Dagnon

SSA Does not have her in their system.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

So on the 3rd visit to our local SSA office they finally admitted that the I-551 stamp in her passport was sufficient to apply for a SSN.

However they cannot find her in their system so the SSA manager is sending a request for information to...USCIS? that will take up to 4 weeks to complete, once that has been received back that my wife has the appropriate paperwork the local office will issue her a SSN.

What type of thing would cause her to not show up in the SSA's database? Is there anyone we can call at USCIS or DHS to help expedite this process?

I got that letter too when we went to Phoenix SSA in August,after a month of waiting for nothing (we ticked the box that said to send me my ss card automatically).My case was My first and middle name were all in the first name line as thats how their system is setup so the clerk fixed it and said they will verify with dhs or whoever and that letter was given.On the upper right of the letter is a reference number and a local ssa office phone# that you can call to check the status of the ssn.Mine arrived after 2 weeks I believe.

Filed I-130 DCF: May 27, 2014 Here's what happened (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498046-filed-dcf-today-5-27-2014/ )

I-130 Approved on:June 4,2014

Interview July 18, 2014 (Approved) You can read this ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/506247-interview/ )

Got the Visa Packet!! July 23,2014

POE: SEATTLE July 28,2014

--------------------------------------------

GREEN CARD AND SSC STATUS

August 25,2014 Went to SSA to see what's going on with my SSC- SAVE has my middle name together with my first name.

August 28,2014 ELIS went from ACCEPTED TO OPTIMIZED IN PROCESS (INITIAL REVIEW)

September 2 Called local ssa and was told SSC was mailed/Elis says Green CARD production has begun

September 4,2014-received ssc

September 8,2014- green card mailed/closed on elis

September 9,2014- green card received yahooo!!

---------------------------------------------------------

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Mailed Packet: 4/29/2016

NOA1: 5/2/2016

Bio Appt: 6/1/2016

Approval:2/13/2017

Received 10 year green card:2/17/2017

So on the 3rd visit to our local SSA office they finally admitted that the I-551 stamp in her passport was sufficient to apply for a SSN.

However they cannot find her in their system so the SSA manager is sending a request for information to...USCIS? that will take up to 4 weeks to complete, once that has been received back that my wife has the appropriate paperwork the local office will issue her a SSN.

What type of thing would cause her to not show up in the SSA's database? Is there anyone we can call at USCIS or DHS to help expedite this process?

You can also try going to a CBP deferred inspection station and asking them to look her up in the system to see how her name was entered when they processed the visa upon entry. If they combined her first and middle name or only entered the middle initial or mixed them up that can cause a problem when the SSA employee tries to look up her name. The GC should be the same as name on the visa, but you are relying on the I-551 stamp and the name entered into the system at the POE and that could be totally screwed up.

Good luck,

Dave

It happened to me too and a week later i had my card. Dont worry.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Agree with Dave&Roza, the goons at CBP are responsible for accurately inputting the data into the SAVE database. It is supposedly less error-prone with the advent of the electronic Form I-94. But remember we are dealing with a HUGE Federal bureaucracy here (DHS). A visit to the nearest CBP Deferred Inspection station may yield some results: http://www.uscis.gov/save/benefit-applicants/how-correct-your-records-0 However, I suspect that their isn't a Deferred Inspection station around the corner in Whitefish, Montana......

My wife had a similar issue with SAVE database input under the old paper I-94 system. It took the slugs at CBP six (6) weeks to enter her immigration information into the database so that she could receive a SSN.

Hang tough.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

So....calling up to the CBP north of us, they've been very pleasant and helpful through all this, they inform us that they do NOT do issue the I-94 anymore. Not sure if she's not being entered correctly or....?

SSA has sent off a request to USCIS to check her status and that all her paperwork is in order, could take up to 4 weeks.

Timeline

Based on what I'm reading what my GUESS is that happened is that on our PoE CBP didn't enter her into SAVE correctly, maybe a simple typo or abbreviation they didn't need to use etc.

-Since SSA cannot find her in SAVE they cannot issue her a SSN.

-SSA has submitted a G485 to USCIS to find her and correct her in SAVE and upon completion of that in up to 4 weeks they will be able to issue a SSN to her.

-Since SSA has already sent off the G485 is there any point in my working with the folks at CBP to have them find / correct her in SAVE? Would the SSA not have to just wait for the confirmed G485 anyways?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.