CharlieTanger

January 2015 - TSC Filers

708 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone.

We received our NOA1 on January 30th.

And still waiting for any update :-(

Right now I'm visiting my fiance here in the US. At least we can be together for a couple of weeks while waiting. But I am definitely not the calm part of us regarding waiting for a update :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So one of my senator's aids called me today in response to my case, and he said that it looks like I will be receiving an RFE next week. I have mixed feelings right now. I am upset that there us going to be more waiting in my future. On the other hand, at least they actually got to it, and have been working on it. I really hope they are only going to ask for more evidence that we have met. If that is the case I will send them some pictures and scan the visas in my passport so they can see it. I will send it for next day delievery to try and speed it up.

Does anyone know how long of a wait I can expect to hear if they approve or not after they receive my RFE?

Timeline

Have you checked your myUSCIS on line with your receipt number?

I think its like the NOA1 and that it will take about a week to get the letter so you know what its all about. On ImmiFairy I have seen approvals in a week up to 6 weeks. Most average about 4 weeks.

Good Luck

K-1 Journey

2/27/2015: Sent I-129F to Black Hole in Texas:
3/13/2015 NOA1 Received by snail mail:
8/18 2015 ; NOA2 APPROVED. Perfect timing since Linh's current B1/B2 visa stay expires in 3 days and heads back to Vietnam
8/24/2015: NOA2 Shipped to Department of State (DOS) - National Visa Center (NVC)
9/1/2015: NVC Received NOA2 Package and have assigned a Case Number!
9/22/2015: Received PKT3... Finally..... Can now make appointment for Medical Examination
9/28/2015: Medical Exam - Took 3 days... Cho Ray is a mess. Vaccinations delayed until passing Interview because of shortage of vaccinations in Vietnam
10/7/2015: Interview at Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City and APPROVED!!!!
10/22/2015 K1 Visa in hand. Son's K2 visa only valid for 6 months (W-T-F-?) Thought good for 1 year. Inquire at consulate and told visa good only as long as the medical which is 6 months K2 VISAS NOT GOOD FOR 1 YEAR AS ADVERTISED ON DOS WEBSITE!
10/29/2015 POE Chicago; Easiest pass through for Linh in her 4 previous entries.
11/2/2015: Not tuned in enough to Social Security not to pick "the first day of the month" to try to get signed up. Read VJ advice, it's spot on, we had a processor who knew K1. We were in the SAVE database in 3 days so it was easy after a 2 hour wait.
11/21/2015: MARRIED IN GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK

AOS/AP/EAD Journey for Wife on K-1 Visa

12/8/2015 Completed 4 days of torture to get Vaccine Verification from Civil Surgeon

12/9/2015 Package with Applications Sent FedEx Overnight to Chicago confirmed received 12/10/2015

12/14/2015 Received 3 Emails with Acceptance confirmation of 3 applications all received 12/10/2015. Check cashed

12/18/2015 NOA1 for all 3 applications received by snail mail. NOA 1 date of 12/10/2015

12/31/2015 Received I-797C letter for Biometric Appointment on 1/11/2016 in Nashville instead of Memphis Yea!

1/6/2016 Biometric Appointment Walk IN - DONE

1/14/2016 Received a I-797C letter dated 1/9/2016 that we DO NOT need to do biometrics, already have enough information in the system from previous entries (Likely from B1/B2 visa last year)

2/9/2016 I-765 EAD DENIED But... a minute later....

2/9/2016 I-485 Application CARD ORDERED on 2/6/2016

2/10/2016 GREEN CARD SHIPPED on 2/9/2016 2/11/2016 GREEN CARD IN HAND!!! RECORD TIME 62 DAYS

AOS/AP/EAD Journey for Son on K-2 Visa

3/16/2016 All arrive in Chicago from Vietnam. Son passes customs with flying colors. Wife is delayed for 3.5 hours. Homeland Security lets us go with no questions... amazing. We miss our connections and get home thankfully at 1AM

4/11/2016 Package with Applications Send Fed Ex Overnight to Chicago and FedEx confirms delivery on 4/12/2016

4/26/2016 Received 3 emails and 3 text with Acceptance of confirmation of 3 applications. NOA1 Date 4/25/2016 WHAT IS GOING ON CHICAGO? Took 10 days longer than last time to just receive mail

4/27/2016 Check is cashed. Still can't look up Receipt Numbers on Case Status online at USCIS.GOV WHAT IS GOING ON?????

5/25/2016 Walk in for a "junior" Biometrics for an 11 year old (supposedly not required). Oops wrote down the wrong day, appointment was for 5/23/2016. USCIS office was nice and accepted us 2 days late.

7/13/2016 Finally the Check Status Website worked. Approved EAD and AP. Website still not working on AOS Green Card Application. No email notification at all....

7/15/2016 Card for EAD mailed. Card is for both EAD and AP. Received 7/19/2016. Waiting now for AOS Interview or Green Card Approval

7/19/2016 The USCIS.GOV is now working for our AOS application. Is there light at the end of the tunnel? Seems others have access to USCIS.GOV Check Case now. Glitch fixed?

