s-luvs-k

All Japan Filers

1,867 posts in this topic

On 11/22/2018 at 5:33 PM, ItchyKneeSon said:

If you can throw all of your documents for the IV and AOS packets together really quick (assuming you've paid the necessary fees on the CEAC website), maybe.
It's taken me quite some time, though.  Partially because I'm a perfectionist.  Things that take time before being able to send your IV/AOS packets out are getting your IRS Tax transcripts for the last year (or 3) [that is, if you don't have your Tax Return docs (1040s and accompanying W-2s and 1099s)] and getting the Police Certificate from the Municipal/Prefectural Police HQ [don't need to file it with the IV/AOS packets, just bring it *sealed* to the interview]. 

If you don't have your IRS Tax Transcripts and will be using them, go order them ASAP on the website shown on the Step 4 page here.  They're free, so even if you don't need them, just order them in case.  Mine showed up and had my earnings as $0 because my (past) income in Japan is exempt.  Which isn't terrible, per se, but we're trying to prove that there's a high likelihood that we won't become impoverished once moving to the US.  And the money we make here doesn't count as income (current and on-going) because it will cease once we leave the country and, therefore, can't be counted toward our assets; only your liquid assets and money in the bank are calculated as 'assets'.  A lot of it depends on your specific circumstances, though.

I've got the IV and AOS packets sitting on the table in front of me ready to send out and if we can be in the US in February, I'd be ecstatic.
With that said, get the ball rolling and I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Thank you for the tips! Fortunately we had most documents ready before we finally fired our incompetent lawyer last week (who asked me to open the sealed police certificate....). Sorry about my panicked questions earlier!

We started collecting documents since September, so we already had all the documents. However, it did take around 6 hours to translate our rental lease agreement in Japan, just to be safe. Everything has been sent on Sunday, waiting for them to finish reviewing now. Never thought a double holiday weekend would feel so slow!

Thanks again for your detailed response!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

@Naes Hi quick question that I thought you might be able to answer, You were able to successfully reschedule your Interview appointment a couple of times... did you do it through the website or by calling?  Also, around what time were you checking?  I'm trying to secure an earlier interview appointment because the earliest they have currently is January 14th.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, LanKei said:

@Naes Hi quick question that I thought you might be able to answer, You were able to successfully reschedule your Interview appointment a couple of times... did you do it through the website or by calling?  Also, around what time were you checking?  I'm trying to secure an earlier interview appointment because the earliest they have currently is January 14th.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

just the website. you can reschedule up to 2 times

Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

just the website. you can reschedule up to 2 times

Thank you for your response!  Would you happen to remember what time you were checking and seen earlier appointments open up?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, LanKei said:

Thank you for your response!  Would you happen to remember what time you were checking and seen earlier appointments open up?

Every single hour. I was checking anytime I can. One came up at 6 am another was at 5 pm. there is no time to do it.

Edited by Naes

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Naes said:

Every single hour. I was checking anytime I can. One came up at 6 am another was at 5 pm. there is no time to do it.

Thank you!  This information helps tremendously!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

A few tips I've picked-up to fast track things as I go through this process (K1 visa at Tokyo)...

1) You can get your police report done with your NOA1 (no need to wait for NOA2)

2) The Seibo International Catholic Hospital will let you schedule the medical once you get the NVC number over the phone (the other hospital won't let you).  

3) It looks like you can complete your DS-160 and schedule the interview with the Embassy before you get your NVC number.  In retrospect had I known this I would have scheduled the interview ~1.5 months after receiving my NOA2 (you can reschedule twice so you aren't taking much of a risk).

Timeline
5 hours ago, nekojita said:

A few tips I've picked-up to fast track things as I go through this process (K1 visa at Tokyo)...

1) You can get your police report done with your NOA1 (no need to wait for NOA2)

2) The Seibo International Catholic Hospital will let you schedule the medical once you get the NVC number over the phone (the other hospital won't let you).  

3) It looks like you can complete your DS-160 and schedule the interview with the Embassy before you get your NVC number.  In retrospect had I known this I would have scheduled the interview ~1.5 months after receiving my NOA2 (you can reschedule twice so you aren't taking much of a risk).

But I responded to all those when you asked in November? Why did it take longer after that?

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Naes said:

But I responded to all those when you asked in November? Why did it take longer after that?

Hi Naes - thanks for your response earlier.  Some of these add additional details that weren't part of my last post (like how you can get medical at Seibo but not the other hospital w/o the paper).  Do you happen to have the latest P3 Letter? Thanks!

Timeline
5 hours ago, nekojita said:

Hi Naes - thanks for your response earlier.  Some of these add additional details that weren't part of my last post (like how you can get medical at Seibo but not the other hospital w/o the paper).  Do you happen to have the latest P3 Letter? Thanks!

I'm sorry I wish I told you about Seibo, I sent everyone I met to Seibo. 

P3 letter as in the package they send you from the embassy? 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Naes said:

I'm sorry I wish I told you about Seibo, I sent everyone I met to Seibo. 

P3 letter as in the package they send you from the embassy? 

No problem! Yeah, the letter from the embassy.  I'm waiting on mine, but just wanted to read it over and double check that I had everything in order. Thanks!

Timeline
On 12/19/2018 at 8:46 AM, nekojita said:

No problem! Yeah, the letter from the embassy.  I'm waiting on mine, but just wanted to read it over and double check that I had everything in order. Thanks!

It has nothing on it. I got it by email(because of some extraordinary situation). It will tell you what they want you to send, DS-160, pictures, only case old visa copy etc. but this one really differs by person. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

My fiance has his interview scheduled for the first Monday in March! I'm pretty happy.

Working with my mother to get the AOS filled out. Does my fiance need a copy of his bank records too or does that not matter? Seems like it is probably going to be 10,000 to request those statements from the bank.

The health check set us back 48,000 because he needed a vaccination as well. Ouch.

Timeline
7 hours ago, azuki said:

My fiance has his interview scheduled for the first Monday in March! I'm pretty happy.

Working with my mother to get the AOS filled out. Does my fiance need a copy of his bank records too or does that not matter? Seems like it is probably going to be 10,000 to request those statements from the bank.

The health check set us back 48,000 because he needed a vaccination as well. Ouch.

Congratulations! Not sure what the AOS has anything to do with the K1 interview but my fiancé didn't need to provide any bank statements or any proof of income because her income was not calculated in the I-134 because I (the petitioner) make enough to support her and her child.

Timeline
6 hours ago, LanKei said:

Congratulations! Not sure what the AOS has anything to do with the K1 interview but my fiancé didn't need to provide any bank statements or any proof of income because her income was not calculated in the I-134 because I (the petitioner) make enough to support her and her child.

Sorry, meant Affidavit of Support :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.