robinanis

administrative processing?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

My husband interview was feb19 in Tunisia embassy.he received a 221g.after many calls and emails they told me our file was sent back to USA on march 3.ceac says administrative processing march 3.nvc told me 4 times it has been returned but they haven't recieved it yet.yesterday nvc guy told me it shows blank under our tns number that is hasn't been sent back.how do I find out besides calling the embassy again.or can embassy give me a diplomatic pouch tracking number? Ceac also says plz allow several weeks for this issue to be resolved.. I just want my husband with me

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

It usually takes several weeks and in many cases several months for a case to be returned to USCIS. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do but wait, you are at the mercy of the consulate. Did the CO give a reason for the denial? I would start gathering evidence for a rebuttal now. Sorry about your situation

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

She says she doesn't believe it was a true relationship.but the embassy emailed and it said the aos was outdated.my husband had the updated forms but she didn't look at or even take it.my mother was on the old form and she passed in Aug.so nvc told me to send the updated form to my husband and give it to consulor at interview.her mind was made up before the interview I think.he stood 4 hrs after going to get another paper tranclated.she laughed at our age difference.and told him to divorce me! Lol very unproffesional.I reported this to the embassy.USCIS told me not to worry age has no meaning in the process. woman from the embassy told me not to take it personal lol.ha! Really??? I will gather more evidence even though she didn't look at our photos of me husband his family wedding.emails.letters.she only had what I'd sent to uscis in the beginning

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am 21 years older than my husband and age was not an issue for us. A visa wouldn't have been denied because of the affidavit if support, they would have given you a chance for a joint sponsor, which it looks like you had. It sounds like they already had their minds made up before they interviewed him, this isn't the first time I have heard of that happening. When you get the NOIR they will give you a list of reasons why you were denied, you will have 15 days to return your rebuttal and respond to each individual reason. I have a friend who was denied twice through Casablanca, once for the K-1 and once for the CR1. When she sent her rebuttal the package weighed over 15 pounds. It took her almost 4 years to get her husband here. Be prepared for a long, difficult, uphill battle, but it can be done. Good luck!!

~~moved to Waivers and AP from IR1/CR1 process and procedures as OP states the beneficiary is in AP~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.