Paul

Anyone had to get a temporary EAD?

16 posts in this topic

My EAD application shows as having been recieved on Dec 12th and is untouched since then (which will be 90 days by now or over the weekend).

Anyway I've made an appointment to get a temporary EAD at my second-nearest local office (since the local one had no appointments free).

Has anyone else done this? And is anyone else still waiting this long for their EAD?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Last yesr i sent my Ead application The date was december 10 th 2004

As i didn t get my ead i went to the office the 10 th march...

Got a walking ead... got 3 weeks after my one year ead

Good luck

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Last yesr i sent my Ead application The date was december 10 th 2004

As i didn t get my ead i went to the office the 10 th march...

Got a walking ead... got 3 weeks after my one year ead

Good luck

Sorry to tell you this.. but if the second nearest local office doesn't have jurisdiction over your place of residence, your visit will be VERY short. Like Sorry we can't help you , you have to go to this office...

Make the Infopass appointmnet over the office that has jurisdiction over your place of residence. Keep on trying... try later in the evening after 6 pm or so, then when times open up..

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
My EAD application shows as having been recieved on Dec 12th and is untouched since then (which will be 90 days by now or over the weekend).

Anyway I've made an appointment to get a temporary EAD at my second-nearest local office (since the local one had no appointments free).

Has anyone else done this? And is anyone else still waiting this long for their EAD?

Hi,

I have been waiting for over 100 days. I have not received any letter of appointment for biometrics. No update since December on my case either. I will see what the local office will say/do.

This is extremely annoying. I might decide going back to my country.

I am now a US citizen.

t1283610_made-in-china-american-flag.jpg

pride_logo_275px.jpg

Filed: Timeline

If it is more than 90 days since you got the NOA for your EAD you can make an infopass appointment at your local office and ask for a interim EAD to cover until you get your 1 year EAD....

You make an infopass appointment at the USCIS website....

Hope this helps

Kezzie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

What do you mean by "the second-nearest local office"? Most likely there is only one "local office" that has jurisdiction over your case.

I wanted to go to another "local office" -- San Francisco -- and I was only able to get an appointment by entering another (not mine) Zip code. Obviously, it was all in vain because SF office told me to go back to San Jose.

It may work differently where you live, but not likely. Just be prepared.

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

What do you mean by "the second-nearest local office"? Most likely there is only one "local office" that has jurisdiction over your case.

I wanted to go to another "local office" -- San Francisco -- and I was only able to get an appointment by entering another (not mine) Zip code. Obviously, it was all in vain because SF office told me to go back to San Jose.

It may work differently where you live, but not likely. Just be prepared.

Well when I entered my zipcode on the Infopass website it brought up all the offices in Florida, having preselected the one nearest me (Orlando) which didn't have any appointments- and hasn't for about a week (I've been checking every day)... so I went back to the list and selected a different office. There wasn't anything to indicate I couldn't choose whichever one I wanted (dependent only on how far I wanted to have to drive).

If anyone knows any different then let me know!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I made an Infopass appointment after waiting 90 days for my EAD to turn up. I was hoping, as others have stated here, that I would walk out with my temp EAD that day. Instead, I had to fill out a form, send it back in and wait for them to make me an appointment to come back! Wasted a couple of weeks. But I did walk out with the temp on that day. My 'proper' EAD appointment came thru in the meantime and I received the year-long EAD within a couple of weeks.

Good Luck.

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

Timeline
Well when I entered my zipcode on the Infopass website it brought up all the offices in Florida, having preselected the one nearest me (Orlando) which didn't have any appointments- and hasn't for about a week (I've been checking every day)... so I went back to the list and selected a different office. There wasn't anything to indicate I couldn't choose whichever one I wanted (dependent only on how far I wanted to have to drive).

If anyone knows any different then let me know!

Hmm, if you did not have to trick the system like I did, then you should be fine. Good luck!

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

---

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

I have been waiting for over 100 days. I have not received any letter of appointment for biometrics. No update since December on my case either. I will see what the local office will say/do.

This is extremely annoying. I might decide going back to my country.

You do know that you are entitled to that EAD after 90 days. Lots of people dont get the Bio letter, and make an info appointment on the 91st day. You should really do this as you are entitled to have that EAD card by now.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Timeline

Let us know how it goes!

11-07-2005 AP approved

---

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
You do know that you are entitled to that EAD after 90 days. Lots of people dont get the Bio letter, and make an info appointment on the 91st day. You should really do this as you are entitled to have that EAD card by now.

I went to local immigration office. They told me that my original I-765 was approved in February. I asked for interim EAD. The officer told me to wait a few weeks before an appointment letter comes in the mail for interim EAD. Is their system based on making people wait as much as possible?

By the way when I check status of my case online I do not see an update since December and the case is still pending.

I am now a US citizen.

t1283610_made-in-china-american-flag.jpg

pride_logo_275px.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.