andfp

How do I expedite AP?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi Folks,

I would like to know how do I expedite AP due family emergency back in my country. My mom is in a very serious condition at the hospital and I just need to go there.

Many simple questions here:

InfoPass?

Walk In?

Call Center?

What evidence? translated into english?

What happen if they issue an Emergency AP I still get me AP in the EAD ComboCard?

Do I need to have the biometrics done already? (haven't got the appointment letter yet but I do have NOA1s)

Any Risk when I come back? For example I came here on a tourist visa and overstayed for over a month before filling AOS with USCIS.

I'm doing AOS for marriage with a USC.

Thank you all!

---------------------------------- AOS ---------------------------------------------------------

February 28, 2015: AOS Packet Sent via FedEX to Chicago Lockbox: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131.

DAY 19 - March 21, 2015: NOA for Biometrics Appointment scheduled on 04/01/2015

DAY 77 - May 19, 2015: EAD and AP has been approved "We ordered your new card"

DAY 84 - May 26, 2015: We mailed your EAD to the address you gave us/USPS picked up the Card

DAY 85 - May 27, 2015: Interview Scheduled for June 29, 2015.

** May 29: Traveled with my AP back to my country and came back three weeks after with no problems Click here to ready the report **

DAY 117 - June 29, 2015: Had our interview. Approved on the spot.

DAY 124 - July 6, 2015: Welcome noticed received.

DAY 134 - July 16, 2015: Green Card delivered to my home by USPS - END OF AOS -

---------------------------------- ROC ---------------------------------------------------------

DAY 1 - April 7, 2017: Sent I-751 to CSC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

InfoPass?

Walk In?

Call Center?

Why not all of the above?

If you desperately need to go, you've nothing to lose by requesting help from as many sources as possible. As for proof, I'd get a sworn affidavit from someone back home about your mother's condition sent to you as a PDF so that you have something at least to show.

Were it me, I'd go into overkill mode and also contact my congresspersons' offices to ask for help and the USCIS ombudsman, who states that they're there if normal channels won't provide results in time.

All that said, plenty of people have posted that getting an expedited AP is nigh impossible, but you could certainly try.

2015-01-09 mailed AoS package

2015-01-15 e-notification received

2015-01-16 NOA Date

2015-02-04 biometric appointment

2015-03-04 EAD/AP approval email

2015-03-11 EAD mailed

2015-03-16 EAD/AP combo card received

2015-03-26 Interview scheduled online

2015-04-28 Approved for GC at AOS interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi Folks,

I would like to know how do I expedite AP due family emergency back in my country. My mom is in a very serious condition at the hospital and I just need to go there.

InfoPass?

Walk In?

Call Center?

What evidence? translated into english?

What happen if they issue an Emergency AP I still get me AP in the EAD ComboCard?

Do I need to have the biometrics done already? (haven't got the appointment letter yet but I do have NOA1s)

Any Risk when I come back? For example I came here on a tourist visa and overstayed for over a month before filling AOS with USCIS.

I'm doing AOS for marriage with a USC.

Thank you all!

Hi,

You can read how I got an emergency AP about 2 years ago:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/415912-emergency-ap/

However, I don't know about the overstay from a tourist visa, as I came with a K1.

Good luck, I hope your mom gets better

Maya

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Get your biometrics! I actually don't know about the AP, but I just wrote on here about expediting my EAD and I was set back over a week because I got my biometrics done right AFTER I called for the expediting instead of before. As long as you have an appointment you can bring that sheet in as a walk-in.

2/8/2015 Married
2/14/2015 Applications Mailed via Fedex
2/17/2015 NOA Date
3/10/2015 Began long process to expedite EAD. Written about in detail here.
3/13/2015 Biometrics Appointment (I did it early, although after I received my letter)
3/30/2015 EAD approved
4/7/2015 EAD card received - Day 44

9/8/2015 Interview scheduled in NY

10/9/2015 Interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Get your biometrics! I actually don't know about the AP, but I just wrote on here about expediting my EAD and I was set back over a week because I got my biometrics done right AFTER I called for the expediting instead of before. As long as you have an appointment you can bring that sheet in as a walk-in.

Thanks for your reply. I did biometrics a week ago. I'm planning to go for an expedite AP walk-in but I have no clue what to do.

---------------------------------- AOS ---------------------------------------------------------

February 28, 2015: AOS Packet Sent via FedEX to Chicago Lockbox: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131.

DAY 19 - March 21, 2015: NOA for Biometrics Appointment scheduled on 04/01/2015

DAY 77 - May 19, 2015: EAD and AP has been approved "We ordered your new card"

DAY 84 - May 26, 2015: We mailed your EAD to the address you gave us/USPS picked up the Card

DAY 85 - May 27, 2015: Interview Scheduled for June 29, 2015.

** May 29: Traveled with my AP back to my country and came back three weeks after with no problems Click here to ready the report **

DAY 117 - June 29, 2015: Had our interview. Approved on the spot.

DAY 124 - July 6, 2015: Welcome noticed received.

DAY 134 - July 16, 2015: Green Card delivered to my home by USPS - END OF AOS -

---------------------------------- ROC ---------------------------------------------------------

DAY 1 - April 7, 2017: Sent I-751 to CSC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.