khwaidee1

The President's answer is "more extensive inclusion"

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

At his summit on countering violence extremism (the irony of even having an open conference on the issue is not lost on many) he suggests "more extensive inclusion" is the answer. More "extensive inclusion" into what? How do you include people who don't want to be included? Somehow these people's acts have nothing to do with religion but rather, a lack of inclusion and economic opportunity. I know I didn't go to Columbia or Harvard but, I don't think these guys want to be included in anything other than their own agenda. I could be wrong but, their acts seem to consistent with their words.

You can't change the hearts and minds of those who dismember hearts from minds.

Maybe the VJ lefties will charter a plane, fly to the Islamic State and show them what 'inclusive' means.

Hugs for everybody!!!

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Maybe the VJ lefties will charter a plane, fly to the Islamic State and show them what 'inclusive' means.

Hugs for everybody!!!

Maybe the VJ righties will stop throwing out ridiculous statements that have no basis in anything anyone has actually said.

Then again, time will probably start flowing backwards before that happens.

Maybe the VJ righties will stop throwing out ridiculous statements that have no basis in anything anyone has actually said.

I hope so, I've got a few things I'd like to go back and change.

LOL. My comment was actually on-topic. Yours is not.

typical

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

further evidence of how reactionaries and fearmongers have made their lasting impact in current american culture.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Everything that you say makes sense but the one thing you missed in your questioning is 'why'. Why do these people not want to be included? How did they get to the point where their humanity was so badly severed that they became psycopaths?

As you say, these people's acts have nothing to do with religion, but the cause for their actions must be rooted in social circumstances. As a species and as a race, we must find out what happened to them and when.

You need not look past Europe to realize that poverty and economic ruin in Germany created the conditions that gave rise to the Nazi movement, which began of mostly dienfranchised Germans who saw in Jews and foreigners the reason for their misery.

Insipid as it sounds, a 'summit for countering violence extremism' is pretty much something that might have prevented millions of lost lives had it been held in at the very end of WWI.

History her this nagging way of repeating itself.

At his summit on countering violence extremism (the irony of even having an open conference on the issue is not lost on many) he suggests "more extensive inclusion" is the answer. More "extensive inclusion" into what? How do you include people who don't want to be included? Somehow these people's acts have nothing to do with religion but rather, a lack of inclusion and economic opportunity. I know I didn't go to Columbia or Harvard but, I don't think these guys want to be included in anything other than their own agenda. I could be wrong but, their acts seem to consistent with their words.

You can't change the hearts and minds of those who dismember hearts from minds.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Everything that you say makes sense but the one thing you missed in your questioning is 'why'. Why do these people not want to be included? How did they get to the point where their humanity was so badly severed that they became psycopaths?

As you say, these people's acts have nothing to do with religion, but the cause for their actions must be rooted in social circumstances. As a species and as a race, we must find out what happened to them and when.

You need not look past Europe to realize that poverty and economic ruin in Germany created the conditions that gave rise to the Nazi movement, which began of mostly dienfranchised Germans who saw in Jews and foreigners the reason for their misery.

Insipid as it sounds, a 'summit for countering violence extremism' is pretty much something that might have prevented millions of lost lives had it been held in at the very end of WWI.

History her this nagging way of repeating itself.

Super deep and observant. Sure, we can look to the root causes, oil, the US policy towards the middle East, the destabilization of Iraq etc.. But, once you have identified the causes, how does that get you to a solution? This way of thinking has been around for a long time, 13th century I believe and been contained in one form or another. 9/11 brought it to our shores and we reacted as we saw fit. Our version of democracy is certainly not a one size fits all and, as terrible as it sounds, some places may be better served by a totalitarian government or a dictator. The "Arab Spring" that Obama so gleefully embraced has done nothing more than further destabilize the region with Yemen following next. While a "summit" may have a feel good quality to it, these are different times and people with a different agenda. We are not talking about a country stinging from a sounding rebuke from WWI, the Germans were made to pay dearly both in money and land and that set up the resentment. Unfortunately, the Jews once again became scapegoats in Europe for many reasons. But these are different people who do not want to live in the 21st century (save the weaponry and twitter accounts), these people will never come to the table. They are an illness amongst mankind, kind of like necrotizing fascitis, if you don't aggressively deal with it, it will kill you. I don't believe there are any simple solutions but, they longer we talk and try and include these people and fear to offend them and only "degrade" them, they will grow stronger and more innocents will die.

Edited by khwaidee1

in my mind all isis wants is attention and fear. and we just can't help ourselves.

my interpretation of 'extensive inclusion' would be embracing the people we are so quick to push aside - HERE, IN THIS COUNTRY. isis is not on our doorstep. the majority of americans are not hell bent on killing anyone who doesn't agree with them. so, like a parent who has the ability to ignore a tantrum or get down on their knees and wail right alongside their toddler - we can either approach this with some intelligence and work to keep those on the fringe from adopting such a destructive ideology or we can keep rolling with the punches and hope extremism is something that can ultimately be silenced (hint - probably not).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I hope so, I've got a few things I'd like to go back and change.

that sheep will never tell ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!