Goodness

TSC JULY 2014 FILERS - NOA2 APPROVALS

1,002 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ok so I just called now .. to be told that they haven't received our case yet.

After having been told yesterday around 5pm that yes it had been received and was in their system and to call back today for our Case #... The person I spoke to just now said no. I am wrong.. it is not in their system and expect it to take 30 -35 days to reach them.. Angry ?? Yes !!!

It makes sense that they would not have it yet if it was just sent from USCIS yesterday. Not possible for them to receive on the same day it was shipped since NVC is in NH. I'd track from yesterday and start calling in about a week - that used to be the typical time for NVC to receive it at get it in their system but it is more like two weeks now.

That's what I was told yesterday as well. Our case was sent from USCIS Feb 25. Lorvin told me that the 35 days is just standard phrasing though, so I'd call them again 1-2 weeks after it was sent from USCIS. I'm calling them again Thursday or Friday, and will keep you all posted on what they tell me then. :)

Any day now for you guys - GOOD LUCK!

I-751

NOA8/11/17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks! Did you ever get the police certificate thing figured out?

Yes, it is as simple as to print the screenShot of the Police Website... i though it could be more formal but other ppl told me the consulate is acepting the screenshot.

Thanks for asking! hope everything goes well.

_____________________________________________________________________________________// 8011269.gif
I-129 Sent - July 23, 2014
NOA-1 - July 28, 2014
NOA-2 - February 3, 2015
NVC Received: --
February 17, 2015
Consulate Received: -- March 02, 2015 (Probably before but we never knew about it lol)
Packet 3&4 Received: -- March 02, 2015
Interview Date: -- March 24, 2015
Interview Results: --
POE: --

s-event.png---------> Go Pirates!z9EfMv2.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

That's what I was told yesterday as well. Our case was sent from USCIS Feb 25. Lorvin told me that the 35 days is just standard phrasing though, so I'd call them again 1-2 weeks after it was sent from USCIS. I'm calling them again Thursday or Friday, and will keep you all posted on what they tell me then. :)

So today is 2 weeks from Feb 25 ... the person I spoke to yesterday sounded more experienced and helpful when she said it was there and they had received it.. I asked her 2 or 3 times that it was definite and she said it was. When I asked for the Case number she said to call back today.. I guess its early so maybe later or in the next day or so. The blunt way in which the person spoke earlier today was what threw me. Thank you all .. I'm feeling better.. :)

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

It makes sense that they would not have it yet if it was just sent from USCIS yesterday. Not possible for them to receive on the same day it was shipped since NVC is in NH. I'd track from yesterday and start calling in about a week - that used to be the typical time for NVC to receive it at get it in their system but it is more like two weeks now.

It was NVC that told me yesterday that they had received it and to call back today to get the Case #.

Edited by Andie

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

So today is 2 weeks from Feb 25 ... the person I spoke to yesterday sounded more experienced and helpful when she said it was there and they had received it.. I asked her 2 or 3 times that it was definite and she said it was. When I asked for the Case number she said to call back today.. I guess its early so maybe later or in the next day or so. The blunt way in which the person spoke earlier today was what threw me. Thank you all .. I'm feeling better.. :)

You count the 2 weeks from when USCIS says it was shipped to NVC (didn't you say that date is March 9?) not from NOA2. That's what I was basing my thinking on - NVC couldn't have it on the same day it was shipped.

I-751

NOA8/11/17

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Thank you guys for all the help!

And now I am confused... I emailed the embassy to check if I could do my medical now. They said to wait until I got medical and interview instructions from NVC. I thought the embassy would give me those instructions not the NVC...

I'm currently in the US until March 23rd but since we know our papers will be stuck at NVC for a while we figured we can extend my stay until around April 25. But I am worried NVC will start kicking into high gear again now that spring since to arrive and suddenly I'll be here in the states with instructions to do a medical and a date for our interview... But I should be fine to stay until april 25 right? There's no chance I can get a visa interview before that? I mean even getting a case number from NVC takes 2 weeks from USCIS shipping them to NVC right? and they haven't even done that yet... Yes, I am an expert on worrying...

