17 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have filed F2B for my daughter and I permanent resident. Her priority date is November 2008. I have not received any email from NVC. Do you know when will NVC start pre-processing for her visa. March 2008 priority date is July 08, 2008.

Timeline

Only few months are left before her priority date becomes current but have heard nothing from NVC. I know when my sister applied for us for F4 process started much earlier

Timeline

You should call NVC.

I have called NVC several times and has always been told that once your case is ready for pre processing we will contact you. Just want to know from forum members what is the priority date i.e. between July 2008 and December 2008 (from ROW - rest of the world ) if they have received any communication from NVC and also what is their priority date

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Something is wrong with your case. Sorry I just checked the visa bulletin now.

She should have started the process a long time ago. Call NVC again and ask to speak with a supervisor.

Is your daughter still single?

Timeline

Can one one help with my question on applicant with f2b priority date between August 2008 and March 2009

My daughter priority date is November 2008

My niece is January 2009

My nephew march 2009

All are single and have received no notification from NVC

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Can one one help with my question on applicant with f2b priority date between August 2008 and March 2009

My daughter priority date is November 2008

My niece is January 2009

My nephew march 2009

All are single and have received no notification from NVC

Hi Hamida,

I applied for my son in 2008 as well, his PD is 20 July 2008, current next bulletin ( April 2015 VB which is out in March). I received an email from NVC only end of Feb 2015. I hear that's the new procedure NVC follows because of electronic processing they now follow. Emails are sent out just a month prior to the PD becoming current, another Jamaican boy had the NVC contact him in a similar manner. I sent in all the documents on 26 Feb and I received confirmation from NVC about receipt of the documents, yesterday. Hope this helps.

Timeline

Thnaks for the info. This was very helpful. II got surprised with apple21 notes that we should have received communication. Also in another forum for F2B on the site it is saying that people with priority date upto December 2008 have already received communications.

I do not know if this is handled differently based on country or is it same rules for all.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

What Apple21 said is correct, the NVC followed that procedure until quite recently. They are updating and streamlining the processes especially for certain countries. For several countries the applicants/petitioners can scan documents and email them to NVC. While others still have to use direct mailing. I had to mail my documents which I did via Fedex.

This link shows the list of consulates in those countries that can receive emailed documents (eg. Bombay consulate cases begin with BMB.......... and so on)

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit/how-to-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

And moreover, NVC has certain dates when they send out emails, for instance when they want to inform the petitioner/applicant about starting to process the case they do so around 26th of the month until the 5-6 of the following month. Thats what I read somewhere.

Timeline

Thanks Chubbs. We are from Pakistan. So when do you expect that we will get communication from NVC on following three cases pending.

F2B priority date of November 2008 - Pakistan

F2B priority date of January 2009 - Pakistan

F2B priority date of March 2009 - Pakistan

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

did anyone with priority date of October 2008 or November 2008 have received any notification for F2B visa to start pre processing this month. Last month someone with priority date of September 2008 have received notification

Filed: Other Country: Chile
Timeline

I asked for my son older 21 years on july 28 2014. I receive a letter asking for more evidence in Feb. 28. I sent and they received on march 16 saying that will answer by may 15 unless fingerprints and interview is required. What does means?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.