s-luvs-k

All Japan Filers

1,867 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
6 hours ago, islanderfever said:

Wife’s visa was APPROVED! There were about 10 appointments today in Tokyo. She said she had I nice experience at the embassy and an easygoing interview. I’ll update later on her whole process when she gets back from Tokyo. 

Congratulations islanderfever! 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, JGG5 said:

Minor update. Immediately after the interview the CEAC visa status showed us as "refused" but later last night after I sent the requested documents our status had changed to "adminstrative processing". 

No immediate response from the embassy. Only the change in status.

Well, administrative processing is better than refused. I am sure it will change to approved/issued soon.

8 hours ago, islanderfever said:

Wife’s visa was APPROVED! There were about 10 appointments today in Tokyo. She said she had I nice experience at the embassy and an easygoing interview. I’ll update later on her whole process when she gets back from Tokyo. 

would like to hear more about how her interview went and what are some of the questions would love to take some notes! Congrats!

11 hours ago, JGG5 said:

Quick heads up. Wife was rejected under Section 221 (g) for noncompliance with the INA's requirements:

"PCS orders indicating transfer to US or letter from company confirming position in JPN"

Embassy kept my wife's passport and said once I sent in a company letter indication transition back to the US she would be approved. 

I was in Japan under SOFA on a Letter of Authorization (LOA) as a MDA government contractor. We don't receive PCS orders. So, I sent the embassy my most recent LOA (confirming position in Japan) and a copy of my signed offer letter (confirming my transition to the US) for my current position. Apparently another lady there was having a similar problem. 

If your spouse has an upcoming interview please be sure to include any documents you have indicating either a transition to the US or employment in Japan. Just in case. 

provide the documentation needed and send it via mail and you will get your approval soon😊

Timeline
5 hours ago, jmcl10 said:

provide the documentation needed and send it via mail and you will get your approval soon😊

Docs were sent immediately after the interview. I'm sure it's fine now. Just wish they said something before the interview.

Timeline
19 hours ago, islanderfever said:

Sharing my wife’s experience from this past Friday’s interview. 

Got there at 9:15am. Appointment was at 9:30am. Was told that she could enter the embassy at 9:25am. 

Phone was allowed inside the building, bluetooth off. We were able to chat with each other while waiting. 

Received an instruction sheet for the order of documents 

1. 2 color photographs

2. Current passport

3. I-864 Affidavit of Support

4. Police certificate(s)

5. Court and prison records, military record (if applicable)

6. LetterPack Plus envelope

Went up to the first window to turn in documents. CO also asked for original marriage certificate and birth certificate with English translations (because from Vietnam). At this point CO gave back the I-864 and photographs, since they were already uploaded on NVC. CO gave her a paper about domestic violence to read while waiting. Sit down for a few minutes and then take fingerprints. 

Waiting time was long because there were others interviewing before her. 3 consular officers were working and only 1 was doing the interview. Each interview was around 10mins long with about a 15mins gap between each interview.

At 11:10am, interview time:

What is your husband’s full name?

How did you meet?

Did you meet in Japan or Vietnam?

Where is your husband now?

What does your husband do?

What other countries has your husband worked in?  

What island (in Hawaii) is your husband from?

Where are his parents from?

What language do they speak at home?

Does your husband have any siblings?

What will your husband do in Hawaii?

When did you move to Japan?

Why wait until now to move to the US?

Then the interviewing CO said that she was approved. Received original marriage certificate and birth certificate back. Would be receiving passport back with visa in the mail in about a week.  

Wife said that everyone there was very professional and kind. From the security guards, receptionists, and COs, everyone had a friendly demeanor. Be prepared and everything will go smoothly. That’s it for now, good luck to everyone!

Thanks for sharing your wife's experience at the embassy. Cheers.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, TaKane said:

Got it. It will take some time for them to review and process. Should be all good. 👍

Time will tell. Will be glad to put all of this behind us. 

29 minutes ago, TaKane said:

Congratulations! 

How was the interview like? Smooth? 

Thanks!

She said it was incredibly easy. They just asked simple questions like where did you meet your husband, what's his name, date of birth, do you have any kids together. 

She brought a ton of supplemental evidence but they never asked for anything.

22 minutes ago, carpfan said:

Thanks!

She said it was incredibly easy. They just asked simple questions like where did you meet your husband, what's his name, date of birth, do you have any kids together. 

She brought a ton of supplemental evidence but they never asked for anything.

congratulations! where did she got her passport photos taken?

3days away from my interview :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.