1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey my VJ members, Question: How long does It take for you to receive your Green Card In hand after getting a Notification from USCIS that the Card has been mailed? Have a great weekend guys!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there! I am just new here and I'm trying to gather some information so I can lessen my anxiety.

I met my husband last April 2015 and dated for 3 weeks. My visit visa was about to expired but he was so in loved with me and asked me to get married.

I got married last May 2015 and things changed after that. I suffered domestic violence, which is most verbal, a lot of threats that he's going to tell the immigration that our marriage is fraud. He tried to rape me. We went to a flight and became physical that's the time I was able to get out of the house. I hired a lawyer because I was so scared. My lawyer advised me to see a therapist. I had my psychological evaluation with her. My lawyer filed my application, VAWA, I- 485 and the EAD last August 21, 2015. I would like to know how long is the processing time for these application. How many days?weeks? months? before I receive my first notice from the Immigration. I appreciate your help guys. Thanks.

Hi guys,

I got an email from my lawyer. My application was received last August 25 and I got my mail today. The fee waiver was approved. My lawyer said that I will get my biometrics appointment in 1 - 2 weeks. I hope my application will be approved. I'm sorry guys for the error on the date. I'll keep you posted.

Timeline

Did you live with him?

What did you send as proof of bonafide marriage ?

You have a difficult case since you met him 3 weeks before getting married, you were officially married with him for only 25 days before you seperated and your husband told USCIS about your marriage being a sham/fraud before you applied for vawa. That raises a big red flag, also the fact that you are from the phillipines, a high fraud country doesn't help either. I am not saying that you won't get approved, I'm just saying that your case is difficult.

If USCIS is content with what you sent them and they decide to give you prima facie, you should get that soon, you should also receive I-797 receipts for all your petitions within 30 days of applying (end of this month). Like I said in my previous message 5 months or less (by the end of January) to get a decision on your I-360 vawa and 90 days (end of November) to get EAD.

I hope you have an excellent lawyer because you will need it!

Hi there,

Yes, I stayed and lived with him for 3 weeks before we got married. We moved to our new apartment after our wedding last May 2, 2015. I married a crazy guy, he had some personal issues to be solved. I sent pictures, fb post screen shots, emails, text messages, marriage certificate, statement from 2 friends, psychological evaluation, passport stamps (well travelled), joint bank account, police report, apartment contract.

My case was reviewed by 2 lawyers. My lawyer made sure that my case is strong. Being from the Philippines will give me red flag? I think not all the time.

I received all my receipts today. My case is now on going. I'll keep you posted. Thanks :)

Timeline

The time the person stays married is not important to USCIS, but the marriage intention is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Dating him 3 weeks and getting married right before expiring your visa might raise some concerns to immigration. You need to convince USCIS that you had a bonafide marriage, because of that describing the COURTSHIPsays 70% about the marriage intentions. I hope you described in DETAILS the courtship, from the time you met him, met his family,his friends etc.The VAWA takes 5/6months to be adjudicated.

Hi there,

Thank you very much for responding to my post. My lawyer asked to make a statement of the entire courtship days until the day we got separated. I emphasized dates and the event. I supported it with some documents like pictures, fb post screen shots, marriage license, statement from our friends, joint bank statement, apartment contract, police report, psychological evaluation.

I received my receipts today containing my case no. I hope ill get my biometrics appointment soon and my application will be approved.

Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

To: Dogertown

Oh really? I didn't know.

I assumed that is still at the NBC because I haven't received any other update after the "Transferred to Another Office" message.

hey dl28 when was your file sent to NBC? and also did you do the erequest I was suggestion you before?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey my VJ members, Question: How long does It take for you to receive your Green Card In hand after getting a Notification from USCIS that the Card has been mailed? Have a great weekend guys!!!!!

Matter of days, keep in mind Monday is a holiday. Congrats to you motherof3, I know you'll be celebrating hard this Labor Day carnival weekend in NYC. Well deserved, Enjoy!!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Congrats to all new approvals and GC approvals too, enjoy!! To those still waiting, your time will come.

gosh I hope you are right, 116 days.... No rfe, no ead... No nothing

*Forever&Always*​​

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

gosh I hope you are right, 116 days.... No rfe, no ead... No nothing

You must have sent them everything they needed, so no worries. This journey is very tiring, try to keep busy, their website hardly updates, even when your case is approved, it takes a while to know. So keep praying... i believe all is well!!

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

You must have sent them everything they needed, so no worries. This journey is very tiring, try to keep busy, their website hardly updates, even when your case is approved, it takes a while to know. So keep praying... i believe all is well!!

I need a job and vehicle! I hope soon!

*Forever&Always*​​

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello great members, please just a quick question. My online case status for my AOS said (your case has transferred and a new uscis jurisdiction ) what does that mean. Thank you as I await for the feedback.

Hello great members, please just a quick question. My online case status for my AOS said (your case has transferred and a new uscis jurisdiction ) what does that mean. Thank you as I await for the feedback.

Hi there KC201307, it means that it has transferred to another office that is processing your application. Mine was transferred to St Louis because they said it would speed up the process time. Once I had my Biometrics appt my file was transferred to my local office.

Hi Motherof3, Have you got your greencard yet? They told me 2 weeks so not expecting to get mine until maybe next week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.