jarj

Certificate of Naturalization

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys,

Please advice me on this one.

I had my Certificate of Naturalization ever since 2010. It came to me through mail from the US Embassy. Due to "wear and tear", my certificate is starting to form like this mold thing so I decided to laminate it. I just recently learned that laminating it would invalidate the certificate. Now I'm bothered because I'm about to file K1 Visa for my fiance and embassy or USCIS might ask for the certificate.

I have my US passport though. It could be proof of my citizenship/naturalization. Will it still be a problem? If yes? How do I apply for a copy of my Certificate, how long would it take and how much would it cost?

Thank you.

:oops::crying::huh2:

Edited by jarj

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

A quick Google search shows that you can probably apply for a replacement certificate using form N-565, which has a filing fee of $345

http://www.uscis.gov/n-565

AOS Timeline

Concurrent Filing: I-130, I-485, and I-765 Filing

Adjusting from F1 based on Marriage to a US Citizen

06/14/2014 (Day 1) AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox (I-130, I-485, and I-765)
06/23/2014 (Day 10) Received notification on text/email that package was received at 1:49 AM.

06/27/2014 (Day 14) Biometrics App letter received

06/30/2014 (Day 17) Successful Biometrics Walk-in at Hialeah Field Office

07/15/2014 (Day 32) Received text and email that case is in Interviewing and Testing stage

08/08/2014 (Day 56) Advance Parole package sent to Chicago Lockbox (I-131)

08/12/2014 (Day 60) Received notification by text/email that I-131 is in "Initial Review" step

08/26/2014 (Day 74) Received notification by text/email that our interview date is October 2, 2014

08/28/2014 (Day 76) Received notification by text/email that "your address was changed relating to the I765". A Google search suggested that this means that my I765 was approved.
08/28/2014 (Day 76) Checked online and saw that my I131 was approved (no notification by text/email)
08/29/2014 (Day 77) Checked online and saw that my I131 was moved to the Car/Document Production step (no notification by text/email)
08/29/2014 (Day 77) Received notification by text/email that my I765 was moved to the Card/Document Production step
09/05/2014 (Day 83) Received notification by text/email that my I765 was mailed

10/02/2014 (Day 110) Interview!!!

10/02/2014 (Day 110) Received notification by text/email that my I130 was approved

10/02/2014 (Day 110) Received notification by text/email that my I485 went back to "Initial Review" step

02/12/2015 (Day 243) Contacted USCIS to inquire about what is the hold up. Agent said that case is still within processing time.

02/13/2015 (Day 244) Received notification by text/email that my I485 was moved to the Card/Document Production step

02/17/2015 (Day 248) Received notification by text/email that they registered my wife's permanent resident status and mailed a Welcome Notice

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.