vanity08

HELP WITH WAIVER PLZ (I-601)

40 posts in this topic

Good Afternoon VJ. Please I have a few questions regarding my waiver.

1) Do you have to write the Headship yourself or the lawyer does?

2) How long did the lawyer take to send everything off?

My lawyer is telling me that my husband have to write the headship himself. Is almost a month since we gave the paperwork to them and still nothing is moving.

Any help from those who have done the waiver process will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

This is the greatest lesson a child can learn. It is the greatest lesson anyone can learn. It has been the greatest lesson I have learned: if you persevere, stick w/it, work @ it, you have a real opportunity to achieve something. Sure, there will be storms along the way. And you might not reach your goal right away. But if you do your best and keep a true compass, you'll get there. Edward M. Kennedy,

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Waivers, from IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is normal to have the waiver ready to go once you have been refused the visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Atty prepares a brief that outline legally your hardship that (USC) have written

Atty prepares a list of contents in package

USC writes hardship letter stating why they must have mate with them

(normal depression don't count)

All evidences on country conditions, medical, financial & other hardships

must be in the package

The applicant outside don't write a letter unless they committed a crime

& an apology letter is enclosed

they don't need to write any letter...line 56 already asked what they have to

say re: requiring the waiverand that the atty will already have filled out

Six weeks should be tops for an atty to put a pkge together as long as

U furnish the evidences

Edited by Jawaree

Who is the immigrant ? The waiver is writen by the USC about the hardships they encounter by not being reunited with the immigrant.

Thank u,I am the wife. So my husband have to write it in this case. Will it be okay if I write it and send it to him?

This is the greatest lesson a child can learn. It is the greatest lesson anyone can learn. It has been the greatest lesson I have learned: if you persevere, stick w/it, work @ it, you have a real opportunity to achieve something. Sure, there will be storms along the way. And you might not reach your goal right away. But if you do your best and keep a true compass, you'll get there. Edward M. Kennedy,

Atty prepares a brief that outline legally your hardship that (USC) have written

Atty prepares a list of contents in package

USC writes hardship letter stating why they must have mate with them

(normal depression don't count)

All evidences on country conditions, medical, financial & other hardships

must be in the package

The applicant outside don't write a letter unless they committed a crime

& an apology letter is enclosed

they don't need to write any letter...line 56 already asked what they have to

say re: requiring the waiverand that the atty will already have filled out

Six weeks should be tops for an atty to put a pkge together as long as

U furnish the evidences

Thank you Jawaree, I still some time. The problem is my husband doesn't have any medical conditions, only some financial, that is the problem we are having at the moment, because I don't know if it will a strong headship. I wrote a letter of apology, that means I don't need to. My is misrepresentation, do you think is a good idea to add the letter,

just yesterday t is normal to have the waiver ready to go once you have been refused the visa.

I the lawyer knew I would need the waiver, but did nothing, just yesterday thy inform my husband. The interview was on 02/02/2015. I was refused entry to usa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Being in the UK you have an uphill battle, because it would usually be easy for him to move there. Usually hardship is based on reasons that the USC can't move there and why he suffers from not having you with him. There are cases where there is no good reason. There is another site that is very good with waivers immigrate2us.net

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Being in the UK you have an uphill battle, because it would usually be easy for him to move there. Usually hardship is bthinking d on reasons that the USC can't move there and why he suffers from not having you with him. There are cases where there appreciate somereason. There is another site that is very good with waivers immigrate2us.net

thanks a lot, that is the problem, because UK doesn't have much problem going on apart from lack of employment and the nhs not treating people well, even that one they are working on it. i was thinking because of my son it would help but he leaves with me. He is a USA citizen. I will look the website up. Thank you really appreciate it.

OP everyone has problems whether one is in an industrialized country

or not, so find it. You will present financial hardships, anything medical

with him you can present (even sinus) just have the factual proof from

doctor, bunion .Think, as long as true use it, the hardship can only

be on him....yes you can write it & have your husband copy it. Many ppl

from UK without serious medical probs have gained waivers..He should

have receipts for financial arguments, your package must be strong

especially depending on what your misrep were..you have a hard fighr hope

you are working with an atty...Talk about all the issues of a boy or child being

raised without dad leading to dilinquency etc..pull experts and child psychologists

determinations on these issues from reputable sites to be part of package,

tell how its affecting dad ....not U......have your son write a letter in his own

hand-writing about dad, missing events etc....then type it so adjudicator can read,

then staples that in his own handwriting too for package.

Yes misrep you need an apology letter in your own words from the heart in the pkge

make sure he get copies of brief from the atty U use, should be no less than a 5 page brief

best wishes

Edited by Jawaree

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There seems no difference in waiver approvals between different countries.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

OP everyone has problems whether one is in an industrialized country

or not, so find it. You will present financial hardships, anything medical

with him you can present (even sinus) just have the factual proof from

doctor, bunion .Think, as long as true use it, the hardship can only

be on him....yes you can write it & have your husband copy it. Many ppl

from UK without serious medical probs have gained waivers..He should

have receipts for financial arguments, your package must be strong

especially depending on what your misrep were..you have a hard fighr hope

you are working with an atty...Talk about all the issues of a boy or child being

raised without dad leading to dilinquency etc..pull experts and child psychologists

determinations on these issues from reputable sites to be part of package,

tell how its affecting dad ....not U......have your son write a letter in his own

hand-writing about dad, missing events etc....then type it so adjudicator can read,

then staples that in his own handwriting too for package.

Yes misrep you need an apology letter in your own words from the heart in the pkge

make sure he get copies of brief from the atty U use, should be no less than a 5 page brief

best wishes

good morning, thanks a lot. Baby just turn one, he can't write. I was thinking of doing some foot painting and send it.Hope it will do some. Was dedenied entry to the usa because they find out I was married and I thay I was moving in. Because of that I was issued with a misrepresentation. Am going to do a lot of research and see what I can add.

atty brief what does it includes? Does the atty have to write that themselves? This atty I think I got the wrong person because he doesn't seem to know what they are doing. Plz if you know of a website I can look up, I wil really appreciate if you can send it to me. Thanks

I think if U go to immigrate2US U will garner some info...there

maybe a UK thread, you can add pictures of the family to the

packet... if the atty is not savvy with waivers , then either he learn

along with yourself or U change to a atty that deals with waivers

The waivers are $545 (I think ) each, the attys brief is an over-view

of you case, arguments , why U should be considered, in a legal

format, It would speak to letters written by you, your evidences &

character refs. For U strong arguments are needed & proofs.did U

admit to be moving in? Once U lie to CBP that's it U will get a denial

in entering the country, base on your attys argument the case is

very doable

Aldo read up on FAM 40 (all of it)

Edited by Jawaree

I think if U go to immigrate2US U will garner some info...there

maybe a UK thread, you can add pictures of the family to the

packet... if the atty is not savvy with waivers , then either he learn

along with yourself or U change to a atty that deals with waivers

The waivers are $545 (I think ) each, the attys brief is an over-view

of you case, arguments , why U should be considered, in a legal

format, It would speak to letters written by you, your evidences &

character refs. For U strong arguments are needed & proofs.did U

admit to be moving in? Once U lie to CBP that's it U will get a denial

in entering the country, base on your attys argument the case is

very doable

Aldo read up on FAM 40 (all of it)[/quote

I admitted I was married not moving in. I told them at no point in time did they asked if I was married. I will go and have a read and also think about maybe changing the lawyer. And if it wants work he will have to move to the UK instead because this hole process is too long. Thanks a lot ps. The FAM40 where will I find it. Is it on

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.