citizenship1

What to do when Nothing happens after interview & with recommended approval

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

It has been 41 days exactly already not counting today since the applicant passed the interview with recommended approval in Chicago office. The online status is outdated and the customer care agents just tells to wait! Hasn't received any email yet other than the one in early august that says the application received!

We have international trip in March and we have been unable to plan accordingly because the applicant doesn't have any passport or travel documents yet.

This is a headache for us!

Should the applicant ask for US senator's office help in this matter?

Any advise?

Thanks

Edited by citizenship1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I believe you will have to wait 120 days before they will do anything... Fingers crossed you will get the oath letter soon. She / He can still travel with her Green Card and Passport from her original country. Hope this helps!

It has been 41 days exactly already not counting today since the applicant passed the interview with recommended approval in Chicago office. The online status is outdated and the customer care agents just tells to wait! Hasn't received any email yet other than the one in early august that says the application received!

We have international trip in March and we have been unable to plan accordingly because the applicant doesn't have any passport or travel documents yet.

This is a headache for us!

Should the applicant ask for US senator's office help in this matter?

Any advise?

Thanks

N-400

10/08/2014 N400 sent

10/16/14 Check Cashed

11/13/14 Biometrics

01/06/15 N400 Interview

01/30/15 Oath Ceremony

There is no set amount of time from approval to oath taking. Several factors will determine how long it will take, including how many oath-taking ceremonies are scheduled each month, when they are scheduled, capacity of the venue, and how many other approvals are ahead of you waiting for their oath taking.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

I understand the max time line of 120 or 45 days or whatever they have to say but it normally doesn't take more than few weeks for most applicants to get oath letter or the status changed toplaced in line for oath after interview. So I think it is taking bit longer here .

I will do infopass and whatever I have to do to get a decision

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

INFO PASS!! Hmmm.... not the best way but you may tell them about your situation. Saying you are going on a trip and not sure when the Oath ceremony is going to take place. If it is in the middle of your trip?? ask them what is to be done? Hope it helps

JUst to give you better info here

Applicant filed for N-400 3 months before her full 5 year= resident since on GC

Filed on Aug 18, 2014

Applicant has travelled few times in last 5 years totaling about 65 days mostly to Canada.

Interview done on Dec 11th.

Passed with recommended approval.

Any possible reason for the delay in getting oath letter when you look at her detail?

Thanks

Went for infopass yesterday, the lady eating chips at the window said you have to wait 120 days. Checked on her screen and told us it is still pending meaning supervisor hasn't touched the file. we told her based on advice from some attorneys, I think my case has now been 46 days and its taking bit longer and have urgent travel coming up. She took the infopass form we filled out and assured us she will leave it on the desk of the interview officer's supervisor. Told us the interviewing officer is a nice lady. Wish the sueprvisor was nice too!

It has now been 47 days no change what so ever after recommended approval by the interviewing officer

Or the online status still says on NOV 5 we scheduled you for interview".

I wonder if the supervisor was out of the city since mid DEC until end of Jan? Or the file is left somewhere where supervisor could not see? Or the supervisor looked at it and still doing review?

COuld be any thing right?

Edited by citizenship1

Went for infopass yesterday, the lady eating chips at the window said you have to wait 120 days. Checked on her screen and told us it is still pending meaning supervisor hasn't touched the file. we told her based on advice from some attorneys, I think my case has now been 46 days and its taking bit longer and have urgent travel coming up. She took the infopass form we filled out and assured us she will leave it on the desk of the interview officer's supervisor. Told us the interviewing officer is a nice lady. Wish the sueprvisor was nice too!

IT has now been 47 days and stuck stuck at "supervisor review".

Or the online status still says on NOV 5 we scheduled you for interview"

You travel with your passport and come back green card, apply for visa accordingly, no sweat.

Edited by NancyNguyen

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

You travel with your green card, no sweat.

the only place whre you can travel with GC is within USA flight by land or Canada or mexico by land.

GC can not be used to travel internationally else where because it is not a passport or travel document.

you can't travel internationally to asia, europe with GC. you need PP or any valid TD

Edited by citizenship1

:thumbs:

NOT TRUE in my case.

the only place whre you can travel with GC is within USA flight or land & Canada or mexico by land.

GC can not be used to travel internationally else where because it is not a passport or travel document.

you can't travel internationally to asia, europe with GC. you need PP or any valid TD

Edited by citizenship1

the only place whre you can travel with GC is within USA flight by land or Canada or mexico by land.

Apply for visa if you need to.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

You can travel with your Green-card and passport from you original country if you need to travel internationally! And depending on where you are from and where you are going you will also need a visa!

NOT TRUE in my case.

the only place whre you can travel with GC is within USA flight or land & Canada or mexico by land.

N-400

10/08/2014 N400 sent

10/16/14 Check Cashed

11/13/14 Biometrics

01/06/15 N400 Interview

01/30/15 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

NOT TRUE in my case.

Passport and visa to travel.

Pasaport and greencard to get back in.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.