Saylin

NVC Filers - January 2015

1,133 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello darlings. Day 50 for me today. Hoping for a response soon.

Quick question. Is it common to get two checklists? We are confident that we sent in (double-checked) exactly what they asked for but I'm still worried.

December 11th checklist scan date here as well and hoping for a soon CC. We have 2 cases pending, for my son and me. I´m really hoping that we don´t get another checklist. Before we got our first checklist, i checked everything multiple times, but they said that my son´s complete AOS form was missing. Not a single page or two, but the whole nine pages! I was really doubting myself but they just simply lost it. So even if you triple check, you don´t really have a hand on it anymore as soon as it´s in theirs :bonk:

So let´s hope for the best for all of us still waiting and to seeing eachother in the March interviews thread. YEAH!!! :energy::yes::thumbs:

Hello darlings. Day 50 for me today. Hoping for a response soon.

Quick question. Is it common to get two checklists? We are confident that we sent in (double-checked) exactly what they asked for but I'm still worried.

December 11th checklist scan date here as well and hoping for a soon CC. We have 2 cases pending, for my son and me. I´m really hoping that we don´t get another checklist. Before we got our first checklist, i checked everything multiple times, but they said that my son´s complete AOS form was missing. Not a single page or two, but the whole nine pages! I was really doubting myself but they just simply lost it. So even if you triple check, you don´t really have a hand on it anymore as soon as it´s in theirs :bonk:

So let´s hope for the best for all of us still waiting and to seeing eachother in the March interviews thread. YEAH!!! :energy::yes::thumbs:

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png
I am the beneficiary.
NVC
06/30/2014 - NVC received case
07/23/2014 - case# assigned
07/30/2014 - received IIN #
07/30/2014 - submitted DS-261 / paid AOS Fee
08/01/2014 - AOS Fee showed "Paid"
09/11/2014 - IV Bill invoiced and paid
09/13/2014 - IV Bill showed "Paid"
09/17/2014 - submitted DS-260
09/29/2014 - mailed off AOS & IV Packet
10/01/2014 - NVC received documents (e-mail 60 days review)
10/02/2014 - Scan date
12/02/2014 - received checklist for AOS
12/11/2014 - new scan date for corrected AOS
02/05/2015 - Case complete as for my case (son´s case still shows paid)
02/06/2015 - 2nd checklist email for both cases (i can take my correction to the interview, for son another 60 days of wait :clock: :cry: )
02/18/2015 - new Scan date
03/26/2015 - Case complete for my son´s case too, yay, the uncertainty is over
04/01/2015 - received Case Complete email for both
05/06/2015 - Medical
05/26/2015 - Interview / APPROVED!!!
05/26/2015 - CEAC already shows "ISSUED" in the afternoon
05/30/2015 - Visa in hands
08/12/2015 - POE Houston, TX

Really depends on you. I would personally wait to submit both at the same time bcos the last scan date which will be that of the IV package will determine when your docs get reviewed and you will potentially get a cc. Also, you'll have less chances of dealing with missing docs or anything like that cos everything would be in one package altogether. But if u feel like entertaining the NVC, you can always send your AOS package 1st and the other later. Goodluck!

Send them together.

Thanks, I'll send them together :goofy: .

@ v4b what carrier you used to send your document in Saudi Arabia, I usually use Saudi post (EMS) ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

In part 8 of I864 (Sponsor's contract) should one type or hand write Sponsor's name? (It say's print name but it is fillable in computer) Sorry if it's stupid to ask but I just want to make sure or maybe am paranoid of overthinking.

Edited by ritbiv

Timeline

While submitting financial evidence for AOS, should IRS transcripts be original or photocopies can also do?

Is it true that we have to necessarily ask IRS to mail/courier us our transcripts? Can't we print them directly from IRS website and send to NVC?

Timeline

While submitting financial evidence for AOS, should IRS transcripts be original or photocopies can also do?

Is it true that we have to necessarily ask IRS to mail/courier us our transcripts? Can't we print them directly from IRS website and send to NVC?

Husband called NVC to clear that. We too were having this confusion. The NVC representative said that photocopies are fine and printed transcripts from IRS website are as acceptable as the mailed version from IRS.

I was going to call NVC today to ask my case, but just received below email.

Is this mean case completed?? Even there's an email I cannot believe this!

My ceac payment staus has not changed to N/A though..

Dear Sir/Madam,

All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable) will be notified.

The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.

The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview.

Sincerely,

Director

National Visa Center

Timeline

I was going to call NVC today to ask my case, but just received below email.

Is this mean case completed?? Even there's an email I cannot believe this!

My ceac payment staus has not changed to N/A though..

Dear Sir/Madam,

All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable) will be notified.

The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.

The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview.

Sincerely,

Director

National Visa Center

Yes it is! Congrats!!! When was your last scan date?

