brother (unmarried earns around 20000) and sister

(unmarried earns around 38000. Her sister is our Sponcer. i am

confused about household size and poverty guidelines. Help me

out guys....

# Does household size means all 4 members or only me and my

wife?

# and about sponcer she is single, does it means she is counted

as 1 or total family members?

Ok, do any of those people claim someone as dependent on their taxes? If not, then, her sister's household size will be 2 (her and you). Your wife's household if she claims no other dependents or has no children, then it is also 2 (her and you).

125% poverty level for 2 is $19,663.

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

household size is the people that the petitioner is responsible for, and has declared on his or her taxes

such as wife, children, sometimes parents if they are the petitioners dependents

the rest may live in the same house but that doesn't mean they are part of the household size

who is the petitioner? you or your wife?

petitioner is always the sponsor, the sister would be the joint sponsor

what does household size means? my wife lives with her mother,

brother (unmarried earns around 20000) and sister

(unmarried earns around 38000. Her sister is our Sponcer. i am

confused about household size and poverty guidelines. Help me

out guys....

# Does household size means all 4 members or only me and my

wife?

# and about sponcer she is single, does it means she is counted

as 1 or total family members?

First, your wife is the primary sponsor and must complete the I-864. She counts herself, you, and any childred she is responsible for. Now if she does not meet the poverty guidelines for her household size (let us assume just you and her for now--so a houshold size of 2) which is $19,912 then you need s co-sponsor. The sister would be that co-sponsor and she would add you to her household size which is herself and anybody else she claims as a dependant on her income taxes. Since you live in the same house, she can file the I-864A along with the I-864 and combine her income with your wife's. You do not need to count the brother and mother in the household size for either your wife's or sister-in-law.

Dave

USCIS just updated the I-864P to the 2015 numbers and 125% is now $19,912

Dave

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Dave

Weird, I thought 19,663 was the 2015 number. I must have pulled the wrong website.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Weird, I thought 19,663 was the 2015 number. I must have pulled the wrong website.

I got my number from the horse's mouth--USCIS I-864P.

Dave

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

hi

household size is the people that the petitioner is responsible for, and has declared on his or her taxes

such as wife, children, sometimes parents if they are the petitioners dependents

the rest may live in the same house but that doesn't mean they are part of the household size

who is the petitioner? you or your wife?

petitioner is always the sponsor, the sister would be the joint sponsor

my wife is petitioner that means she and me are household size and her sister is our joint sponcer and that also means 2 household size she and me... is that? i think m getting it. thanks...

Timeline

Ok, do any of those people claim someone as dependent on their taxes? If not, then, her sister's household size will be 2 (her and you). Your wife's household if she claims no other dependents or has no children, then it is also 2 (her and you).

thanks for ur responce... :)

Timeline

Dave

that means my co-sponcer has 3 household members as she claims her mother as dependent as she earns around 38000(2014 tax return) and my wife who is petitioner earns around 21000(according to 2014 tax return)... i guess both are above poverty line. thanks mate for the response. i think i got it. :)

Timeline

one more question guys as my interview date is already scheduled and Aos is not submitted, told me to take Aos to interview.

Is bank balance needed? May be my wife got around 10000 on her account, will add 15000 on monday and will print out statement so that i can show on interview bt my co-sponcer doesnt have enough balance... may be around 2-3000... is it needed? thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Stop trying to do all sorts of weird things.

Your wife makes over the poverty line. You can bring that and proof of assets (you'll need bank statements going back for a while). They might wonder where these big deposits are coming from.

If they have a problem with your wife, who should technically qualify, you'll use your sister in law and her household of 3 (you, mother in law, and herself) and she will more than qualify.

Forget the brother in law.

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

Your wife makes over the poverty line. You can bring that and proof of assets (you'll need bank statements going back for a while). They might wonder where these big deposits are coming from.

If they have a problem with your wife, who should technically qualify, you'll use your sister in law and her household of 3 (you, mother in law, and herself) and she will more than qualify.

in short u mean Bank Statement and Brother in law are not needed.... My wife and Sister in Law are enough to do Sponcership. Thanks :)

in short u mean Bank Statement and Brother in law are not needed.... My wife and Sister in Law are enough to do Sponcership. Thanks :)

Timeline

Actually the date is coming near so m having some pressure on me. Collecting papers this and that... i have some list of evidence of our relationship. plz review it and tell me are these enough?

# Court Marriage Certificate

# Marriage Photos including my relatives friends and my Mother( father didnot attended)

# Tour Photos

#Love letters from past

#Western Union receipt from 2010 which she send

#Phone records from 2013 which i did

#name of both on Lions Club Certificate when donated some amount to flood victim in rememberance of her father

#She is Beneficiary on my Insurance Policy

#Emails from past

#cards and receipt of Usps and Postal office

and some others........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.