lorenaa3

Rates of approval for K-1 visa interviews?

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Our interview is on february 12th. If all documents are correct, relationship is real, there is no reason for denying him, right? We haven't had any rfe, problems, or anything. Does that give us any hope that he will be approved? His medical however was scheduled only three days before the interview. Please guys I am really scared at this point. We have been together for more than 3 years, this process is taking almost a year of papers and documents. What are the rates of approval for K-1 visa interviews?

Our interview is on february 12th. If all documents are correct, relationship is real, there is no reason for denying him, right? We haven't had any rfe, problems, or anything. Does that give us any hope that he will be approved? His medical however was scheduled only three days before the interview. Please guys I am really scared at this point. We have been together for more than 3 years, this process is taking almost a year of papers and documents. What are the rates of approval for K-1 visa interviews?

No offence but why does it matter?

Every case is different, you never know why you could be denied.

If you have a genuine relationship, nothing to hide, and you've been honest with every step.

You shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Just because someone else was approved or denied does not mean you will or won't be too.

Like I said, every case is different.

Just relax, being super nervous for he interview won't help you.

You know you're genuine so don't worry.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Timeline

You are right, it is just finally the end of a long journey and nerves get to you. Our relationship is genuine we love each other, I have sent the embassy about 400 pictures more or less, like 200 skype pages of logs, and all the stamps of all countries we have visited together. Hopefully everything goes well :)

No offence but why does it matter?
Every case is different, you never know why you could be denied.
If you have a genuine relationship, nothing to hide, and you've been honest with every step.
You shouldn't have anything to worry about.
Just because someone else was approved or denied does not mean you will or won't be too.
Like I said, every case is different.
Just relax, being super nervous for he interview won't help you.
You know you're genuine so don't worry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I don't think there are hard statistics on k-1 interview approvals. It is natural to be a bit nervous before the interview, but try to relax and take the pressure off. If you're a real couple, really know each other and the details of your lives, have good evidence then you will be fine. My then-fiance was very nervous before the interview but everything went fine, the consular officer was really nice and he was approved. He was asked some very detailed questions that if we weren't a real couple he wouldn't know that answer to, but he answered correctly and was approved. Good luck with everything :D

K-1

January 27, 2014 - Submitted I-129F

January 31, 2014 - NOA1

August 3, 2014- E service request submitted

August 15, 2014- E service request received back saying our case is in a processing hold due to "pending security checks"

September 3, 2014 - NOA2

September 5, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

September 8, 2014 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

September 17, 2014- Case # assigned by NVC

September 19, 2014- Case shipped to Consulate from NVC

October 1, 2014 - Case status "Ready"

October 3, 2014 - Packet 3 received- K1 Instructions

October 15, 2014 - Packet 4 received- Appointment letter

November 4, 2014 - Interview- APPROVED!!!

November 13, 2014 - Visa in hand

November 25, 2014- POE in Washington, DC

December 18, 2014- Marriage at Courthouse

AOS

January 8, 2015- AOS NOA1

January 28, 2015- Biometrics appointment

March 4, 2015- EAD card in production

March 16, 2015- EAD card in hand

May 2015- Notice of Interview Waiver and case processing delay

September 10, 2015- RFE- lost packet given at POE! Have to redo the medical :/

October 28, 2015- Approval of AOS and card in production- online case status updated

November 2, 2015- Green card in hand!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

If you are legit, odds are VERY high for approval. However, this is not the end, it is only the beginning. Get ready to spend a fortune on the AOS process.

Timeline

is it that expensive?

If you are legit, odds are VERY high for approval. However, this is not the end, it is only the beginning. Get ready to spend a fortune on the AOS process.

Thank you :) I hope everything goes well..

I don't think there are hard statistics on k-1 interview approvals. It is natural to be a bit nervous before the interview, but try to relax and take the pressure off. If you're a real couple, really know each other and the details of your lives, have good evidence then you will be fine. My then-fiance was very nervous before the interview but everything went fine, the consular officer was really nice and he was approved. He was asked some very detailed questions that if we weren't a real couple he wouldn't know that answer to, but he answered correctly and was approved. Good luck with everything :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

How much is this fortune?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I think that's what adds up through the years not immediately after..

Sorry to break the bad news. The filing fee for AOS is $1070. ;):(

Edit: technically, it's 985, but you also pay 85 for biometrics.

Edited by BertCO

Timeline

Is there any fees after that?? or just the $1070 for the beneficiary??

Sorry to break the bad news. The filing fee for AOS is $1070. ;):(

Edit: technically, it's 985, but you also pay 85 for biometrics.

Timeline

Is there any fees after that?? or just the $1070 for the beneficiary??

The $1070 is for the beneficiary green card.

After 2 years, you have to file for Removal of Conditions, which is $505 + $85 for biometrics.

And if the beneficiary choses to become a citizen, it's $595 + $85 biometrics.

So yeah... plenty of fees down the road :(

Timeline

I am just nervous about the interview at this point. I don't mind the fees at all. I just want him to be here already. Longest week ever. Next thursday its his interview. I have travelled back and forth for the past three years. I have lived with him in Albania for a year. We fulfill all the requirements so we'll just have to wait and see :(

The $1070 is for the beneficiary green card.

After 2 years, you have to file for Removal of Conditions, which is $505 + $85 for biometrics.

And if the beneficiary choses to become a citizen, it's $595 + $85 biometrics.

So yeah... plenty of fees down the road :(

Edited by lorenaa3

Timeline

I am just nervous about the interview at this point. I don't mind the fees at all. I just him to be here already. Longest week ever. Next thursday its his interview. I have travelled back and forth for the past three years. I have lived with him in Albania for a year. We fulfill all the requirements so we'll just have to wait and see :(

It sounds like you have plenty of proof so I'm sure you'll be fine. Hang in there and good luck! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.