8/15/2016 I-485 Approved. Status now Card/Document Production

8/20/2016 GREEN CARD DELIVERED -118 Days K-2 Process complete, see y'all on Lifting Conditions board in a year or so

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello... I've got NOA2 on 16 July and my case was sent to NVC on 22 july but i've check online it doesn't change if the NVC received our case. It says " we send your case to department of states for visa processing"

Is it normal procedures?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline

Hello everyone i received my NOA1 on Jan 12th 2015. I'm approaching 7 months and still no word I log onto website everyday and night and it says the same thing case received. I'm past the date visa journey said my case may be adjudicated by as I'm sure many of us fellow January filers are who still haven't heard a peep. I've been staying in Aruba (where she lives) since March 25th to pass time, and I leave September 20th. If I don't hear anything at all this month then I will lose all hope in bringing her to the states. As I'm beginning to lose faith, and if I don't hear anything by the time I arrive in late September then I will seriously consider moving to Aruba by the start of next year.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello... I've got NOA2 on 16 July and my case was sent to NVC on 22 july but i've check online it doesn't change if the NVC received our case. It says " we send your case to department of states for visa processing"

Is it normal procedures?

It won't change anymore on the USCIS website. You should phone the NVC and ask them for your case number, then you can track it online on the US department of state website (CEAC). On CEAC, it will show you whether your status is "in transit" from NVC or "ready" at the consulate for you to book an interview.

4/21/2016 - Got green card! :) No immigration worries til 2018!

Timeline

APPROVED!!! yay :-)

NOA1 -> January 30

NOA2 -> August 07 (we received no text just checked the status this morning online )

long waiting time is finally over. Waiting for the next steps now!

Timeline

Have you checked your myUSCIS on line with your receipt number?

I think its like the NOA1 and that it will take about a week to get the letter so you know what its all about. On ImmiFairy I have seen approvals in a week up to 6 weeks. Most average about 4 weeks.

Good Luck

Yes I have checked. My case has not been updated yet on the site. I am just going by what they said at the Senator's office, and they said I should receive it early this coming week. I am going to call back on Monday and ask if Texas said when and if they sent it yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

So one of my senator's aids called me today in response to my case, and he said that it looks like I will be receiving an RFE next week. I have mixed feelings right now. I am upset that there us going to be more waiting in my future. On the other hand, at least they actually got to it, and have been working on it. I really hope they are only going to ask for more evidence that we have met. If that is the case I will send them some pictures and scan the visas in my passport so they can see it. I will send it for next day delievery to try and speed it up.

Does anyone know how long of a wait I can expect to hear if they approve or not after they receive my RFE?

Hi Clawren86:

Although the RFE is not what you were looking for, it is good that there appears to be some action on your case. I hope the RFE is simple.

I got a call from my Congressman's office and they are trying to find out what the story is with our case. I am expecting an RFE for a Japan divorce decree and wish they would just get on with it. I am ready to send more documentation, but obviously I have to wait until they act. Since I am expecting RFE I did a little research on how long that will delay things. It seems to me that from the time they get your response, it's about 10 to 30 days for people to then get their approvals. This is just a very rough estimate looking at people's timelines who show they got an RFE from Texas in the past 6 months.

Good luck to you and all the others still waiting.

APPROVED!!! yay :-)

NOA1 -> January 30

NOA2 -> August 07 (we received no text just checked the status this morning online )

long waiting time is finally over. Waiting for the next steps now!

Congrats to themonkeys for this great news!!!

i-751 Sent 1/7/19
i-751 Received 1/9/19
Check Cashed 1/14/19
(G-1145 Email Receipt of case #: Never Received)
1/15/19: Called USCIS and given EAC Case Number

Timeline

Thank you ericapplebaum !!

It's just so incredible to see that's it's going forward right now. And I hope that all January filers are getting approved soon. We waited long enough! :-)

Edited by themonkeys

Hey everyone!

I usually dont post, but am always creeping on here lol.

Our NOA1 was recieved by the TSC on 1/30/2015.

We finally received our NOA2 email (no Text) at 10:38 pm central time, 8/7/2015. Thank god!

I hope everyone else who hasnt recieved theirs yet, gets them soon!

Im not sure what happens next, other then its supposed to go to the NVC who will mail it out to the consulate in Isreal. She then gets her paperwork, fills out, scedules a medical and interview app, and does it.

Does that sounds correct? any advice? Thanks!

Hey everyone!

I usually dont post, but am always creeping on here lol.

Our NOA1 was recieved by the TSC on 1/30/2015.

We finally received our NOA2 email (no Text) at 10:38 pm central time, 8/7/2015. Thank god!

I hope everyone else who hasnt recieved theirs yet, gets them soon!

Im not sure what happens next, other then its supposed to go to the NVC who will mail it out to the consulate in Isreal. She then gets her paperwork, fills out, scedules a medical and interview app, and does it.

Does that sounds correct? any advice? Thanks!

Timeline

It won't change anymore on the USCIS website. You should phone the NVC and ask them for your case number, then you can track it online on the US department of state website (CEAC). On CEAC, it will show you whether your status is "in transit" from NVC or "ready" at the consulate for you to book an interview.

Ooh ok thank you for the information. Does anyone know apps for free calls. I tried to find here but couldn't find it cause i read before here about free calls app

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Ooh ok thank you for the information. Does anyone know apps for free calls. I tried to find here but couldn't find it cause i read before here about free calls app

Hello fellow Texan/Indonesian's - I use WhatsApp and Facebook for free calls.

Good luck with your interview - I would love to hear how it went since we will (hopefully) have our interview from the same embassy soon.

Timeline

Hello fellow Texan/Indonesian's - I use WhatsApp and Facebook for free calls.

Good luck with your interview - I would love to hear how it went since we will (hopefully) have our interview from the same embassy soon.

Hi....i will try to call with wa app and hopefully will get good news soon about new case no and hope you so. Have you get NOA2 yet?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.