AntHoney

K1-package will be returned - when to send it again?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

My fiancé (petitioner) called USCIS earlier this week to figure out the status of our K1-package. According to the lady on the phone they tried to clear the check 4 times on the same day which didn't work because of insufficient funds and in those cases they return the package. That was just because of incredibly bad timing and has been been resolved already. Of course we want to send it again asap. My questions are:

Should we send another K1-package right away or should we wait until we get the old one returned to avoid interference?

How long would it even take for them to return our forms? The incredibly smart move of clearing the check 4 times on one day happened two weeks ago and we haven't received anything yet.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You may want to wait until the petition is returned, just to make sure it was and to avoid having two open petitions.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I would also wait. They should return your packet to you without entering it into the system, and the I-129F instructions explain how this happens. But USCIS doesn't always follow policies to the letter (for example, the instructions say they will try the transfer up to two times, and in your case they supposedly tried four times). You should get the packet soon anyways, meaning you wouldn't gain that much time by sending a new packet now.

The incredibly smart move of clearing the check 4 times on one day happened two weeks ago and we haven't received anything yet.

How about a little personal responsibility here? I know people can be in tough situations financially, and I'm not judging you for that, but it wasn't USCIS' fault that there were insufficient funds, and the instructions clearly state they may try the transaction more than once (see above).

Timeline

They better hurry sending it back. With all that waiting we have lost the whole month and there'll probably be some more weeks of just waiting ahead.

How about a little personal responsibility here? I know people can be in tough situations financially, and I'm not judging you for that, but it wasn't USCIS' fault that there were insufficient funds, and the instructions clearly state they may try the transaction more than once (see above).

No one with a sane mind would try to clear a check severa times on a single day. That it basically trying it once. One day later or earlier would have worked. Automated payments can get in your way like that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I feel for you being delayed further. But again, it's nobody's fault but your fiance. The money should have been available at all times, not just certain days.

I know this is frustrating. Just keep your head up. Have your fiance use this as an opportunity to double and triple check the application to make sure everything is correct so you don't have an RFE in the future. Simple mistakes such as this is what causes a long process to be even longer for some people.

Hang in there.

Timeline

This thread is not about who to blame for it. My fiancés canceled Netflix subscription lead to an additional charge a few month later which was unexpected and when the check for our K1-package was to be cleared the account was 10$ short. 10 lousy dollars got in our way and set everything back to 0. Can't wait to file again. I consider it a waste of time not to be with my partner. This we'll use a money order.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.