Jay&M

K1 Visa - London Packet 3

17 posts in this topic

Good Afternoon All

Just a quick question - my k1 arrived in London yesterday and my status on CEAC is now 'ready.' I am just waiting on the 'packet 3' instructions and am wondering should I be expecting this via email or post?

I also have my medical on the 9th March - I notice in the instructions from Knightsbridge I need to bring a letter with my case number on? If I don't receive this in time from London am I okay to still attend the medical?

Thanks

Jay

Pending Removal of Conditions following K1 and 2 Year Green Card ... Waiting ~1 year 

Good Afternoon All

Just a quick question - my k1 arrived in London yesterday and my status on CEAC is now 'ready.' I am just waiting on the 'packet 3' instructions and am wondering should I be expecting this via email or post?

I also have my medical on the 9th March - I notice in the instructions from Knightsbridge I need to bring a letter with my case number on? If I don't receive this in time from London am I okay to still attend the medical?

Thanks

Jay

Your instructions are a postal letter.

Take your chances with the clinic. Not sure what their absolute policy is or if you can talk your way around it. You could call them and ask.."What if....?" and get a factual answer.

Phone: 020 7486 7822 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This information is current as of February, 2015. You can still call to verify as mentioned above.

My fiance called and scheduled his medical with Knightsbridge before our petition even landed at the London embassy. He verified he doesn't need any proof of a case number, he just needs the actual case number from NVC. This is so that they can send the medical results to the embassy and attach it to the right petition. You WILL need your police certificate (caused a hassle because it took way longer than they told us it would and he had to reschedule his medical). You will also need proof of vaccinations, passport and the fee. If you are getting further vaccinations there you'll have to reference the instruction sheet off the embassy site to see what their costs are.

Packet 3 from London is a hit or miss - they are not always consistent in sending it, you may not even receive it, and all it is are instructions on what to do next. Some people have received it even after their medical AND interview.

This helps a ton (Nich Nick also worked on this)-> London K1. A complete guide. - United Kingdom - VisaJourney.com

Edited by Megan & Luke

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Your instructions are a postal letter.

Take your chances with the clinic. Not sure what their absolute policy is or if you can talk your way around it. You could call them and ask.."What if....?" and get a factual answer.

Phone: 020 7486 7822 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)

I read somewhere that the London Medical Exam now requires four (4) US sized passport photos on the day of your appointment. Is this true?

If so, Nich, you may want to add that to the London guide for quick reference.

I'm also surprised that the Hepatitis B vaccine is not required?

Edited by CharlieTanger

I read somewhere that the London Medical Exam now requires four (4) US sized passport photos on the day of your appointment. Is this true?

If so, Nich, you may want to add that to the London guide for quick reference.

I'm also surprised that the Hepatitis B vaccine is not required?

Yes to four photos. That got added by Shana at the end. All corrections are added as they become known because I can't edit the posts. The whole thing needs a major re-do because London website links have changed so some bad links, etc. Priority is working on my taxes now.

I believe Hep B is not appropriate after age 18. Children immigrating would need it.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Yes to four photos. That got added by Shana at the end. All corrections are added as they become known because I can't edit the posts. The whole thing needs a major re-do because London website links have changed so some bad links, etc. Priority is working on my taxes now.

I believe Hep B is not appropriate after age 18. Children immigrating would need it.

Ok, thanks for the confirmation.

And that is 4 US sized passport photos, correct?

The medical people don't care about the size--US or UK. It is just to put a face on all pages of the medical results. The photo is not going on a US visa, greencard, or passport so does not have to meet US passport standards.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

The medical people don't care about the size--US or UK. It is just to put a face on all pages of the medical results. The photo is not going on a US visa, greencard, or passport so does not have to meet US passport standards.

