luckytxn

Gene Alday, Mississippi Lawmaker, Says Blacks Don't Work And Get 'Crazy Welfare Checks'

87 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Actually, it's not me that is making stuff up. It's you. The original conversation was whether more white people than black people are on the dole. You said (look below) it's a lie that more whites than blacks are on the dole and came with some unverifiable number from some obscure website to support that statement. I asked for the source of these percentages that are presented and it seems that thus far, when we looked closer at actual agency reports, it appears that it is indeed true that more white folk than black folk are on the dole.

As I understand it there more whites than blacks on the dole (by virtue of pure numbers) but that if you are black you are statistically more likely to be on the dole.

After all, it's not the first time this issue has come up on here.

Actually, it's not me that is making stuff up. It's you. The original conversation was whether more white people than black people are on the dole. You said (look below) it's a lie that more whites than blacks are on the dole and came with some unverifiable number from some obscure website to support that statement. I asked for the source of these percentages that are presented and it seems that thus far, when we looked closer at actual agency reports, it appears that it is indeed true that more white folk than black folk are on the dole.

No the conversation was are there more whites than blacks on Welfare, but please do carry on.... You might find a unicorn

As I understand it there more whites than blacks on the dole (by virtue of pure numbers) but that if you are black you are statistically more likely to be on the dole.

After all, it's not the first time this issue has come up on here.

It's pretty bad the above poster had to call you out . That means you are bad wrong

Who? Don't be trying to hijack this thread.

i try to hijack within the first page. if i don't accomplish the hijacking in that time frame, the fate of the thread is out of my control.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No the conversation was are there more whites than blacks on Welfare, but please do carry on.... You might find a unicorn

It's pretty bad the above poster had to call you out . That means you are bad wrong

I am not wrong. Happily, your word on the matter doesn't strike me as convincing.

i try to hijack within the first page. if i don't accomplish the hijacking in that time frame, the fate of the thread is out of my control.

:rofl: :rofl:

I love it

Don't you just love i when our Mods step in because every thread has gone off topic or because it contains baiting post. As if every thread here after the first 3 posts are not filled with such things.

I am not wrong. Happily, your word on the matter doesn't strike me as convincing.

I was not talking about you. Please try to keep up. It just slows the rest of the class down, when you lag behind and keep raising your hand asking questions .

obama-with-dunkin-donuts.jpg

Update

WASHINGTON -- Gene Alday, a Republican member of the Mississippi state legislature, apologized last week for telling a reporter that all the African-Americans in his hometown of Walls, Mississippi, are unemployed and on food stamps.

"I come from a town where all the blacks are getting food stamps and what I call 'welfare crazy checks,'" Alday said to a reporter for The Clarion-Ledger, a Mississippi newspaper, earlier this month. "They don't work."

Nationally, most of the people who receive benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program are white. According to 2013 data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which administers the program, 40.2 percent of SNAP recipients are white, 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American.

SNAPCharts1_1.png

In the two congressional districts that overlap Alday's state legislature district, more African-Americans than whites receive food stamps, according to USDA data.

Twenty-three million households and 47 million Americans received benefits on an average month in 2013; enrollment declined slightly to 22 million households and 46 million individuals in 2014. Three-quarters of those households included a child, an elderly person or someone with a disability. The average monthly benefit per household was $274 in 2013 and $256 last year.

pin_icon_onhover.pngSNAPCharts2.png

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/28/food-stamp-demographics_n_6771938.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

click the link for more reading