Edited by Maria&Seve

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

And now I am confused... I emailed the embassy to check if I could do my medical now. They said to wait until I got medical and interview instructions from NVC. I thought the embassy would give me those instructions not the NVC...

I'm currently in the US until March 23rd but since we know our papers will be stuck at NVC for a while we figured we can extend my stay until around April 25. But I am worried NVC will start kicking into high gear again now that spring since to arrive and suddenly I'll be here in the states with instructions to do a medical and a date for our interview... But I should be fine to stay until april 25 right? There's no chance I can get a visa interview before that?

I am same situation like u ( about the medical exam). Nvc just told me that the embassy knows what to do and so contact them. The embassy is saying I should wait for Nvc letter...... And can't do medical till I get the letter. But non of them say who gets the letter me/fiancée.

Timeline

I am same situation like u ( about the medical exam). Nvc just told me that the embassy knows what to do and so contact them. The embassy is saying I should wait for Nvc letter...... And can't do medical till I get the letter. But non of them say who gets the letter me/fiancée.

It's very frustrating when they don't seem to know and they are supposed to work with this all day...

It's very frustrating when they don't seem to know and they are supposed to work with this all day...

They're a bit...varied...in their answers, it seems. I asked them (Stockholm embassy IV unit) the same thing about when I can do my medical, and here's what they told me: "You have to wait until we get the petition and reach out to you with instructions". So from this answer it seems it's the embassy that tells you...

Timeline

They're a bit...varied...in their answers, it seems. I asked them (Stockholm embassy IV unit) the same thing about when I can do my medical, and here's what they told me: "You have to wait until we get the petition and reach out to you with instructions". So from this answer it seems it's the embassy that tells you...

And that is the info all the visa websites says to: that package 3 & 4 will come from the embassy and the embassy will give you info about the medical and the interview. That's why I got so confused when they told me to wait for the NVC letter. The quality of costumer service at the US embassy has really dropped since they changed the way you contact them. Before I think it went straight to the embassy, now it seems to go to some third party thing that has no idea what they are talking about.

Thank you renatesol, at least now I feel more confident in my decision to extend my stay as it seems to be taking NVC a few weeks to send it of to the embassy :)

Edited by Maria&Seve

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm currently in the US until March 23rd but since we know our papers will be stuck at NVC for a while we figured we can extend my stay until around April 25. But I am worried NVC will start kicking into high gear again now that spring since to arrive and suddenly I'll be here in the states with instructions to do a medical and a date for our interview... But I should be fine to stay until april 25 right? There's no chance I can get a visa interview before that? I mean even getting a case number from NVC takes 2 weeks from USCIS shipping them to NVC right? and they haven't even done that yet... Yes, I am an expert on worrying...

Hi Maria and Seve! (btw congrats for your NOA2), so they are right... you are not allow ideally to do your medical appointment until you get the Case Number from the NVC, AND until the Embassy gets your case from the NVC.... So making the story short! i just recomend you to check your Embassy/Consulate common instructions that you can find at the Portal Section in Visa Journey... For example, for Colombia we don't specifically need the instructions from the Embassy to get the medical, but is a MUST TO provide to the doctor the NVC Case Number to schedule any medical appointment and Labs.

Talking about your trip i think it is just like gambling! once again, for example in my case for us we took 2 weeks to get our NVC Number Case (NOA2 Feb3 - NVC # Feb 17), and another 2 weeks later we got our case in Bogota's US Embassy with the instructions (March 2nd)... so basically around one month since NOA2 to get the case in our hands and work with it. Not telling you this will be your case also! But you can get it "fast" like my case did, or not so fast as many cases here are going through.

I think at this point you need to realize it will be soon in your hands, and you need to relax, take your time and do the thing right! you waited the longer, then wait the shorter and enjoy your visit to US... you'll be together soon.