One thing they do ask is that theyre supposed to be identical. you cant have say 2 x us and 2 x uk, or all uk and theres a photo from a different date

* - 18th August 2014 - I-129f Sent

* - 21st August 2015 - Recived at CSC

* - 30th September - NOA 1 Received

* - 3rd November - NOA 2 Received

-- was never sent to NVC, got it re approved --

* - 9th January - NOA 2 approved

* - 13th January - Notice from CSC that it was sent this time to NVC

* - 21st January - Received at NVC

* - 22nd January - Case Number assisgned

* - 31st January - left NVC for London

* - 6th Feb - Arrived at Embassy

* - 10th Feb - Packet 3 Received and DS-160 Filled out.

* - 25th February - Medical :dancing:

* - 26th February - readiness form sent

* - 7th April - Interview - approved

* - 14th April - Visa in hand.

* - 17th April Tickets booked http://itsalmo.st/#timetofly

"You WILL need your police certificate (caused a hassle because it took way longer than they told us it would and he had to reschedule his medical). You will also need proof of vaccinations, passport and the fee. If you are getting further vaccinations there you'll have to reference the instruction sheet off the embassy site to see what their costs are."

Did you guys need your police certificates when you call up to book your medical? I know it says that they are required on the website. I'm in Canada so it's going to take a little while to get my police certificates, but I want to book my medical right away so I have proof of not staying in the states when I visit there next month! I'll be returning to the UK in May.

Edited by caphoto

Timeline
"You WILL need your police certificate (caused a hassle because it took way longer than they told us it would and he had to reschedule his medical). You will also need proof of vaccinations, passport and the fee. If you are getting further vaccinations there you'll have to reference the instruction sheet off the embassy site to see what their costs are."

Did you guys need your police certificates when you call up to book your medical? I know it says that they are required on the website. I'm in Canada so it's going to take a little while to get my police certificates, but I want to book my medical right away so I have proof of not staying in the states when I visit there next month! I'll be returning to the UK in May.

No, you don't need it to book the medical - all you need is to give them an NVC case number. You will need it FOR the medical - but they take ages sometimes. It took us a few weeks when they claimed 7-10 days. If the police certificate is from UK it is good for one year, so if you are expecting your process to be completed within this time frame order it now.

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

• 2 years later...
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2015 at 9:56 AM, Megan & Luke said:

This information is current as of February, 2015. You can still call to verify as mentioned above.

My fiance called and scheduled his medical with Knightsbridge before our petition even landed at the London embassy. He verified he doesn't need any proof of a case number, he just needs the actual case number from NVC. This is so that they can send the medical results to the embassy and attach it to the right petition. You WILL need your police certificate (caused a hassle because it took way longer than they told us it would and he had to reschedule his medical). You will also need proof of vaccinations, passport and the fee. If you are getting further vaccinations there you'll have to reference the instruction sheet off the embassy site to see what their costs are.

Packet 3 from London is a hit or miss - they are not always consistent in sending it, you may not even receive it, and all it is are instructions on what to do next. Some people have received it even after their medical AND interview.

This helps a ton (Nich Nick also worked on this)-> London K1. A complete guide. - United Kingdom - VisaJourney.com

@Lorna&Alex see the bolded bit - maybe same thing now???  I think if you print out the NVC letter with the date for the medical you will be fine.  Did acro show up?

I-129F                                                                                                           AOS 

24/7/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX via FedEx                                          19/6/18   - AoS mailed to Chicago via FedEx
25/7/17 - I-129F received at Lewisville, TX                                                          20/6/18   - AoS received at Chicago. I-485/I-765/I-131
27/7/17- NOA1 Notice date on I-797C also via SMS and e-mail                      27/6/18   - check cashed by USCIS 

