1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Luoboy If you submit now an appeal they probably will treat as a motion to reopen or reconsider, just when your case change to motion to reopen you can submit I-765 to renew your EAD.

VAWA appeal can take one year to be adjudicated, that being said they will not expedite your case.

If you want to file a new VAWA you should cancel your appeal, do not file VAWA with the appeal pending.

How do I cancel the appeal

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hi VJ members, am new to the forum, I have been reading people's reviews and stories am inspired.

Am glad that we can share our experiences and give each other hope.

I am a victim of domestic abuse, was married for a year, my romance never lasted

My husband was so abusive, he used to( I say used to because I filled for divorce)hit me, chock me

Spit on me, make me feel worthless. Anyway to make a story short, I recall one incident when I called the police on him and later drop the charges he promised to change which never happened,he then did it again and I called the police

In which the DA picked up since I was badly wounded and he was given 2 years time in jail.

I started VAWA journey on May 2015,which I filed concurrently with the adjustment of status and work permit. on June 2015 RFE was sent to me for good morals.replied and was received on June 29. got my Biometrics Done on June and July received my work permit. Now am waiting.....???. But anyways what I wanted to share with you is the life that am living now after the abuse. I never knew how bad the abuse was until I got out, my life has been miserable, nightmares, scared, crying all the time most of blaming myself. Been attending therapy but I will tell you he has really mentally abuse me. Am struggling yes... To overcome I wish to forget??? but it's too much...!!! This people(abusers) don't know how much pain they cause in our lives...!! I wish to go back and be the happy me, with no fear, my husband is in jail but guess what can't sleep at night because am scared he would chock me as that is what he used to do, more over when I got to shower would just imagine him heating me and drown me, cant talk my mind to any person because am used to the idea of him hitting my mouth if I talk,can't drive by myself because I feel like he is following me...!! Is this a life to live????? Am trying really hard to get passed this...!!and move on, Been praying, writing journals to cope with the depressions... Am just hoping this all will one day go away!!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Oti therapy is very important, but you should see a doctor to get some medication to overcome depression and anxiety, it will help you a lot.Victims of domestic violence usually are sad, depressed, angry, blame themselves, lost the sparkle, but you have to take day by day, and little by little you will go through the night without fear, through another week, month etc. You are one of the fortunate ones because you did get out ALIVE. Every year just in the USA 3.000 women are murdered by their partners, and you made it! You have a reason to celebrate your life.

You will find your way back to the person you were before the abuse, just do not rush the healing process, be gentle with yourself, and with time you will see merging the pieces of yourself together. You left your abuser and just for that give credit for yourself, you were brave.I advise you to seek out a local support group as well, it will help you tremendously.
Do not blame yourself, abuse is a choice and he chose to abuse you, you did not ask to be abused and remember you acted according with what you believed was right at that moment. You are not to blame for having been abused.The feelings you are experiencing such as fear, anxiety, emotionally numb, easily frightened, most of the victims of DV experience as well. Give yourself some time to grieve.But do not let him win this battle, how? focusing on you and your own happiness rather focusing in what he did against you. Honor the victims of domestic violence that lost their lives fighting abuse, how? speaking OUT against violence domestic, reaching out and helping others to overcome abuse and/or to leave the abuser.Love can mend the deepest unseen wounds. Love can heal, and strengthen, feel loved my sister, we love you! Feel God's presence that stands beside you and you will never feel alone again.Trust God's grace!
Edited by sandranj

Hi Sandra, I have my interview tomorrow. I've just realised that they have given my daughter a different time to me is this normal? She is 19 years old. Will I be able yo HO in the interview with her. You see she overstayed and I am worried they may ask her questions about that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi again. Thank u for answering my questions sandra. Im filling out the forms and will request a local police clearance.

Just want to ask help for couple of things though in i360 form

Travel document number is the visa number or just the passport number?

Current status expires? Is it the i94 expiry or the visa expiry?

Are u filing any other petitions with this one? I tick on yes. But my i485 ead and ap is ongoing its not included in my i360 packet

Is an application for adjustment of status attached to this petition?

Shall i tick no? Bec its not filed together with the i360?

If i nees to tick yes, what important details i need to write in the explanation?

I filed the i485 ead and ap last july.

Im still working on my declaration . I hve a hard time finishing it bec of my 2 babies . But hope ill finish it within the week :)

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hi Sandra! Thank u so much for your support and advice... As I was reading your post addressed to me tears rolled down my cheeks just knowing that somebody out there understands what am going through. I will surely do as you say hopefully by sharing my story to others DV will help someone and I will also see a doctor for help. Thanks Sandra and all VJ members for the love ... ????

Edited by Oti

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Angell66 your daughter will not have an problem because she overstayed . VAWA filers and beneficiary can adjust status rven if they entered without inspection, being out of status will not be a problem.

Inform the officer your daughter was set up interview and the officer may adjudicate both cases together .

Thanks for all your support Sandra and other members glad to say I've been granted my Greencard. Wasn't much of an interview. They saw both me and my daughter together. Lady asked if my address was correct so she could send the Greencard. Then asked if I had Biometrics reciept. She ask for my passport and birth certificates. Ask me the questions about terrioism, prostitution, drug then said Greencard will be in post should get it within 2 weeks.

She said she will update the computer and that was all.

Thank God it's over.

I can now go home.

Timeline submitted i360 in October 2014 had RFE submitted in Feb.

April 2015 VAWA Approved.

May 2015 AOS received

July EAD

Aug 31st AOS approved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for all your support Sandra and other members glad to say I've been granted my Greencard. Wasn't much of an interview. They saw both me and my daughter together. Lady asked if my address was correct so she could send the Greencard. Then asked if I had Biometrics reciept. She ask for my passport and birth certificates. Ask me the questions about terrioism, prostitution, drug then said Greencard will be in post should get it within 2 weeks.

Thank God it's over.

I can now go home.

May 2015 AOS received

July EAD

Aug 31st AOS approved.

C

Thank God it's over.

I can now go home.

May 2015 AOS received

July EAD

Aug 31st AOS approved.

Congrats :) God bless u and ur daughter thank u for sharing ur timeline. Im happy for u

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Thank God it's over.

I can now go home.

May 2015 AOS received

July EAD

Aug 31st AOS approved.

Congrats! So happy for u!

*Forever&Always*​​

Filed: Timeline

Thank God it's over.

I can now go home.

May 2015 AOS received

July EAD

Aug 31st AOS approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.