Yes it is! Congrats!!! When was your last scan date?

Thank you!! Finally getting out of NVC! My last scan date was 11/28.

Edited by mrspeanut321

Hiya peeps :)

I've been reading these monthly NVC threads in preparation for when we got to this stage.... and we're en route (I hope)....

We got our Approval for all three cases on 01/23 (yay!!)... and I see from the spreadsheet the average is about 15-20 days to go from the service center to NVC,,,,,

Am I right in thinking the USCIS case check site is updated once it's sent, or an email goes out, or something like that?

We've got all our paperwork ready - just ordered my police clearance, and hubby is set up to download his tax transcripts this weekend.... yeah, I'm a bit of research nut ;) LOL!!

And thank you to all who post questions and comments.... it has really helped those like me who are coming up through the process :)

Best wishes!!

Met in the SCA - DRACO INVICTUS!  08-14-2014 Married in Ann Arbor, MI

Spoiler

USCIS.... DONE  in 150 day from NOA1 to NOA2 (TSC)

NVC... DONE  in 116 days from NOA2 to final CC

Final Steps... DONE in 350 days from NOA1 to POE
POE 08-11-2015 in Detroit, MI 

Removal of Conditions

07-11-2017 NOA1 date (rec'd on 14th)

08-03-2017 Daughter and I completed biometrics; May 2018 - I had to redo my biometrics (reason unknown)

WAC17283xxxxx....and we wait...400 days

07-13-2018 I-551 extension stamp (12 mths) obtained at USCIS office in Detroit

09-20-2018 Transferred to TSC

10-15-2018 Text notification "New Card Being Produced"   YAY!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

We haven't sent either. Hoping to send tomorrow.

hey im sending my packet out today as well ! we just might have the same scan date . lol

USCIS : 7 months
Marriage : March 21, 2014
I-130 Sent : April 18, 2014
I-130 NOA1 : April 22, 2014
I-130 Approved: November 14, 2014 
after two service request

NVC6 months
Received : December 1, 2014
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : January 1, 2015
Pay AOS Bill : January 9, 2015
Submit DS-261 : January 7, 2015
Receive IV Bill : January 15, 2015 
called after AOS showed paid, they released it overnight)
Pay IV Bill : January 23, 2015
Send IV and AOS: January 29, 2015
Scan date: February 3, 2015
Checklist: March 19, 2015
 (only need to send south Africa police report)
Case Complete: June 3, 2015 

EMBASSY: 10 months
Interview appointment letter : December 4, 2015
Interview Date : January 21, 2016 
medical wasn't complete
Second interview date: April 4th 2016
Interview Result :APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 4/13/2016 ( they sent us a email stating our visa was ready for pick up)

USA LIFE
US Entry :4/29/2016 
Social Security : 5/10/2016 (filed from the actual office)
State ID: 5/14/2016
Started working!!: 5/25/2016
Finally paid green card fee: 6/24/2016 ( note said we will receive it within 60 days)
Green card in hand: 7/5/2016 10 year green card we done!! 

1st king born: 6/30/2016

April 2017 update: Marriage still going strong, baby boy getting bigger. Life is good 

Timeline

hey im sending my packet out today as well ! we just might have the same scan date . lol

Best of luck. I have a question regarding I864 part 8 (sponsor's contact). Should the name of the sponsor be hand written or we can just type it in computer. (The part where it says print name).

Timeline

Best of luck. I have a question regarding I864 part 8 (sponsor's contact). Should the name of the sponsor be hand written or we can just type it in computer. (The part where it says print name).

I used the computer for everything except the signature... never thought about that lol.. well for the i130 I also didn't hand write it in I used computer... so I think we should be fine typing it in the computer.

NVC6 months

medical wasn't complete

Visa Received : 4/13/2016 ( they sent us a email stating our visa was ready for pick up)

USA LIFE
Finally paid green card fee: 6/24/2016 ( note said we will receive it within 60 days)

April 2017 update: Marriage still going strong, baby boy getting bigger. Life is good 

Timeline

I used the computer for everything except the signature... never thought about that lol.. well for the i130 I also didn't hand write it in I used computer... so I think we should be fine typing it in the computer.

I need to think less seriously. I am going crazy by over thinking. lol

Timeline

I need to think less seriously. I am going crazy by over thinking. lol

hahahah Im like that to . don't scare me ! I hope its ok to use the computer.. lol

Edited by ItsGonnaBeWorthIt

NVC6 months

medical wasn't complete

USA LIFE

Timeline

hahahah Im like that to . don't scare me ! I hope its ok to use the computer.. lol

Yea we both will be ok. Don't worry. I typed in my g325 form also where it said print name. I forgot that completely. So, we can type name for sure. Thanks for reminding. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.