1/8/17 - NOA1 hardcopy via mail (hardcopy date: 27/7/17)                            28/6/18   - received NOA numbers for all three apps, "submitted date" says 25/6/18   
5/2/18 - NOA2 via SMS and e-mail and App                                                       
2/7/18     - received hardcopy NOA's for all three apps
7/2/18 - NOA2 hardcopy via mail (hardcopy dated: 2/2/18)                            6/7/18     - received letter with date for Biometrics appt            
13/2/18NVC received                                                                                           
9/7/18     - Biometrics appt            
16/2/18 - NVC case number assigned/Case left NVC, status 'In Transit'     
20/7/18   - Fingerprint Review was completed            
20/2/18 - Consulate received                                                                                 
25/7/18   - Update on Current Status on I-485: "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"       
8/3/18 - Medical                                                                                                      
 15 & 29/8/18; 12 & 26/9/18; 10/10/18;  - "We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time" email from USCIS  "We last took action on your case on 18 July 2018"    
23/3/18 - Interview & APPROVED!                                                                         16/10/18  - New card is being produced  (I-765) (text & email notification)
26/3/18 - Advanced Processing                                                                             17/10/18  - Approved Form I-131
27/3/18 - Issued                                                                                                        19/10/18  - Card was Mailed To Us ( I-765) (text notification)                          
3/4/18 - Visa in hand                                                                                                
20/10/18  - received hardcopy NOA's for I-765 & I-131 in mail
12/5/18 - POE                                                                                                            24/10/18 - received EAD/AP combo card in mail   

June 2018 - Wedding (L)                                                             7 & 21/11;5/12 2018;16 & 30/1/19; 27/2; 13/3; 8 & 22/5; 5 & 5 & 19/6 2019 -"We are still reviewing your case & there are no updates at this time" email from USCIS "We last took action on your case on 18 July 2018" 

June 2019 - One Year Anniversary (L)   

19/6/19   - 365 Days / 1 year since submitting AoS

3/7/2019 -"We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time"  email from USCIS "We last took action on your case on 18 July 2018" 

12/7/19  -  USCUS received renewal for EAD & AP; "received date" says 10/7/19   

18/7/19   - Fingerprint Review was completed for I-765

19/7/19   - received hardcopy NOA's for both EAD & AP 

26/7/19   - received letter from USCIS that biometrics approved (didn't have to go again, this was from last years appt)
                                                                                                                                     04/9/19
   - husband rang USCIS about AP and requested expedite for AP

04/9/19   - 15 minutes after checking the USCIS website where no change was listed, it said "Interview was scheduled".  Received email from USCIS later stating "Case Status: Testing & Interview" (438 days)

05/9/19   - received text saying case was updated and to check website 
                                                                                                                                     09/9/19   - received USPS Informed Delivery that USCIS letter would arrive today & it was in the post. Rec'd email from USCIS requesting more info for expedite AP request. Faxed info back immediately. 

10/9/19   - rec'd approval for I131 renewal; 18/9-USCIS email "new card ordered"' 21/9 -"Card/Doc Production"; 23/9-2 ltrs in mail from USCIS, card mailed via USPS (text/email notifications for all)
                                                                                                                     25/9/19    - new EAD/AP card rec'd
                                                                                                                     17/10/19  - Interview in NYC
                                                                                                                                    7/11/19 -  email to check status online, finally "Case was Approved" and "New Card is Being Produced" on site.  App still not updated. 12/11/19 - card was mailed to us; 13/11/19 rec'd tracking number  
                                                                                                                                    15/11/19 - received Green Card in mail
:dance:

Timeline
4 hours ago, NYLondon said:

@Lorna&Alex see the bolded bit - maybe same thing now???  I think if you print out the NVC letter with the date for the medical you will be fine.  Did acro show up?

thank you so much for showing me these!! Nope no acro yet :(

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 20/05/2018 at 11:10 AM, audaud said:

Did you end up going to your medical without the packet 3?

yup!! I never received packet 3 so I didn't even have it for the interview

4 minutes ago, Lorna&Alex said:

yup!! I never received packet 3 so I didn't even have it for the interview

Interesting, what happened when you went to the medical / interview? Did they ask for some sort of proof of your LND number? 

My fiancé and I are trying to figure out if we can skip waiting for his packet 3 to come in and just finish our medical and interview once we get our LND number

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.