IssahluvsTanya

5 years waiting- help! (split and merge)

36 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you gor the respond and i really appreciate it but in our case we dont have an attorney my wife did everything by herself .

Secondly my wife called USCIS for the CO notes of the reason for denial but she was told the CO didnt write anything on our case for the reasons for denials but she only returned our case for review..

And after sending the NOIR response and USCIS reaffirm the case again will it pass through the NVC procedures before bringing it to the embassy or USCIS will send the case straight to the embassy for another interview?

USCIS has 180 days to review the case but it usually doesn't take that long. If you have a lawyer on file with NVC the NOIR will be sent to him. The NOIR will tell you all the reasons your visa was denied. The sad thing is you only get 30 days to respond to the NOIR so it is a good idea to begin getting your paperwork to prove your relationship together now.

Remember all your proof of relationship is for USCIS and USCIS will take the time to read what you send and try to understand your case. If they make a decision in your favor your case will be sent back to the embassy for another interview. In our case USCIS made a decision in our favor in 2 weeks.

Your lawyer will guide you on what to send for proof and put your package together. My lawyer was great and both USCIS and the embassy were impressed with our package. My husband was granted his visa and is here with me now in the USA.

Many people don't use a lawyer but our case was complicated and we really needed a lawyer.

Thank you for the respond and i really appreciate it but in our case we dont have an attorney my wife did everything by herself .

Secondly my wife called USCIS for the CO notes of the reason for denial but she was told the CO didnt write anything on our case for the reasons for denials but she only returned our case for review..

And after sending the NOIR response and USCIS reaffirm the case again will it pass through the NVC procedures before bringing it to the embassy or USCIS will send the case straight to the embassy for another interview?

USCIS has 180 days to review the case but it usually doesn't take that long. If you have a lawyer on file with NVC the NOIR will be sent to him. The NOIR will tell you all the reasons your visa was denied. The sad thing is you only get 30 days to respond to the NOIR so it is a good idea to begin getting your paperwork to prove your relationship together now.

Remember all your proof of relationship is for USCIS and USCIS will take the time to read what you send and try to understand your case. If they make a decision in your favor your case will be sent back to the embassy for another interview. In our case USCIS made a decision in our favor in 2 weeks.

Your lawyer will guide you on what to send for proof and put your package together. My lawyer was great and both USCIS and the embassy were impressed with our package. My husband was granted his visa and is here with me now in the USA.

Many people don't use a lawyer but our case was complicated and we really needed a lawyer.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Thanks for the response i really appreciate it but in our we dont have an attorney my wife did everything by herself so even an intial was sent to her by the USCIS that the are reviewin our case.

Secondly my wife called the USCIS for the notes the CO wrote on our case for the reason for the denial but my wife was told by the USCIS that the CO didnt right anything on our case for the reason for the denial but the CO stated on our case that it was returned for review..

And finally what i want to know is after the NOIR reply is send and USCIS reaffirm the case will it pass through the NVC procedures before getting to the embassy or the case will be send directly frm the USCIS to the embassy for another interview

Timeline

Thank you so very much will NVC assign a new case number and pay some additional fees or will only send it straight to the embassy?

The case will go back to NVC. NVC will then send it back to the embassy.

Edited by IssahluvsTanya

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Assuming the case is reaffirmed with or without a NOIR in the middle it gets passed back to the embassy without any more from you. They will then send you notice for a new interview ( and medical and police records if yours are expired )

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Thank you soo much for the answer so u mean to say that a case can also be reaffirm without the NOIR right cos my wife said she called USCIS for CO notes of the reason for my visa denial but she was told nothing was writting on our case it was only brought for review

Assuming the case is reaffirmed with or without a NOIR in the middle it gets passed back to the embassy without any more from you. They will then send you notice for a new interview ( and medical and police records if yours are expired )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.