Regards.

Edited by James&Jhon

_____________________________________________________________________________________// 8011269.gif
I-129 Sent - July 23, 2014
NOA-1 - July 28, 2014
NOA-2 - February 3, 2015
NVC Received: --
February 17, 2015
Consulate Received: -- March 02, 2015 (Probably before but we never knew about it lol)
Packet 3&4 Received: -- March 02, 2015
Interview Date: -- March 24, 2015
Interview Results: --
POE: --

s-event.png---------> Go Pirates!z9EfMv2.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I totally agree with James&Jhon said it may be because of the case number, by the way NVC letter doesn't come with specific instructions and sometimes can take few days to arrive, mine took 16 days after nvc shipped our case to consulate.

Can you email some doctor in Sweden and ask what you need for scheduling an appointment? It can be very helpful.

As you know everything on this process is unpredictable it could take longer or just go very quickly. But looking the whole picture, right now seems totally fine be there until April 25. If you really want to stay you should just think on a plan B in case your K1 goes fast. Everything is possible right now!

Good luck! :)

K1

June 27, 2014: I-129F packet sent

July 03, 2014: NOA1

January 09, 2015: NOA2 (190 days)

January 14: Sent to NVC

January 16: NOA2 hard copy

April, 6: Medical

April, 7: Interview/Approved

April 29: Visa received (FINALLY)

May 25: POE - Fort Lauderdale, FL

__

AOS

August 05, 2015: AOS sent

August 12: NOA1 (e-mail)

September 04: Biometrics

October 20: EAD/AP Approved (no text&email)

October 22: EAD/AP mailed

October 26: EAD/AP delivered

November 27: GC Approved/produced
December 02: GC mailed

December 05: GC Delivered

Timeline

I totally agree with James&Jhon said it may be because of the case number, by the way NVC letter doesn't come with specific instructions and sometimes can take few days to arrive, mine took 16 days after nvc shipped our case to consulate.

Can you email some doctor in Sweden and ask what you need for scheduling an appointment? It can be very helpful.

As you know everything on this process is unpredictable it could take longer or just go very quickly. But looking the whole picture, right now seems totally fine be there until April 25. If you really want to stay you should just think on a plan B in case your K1 goes fast. Everything is possible right now!

Good luck! :)

That's also the thing that confuses me because the clinic only says that if I have a case number I need to bring it. It doesn't say I have to have one :P But at this point, I can totally live with waiting. The worst part is over and now I can spend some more time with Seve. I doubt I'll have received an interview date while I'm I'm here so I can enjoy my time here. Go home and deal with medical and interview. Apart from affidavit of support Seve needs to fix and the online form thing I am all done.

Thank you all! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

That's also the thing that confuses me because the clinic only says that if I have a case number I need to bring it. It doesn't say I have to have one :P But at this point, I can totally live with waiting. The worst part is over and now I can spend some more time with Seve. I doubt I'll have received an interview date while I'm I'm here so I can enjoy my time here. Go home and deal with medical and interview. Apart from affidavit of support Seve needs to fix and the online form thing I am all done.

Thank you all! :D

Yeah, that's confusing!lol.

This way is a lot easier to wait! like a LOT! hahah

so, on your case is better wait for an interview date before scheduling your medical, right?

K1

June 27, 2014: I-129F packet sent

July 03, 2014: NOA1

January 09, 2015: NOA2 (190 days)

January 14: Sent to NVC

January 16: NOA2 hard copy

April, 6: Medical

April, 7: Interview/Approved

April 29: Visa received (FINALLY)

May 25: POE - Fort Lauderdale, FL

__

AOS

August 05, 2015: AOS sent

August 12: NOA1 (e-mail)

September 04: Biometrics

October 20: EAD/AP Approved (no text&email)

October 22: EAD/AP mailed

October 26: EAD/AP delivered

November 27: GC Approved/produced
December 02: GC mailed

December 05: GC Delivered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.