browneyesblue

Expedite request approved but still have to wait

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

I got an expedite approval for medical reasons. I have been on this journey from July 2011.The NVC sent me an e-mail that says the embassy is willing to expedite your case once all the fees are paid and the documents have been received by the NVC.

Can someone please explain to me what that means in the way of expedite? I submitted my DS261, PAID AOS, SUBMITTED AOS & IV DOCUMENTS. I am waiting for the portal to open up to pay the IV fee.

Can anyone tell me what happens once all the paper work is in? How long will i have to wait? Will they review the documents first or send it to the embassy and let them review it? IN short, how short is the process with a expedite approval?

MJ

They will send everything to the embassy as soon as they have it. So once you pay the IV fee and do the ds-260, the NVC will not review anything but send it straight to the embassy who should make you aware of an interview date.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

We just spoke with the NVC this morning. On Friday after waiting , we were able to submit the DS260 form. We got an approval from the embassy to expedite the petition after all fees and documents are submitted. Below was what was said in the email:

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate is willing to expedite this case when we have all the fees, forms, and documents. If you have not already done so, you can pay your fees and submit Form DS-260 at ceac.state.gov. Please send everything else to this address:

National Visa Center

31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 200

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2915

Now they tell us this morning that the documents have to be reviewed before the documents can be forwarded to the embassy. Can someone advise if this is true. what is the purpose of the expedite if we have to wait for the documents to be reviewed????

I am really upset,

Please advise!

I would call them and speak to a supervisor.

If you got an email about the review, it's just a standard email that they send to EVERYONE after they scan in the documents.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I will call and speak with a supervisor. I sent an e-mail to NVCExpedite and they responded that i have to wait for 60 days for the documents to be reviewed.

Timeline

I sent an updated letter from my doctor showing my condition has gotten worse and it needs to be dealt with asap.I copied in the embassy, lets see what happens.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I also got an approved medical expedite. Same letter U got but was told each and every time I called, still had to wait until all documents were reviewed. So I waited just like everyone else without expedite.

We just spoke with the NVC this morning. On Friday after waiting , we were able to submit the DS260 form. We got an approval from the embassy to expedite the petition after all fees and documents are submitted. Below was what was said in the email:

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate is willing to expedite this case when we have all the fees, forms, and documents. If you have not already done so, you can pay your fees and submit Form DS-260 at ceac.state.gov. Please send everything else to this address:

National Visa Center

31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 200

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2915

Now they tell us this morning that the documents have to be reviewed before the documents can be forwarded to the embassy. Can someone advise if this is true. what is the purpose of the expedite if we have to wait for the documents to be reviewed????

I am really upset,

Please advise!

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.