Kristen & Ben

January 2015 I-130 filers!

1,181 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Does it say anywhere when your ''Scan Date'' is ? I know they got mine because they asked me to unlock one of the docs.

I called NVC on Sept. 1 and they told me they just finished scanning my documents and everything is OK.

They will send receipt email that will mention ur scan date after 2 or 4 days of scanning..... I am expecting to receive the email by today...... good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yap I am also waiting for documents review. ....sept. 1 is my scan date......hope cc in 2 weeks.....I wish...lol

I just got an email from NVC saying my documents were received on August 31. Is that considered my scan date ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I just got an email from NVC saying my documents were received on August 31. Is that considered my scan date ?

yes

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

I sent my package AUG 27. They emailed me on AUG 31 asking me to unlock one of the docs, which I did right away. So far no news.

Timeline

Yes that is ur scan date and I also got an email day before yesterday that says they received my packages on Aug.28. So my scan date is Aug.28...... hope we will get CC mid September. .....good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Guys, please i need some advise in regards to AOS.

My husband might not be fully eligible to sponsor me and we find it hard to get a joint sponsor since most of his friends are med students like him.

So i was wondering since i have some savings/ asset, can i add that up to make up for the requirements. Do i need to cash my savings into his account?

I have like $15000 plus asset. He used everything he had for his school and he is the kind that finds it hard to ask people for help when it comes to things like this, especially when its a long time commitment. I hope you understand my point. I don't want to push him. So my only option is to put in what i have.

And also do you guys know how much is the requirement with one household which is me, and will his lil sisters be calculated as a part of his household?

Please i need your advises.

Thank you.

Hi received a checklist from NVC asking for a Austrian criminal record certificate, which was attached to my email to NVC. and it's not clear to me whether they are oolong for that document maybe they missed it or asking me to supply additional info. I've attached it. I feel like attChing the same info as I did originally and sending it to MVC. I can call them but it's Labourday weekend.

post-200559-0-10426800-1441433584_thumb.jpg

I sent my package AUG 27.

NVC sent me an email on AUG 31 asking me to unlock one of the docs. unlocked doc and sent it back to NVC the same date.

Received a ''checklist'' email on SEP 04 from ASKnvc to provide a Police certificate on a document I had originally attached to my package AUG 27. Responded to the checklist email and sent the doc to NVC

Called NVC today SEP 08. and the lady i spoke to couldn't tell me anything other that that they are waiting on receiving my police certificate. She couldn't tell me if the locked doc was received and reviewed. i really don;t know what's going on anymore.

So far I have not received a confirmation email from NVC that my package was received and scanned. I see other member receiving this within 5 bus days.

Timeline

I sent my package AUG 27.

NVC sent me an email on AUG 31 asking me to unlock one of the docs. unlocked doc and sent it back to NVC the same date.

Received a ''checklist'' email on SEP 04 from ASKnvc to provide a Police certificate on a document I had originally attached to my package AUG 27. Responded to the checklist email and sent the doc to NVC

Called NVC today SEP 08. and the lady i spoke to couldn't tell me anything other that that they are waiting on receiving my police certificate. She couldn't tell me if the locked doc was received and reviewed. i really don;t know what's going on anymore.

So far I have not received a confirmation email from NVC that my package was received and scanned. I see other member receiving this within 5 bus days.

Sorry for the checklist but u have to call to NVC again and u may meet some good person to give u all the information u need and tell u what u should do next.I also submitted my package on Aug.26 and got an email that says they received my package on Aug.28..... no news after that....waiting for CC..... good luck

Sorry for the checklist but u have to call to NVC again and u may meet some good person to give u all the information u need and tell u what u should do next.I also submitted my package on Aug.26 and got an email that says they received my package on Aug.28..... no news after that....waiting for CC..... good luck

This is the e-mail NVC sent me, Is this what it looks like ? it's not a confirmation of receipt of my documents but rather an inquiry.

''Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: xxxx xxxx xxxx

You recently sent us an email with attached files. One or more of those files was either encrypted or password protected. Please resubmit without encryption or password protection so we may complete our review.''

Case Number: xx

Petitioner's Name: xx

Principal Applicant's Name: xx

Preference Category: xx

Your Priority Date: xx

Foreign State Chargeability: xx

Invoice ID Number: xx

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

FCi Federal, Support Contractor

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Unfortunately we're held up due to an issue with my husbands tax paperwork, hopefully we'll be ready to submit the AOS paperwork in the next week and restart the clock. It's been so frustrating, especially as we won't be together for our 1st wedding anniversary. Ah well.

Sorry to hear that. I pray and hope that it gets sorted out and you are together sooner.

I'm currently waiting for NVC too to do something. I have called and talked to NVC twice however they can't really tell me anything that I already don't know.

Unfortunately we're held up due to an issue with my husbands tax paperwork, hopefully we'll be ready to submit the AOS paperwork in the next week and restart the clock. It's been so frustrating, especially as we won't be together for our 1st wedding anniversary. Ah well.

Timeline

Hi guys!

I am totally new here and also, I look forward to hearing from the NVC. My financial cum supporting documents was received by NVC on August 21.

Anyone in my visa category ( CR-1 ) should please, update and share with me any subsequent correspondence to and/or from NVC regarding to CC and Consular Interview Schedule.

Thanks!

Timeline

Hi !

Should anyone with recent CR-1 visa interview at the U.S. Consulate General Office, Lagos. Kindly, share with me the likely questions and possible supporting documentation.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.