12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all, been reading through and you have helped me greatly!

Finally broke and I have to post..

Currently filing for my Adjustment of Status, via a K-1 visa.

I can't find my Alien number, is this okay?

and

What kind of evidence should I include in the pack (have copies of my birth certificate & marriage certificate) what else should be in there?

For some reason this part is taking a toll on me!

Thank you in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It can be found on your NOA2 approval notice from the I-129F petition. It is near the beneficiary's name.

NOA2.jpg

Follow this guide for AOS > http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

The fees for the I-765(EAD-work authorization) and I-131(AP-advance parole for travel) are waived when filed with a pending I-485, so include both of those too. It takes about 60-90 days to receive the EAD/AP combo card, which will allow you to work(along with an SSN) and re-enter the US when traveling abroad while waiting for the green card approval.

You need all the supporting documents for each form as well, so read the instructions for each one. You can also search here on VJ for what to include with each form if you get stumped. There are also example forms here on VJ you can look at when filling out the forms. They can be helpful.

Oh, and here are the details you need about whether or not you need to see a civil surgeon > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428381-i-693-report-of-medical-examination-and-vaccination-report/?p=6206232

~ Moved from K-1 Process to AOS from Family Based Visas - topic is AOS, not K-1 ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

I know the UK DS-3025 is a totally new form (and I guess other places as well) so I suppose I should revise that post a bit. The waiver place is one column coded with letters now. For evidence of marriage, we sent nothing but the marriage certificate. You may get the greencard without an interview. If you have an interview you can present marriage evidence like a joint bank account or wedding photos or joint lease, etc at that time. Some K1s aren't able to get much before they file.

Here's my AOS list than can be a checklist for you. Still read the VJ GUIDES and look at the sample forms and READ the instructions for each form to get the details.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FIsgnb7Tfj7tcRNnqRMKUOXQdEfR6HTUDY2vX6zKqqU/mobilebasic?authkey=CNXN_oQH

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

That's really helpful, thank you so much! Yours is a bit easier to understand, for some reason the big block of text on here wasn't helping me like it had done previously!

Luckily I had all my shots at Knightsbridge too, with the I-131 is it necessary? I have no intention of leaving the country for a good while.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Does spouse need to fill out G-325A? I don't see where it mentions about supporting documents for I-864, but you should include 3 months worth of paystubs, tax transcript, and any other related financial statements.

That's really helpful, thank you so much! Yours is a bit easier to understand, for some reason the big block of text on here wasn't helping me like it had done previously!

Luckily I had all my shots at Knightsbridge too, with the I-131 is it necessary? I have no intention of leaving the country for a good while.

Do the I-131. It's free. No dates of planned trips needed. No special reason to qualify. People die or get sick when you didn't expect it. You want the option to return to the UK should an unforeseen need arise.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I know the UK DS-3025 is a totally new form (and I guess other places as well) so I suppose I should revise that post a bit. The waiver place is one column coded with letters now.

True. I was checking out the new form version earlier today. Basically the same, but I suppose they felt they needed to change something when updating.

Does spouse need to fill out G-325A? I don't see where it mentions about supporting documents for I-864, but you should include 3 months worth of paystubs, tax transcript, and any other related financial statements.

Only the foreign spouse applying for AOS needs the G-325A that is required with the I-485. The I-864 instructions tell you what is needed for that form.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Famous last words. There are several current VJ threads from members that didn't include the I-131/I-765 (AP/EAD) applications with their initial I-485 AOS filing only to later realize the need for the AP/EAD combo card. This is particularly true due to the recent rash of prolonged AOS adjudication times. As a consequence, it is a general forum recommendation to file for the AP/EAD combo card concurrently with the AOS application.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/539084-fee-for-late-filing-of-i-765/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/537263-regarding-sending-i131-application-while-i485-is-pending/

http://www.uscis.gov/i-485

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Okay, you've convinced me that I'd be silly not to include the I-131 too.

On the VJ Step-by-Step guide, it lists that I need 2 passport photographs, but on Nich-Nick's list you say 2 for every form? I have 5, so should I just include all of them or is 2 fine?

Thanks again!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I guess we did it the old-school way, and sent in 6 photos total, 2 for each application. Lately there have been forum threads reporting successful processing with submission of only 2 photos total. Suppose you will have to wait to hear what others have successfully done.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.