AA100

Visa Granted to Mother but Father got rejected (merged)

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Heu,

Thanks for your response. My father does not have any bank balance but he does own property. So I suppose the best thing would be for me to send him the invitation and in the application he should mention me as being responsible for all his expenses since his monthly income is very low. I have a good job and I can send all my salary slips etc. What would you suggest?

By the way my father's visa got denied in July this year.

Thanks

Involving yourself is a very bad idea. The whole thing hinges on him not you. He must prove he will return. If they think you are his means of support it may signal he wants to stay to be further supported.

What needs to be done is simple. You say he didn't lie before. He just indicated he was retired but left out the part where he could have helped himself by indicating he ran a business which generated income in his country. Now he must try to offset that first story while convincing the officer he didn't lie at all; just altered the facts.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Just altered the facts?

What does that mean....

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just altered the facts?

What does that mean....

The O P didn't want anyone to believe the father lied. If he didn't lie then maybe its better stated that he misrepresented or altered the facts. It all comes down to the same thing as I am sure you know.

The applicant may or will have to now explain why he said he was retired when he is in fact operating a business & compensated with money which produces an income. In reality this may not even come up if there is another application made.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My advice is to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.. and not being judgemental here, just actually trying to help your dad.

He needs to focus on the ties to his country rather than support from other people. Bank statements, car payments, land, property, etc. Anything that shows that he will only visit and then come back.

One question.. Are you planning to have him immigrate in the future?

Best,

UnaMexicana

Thanks a lot. Any advice you could give on how I should approach the process this time around?

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

Your dad should listed you in the form. I still remember that form, you need to disclose the family members and their immigration status who live in the USA. Your dad can apply again, but it will be hard to get approval. The reason is [ You are a PR and once you become a USC , you can petition your dad and he can get a GC even if he is out of status], this is how COs think . You need to think about a ties that your dad have to over come the CO suspicious

Read the law and you will understand

"(b) Every alien (other than a nonimmigrant described in subparagraph ( L ) or (V) of section 101(a)(15), and other than a nonimmigrant described in any provision of section 101(a)(15)(H)(i) except subclause (b1) of such section) shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application for a visa, and the immigration officers, at the time of application for admission, that he is entitled to a nonimmigrant status under section 101(a)(15). An alien who is an officer or employee of any foreign government or of any international organization entitled to enjoy privileges, exemptions, and immunities under the International Organizations Immunities Act, or an alien who is the attendant, servant, employee, or member of the immediate family of any such alien shall not be entitled to apply for or receive an immigrant visa, or to enter the United States as an immigrant unless he executes a written waiver in the same form and substance as is prescribed by section 247(b)."

Edited by DC85

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Timeline

I would get hold of a copy of his application and see what you are up against.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hey All,

So my parents applied for a US visit visa 6 months back. My father and mother had different interview dates. My cousin sent the invitation along with other documents as a proof that he is financially capable of supporting the whole trip for my parents. My mother did not show any bank statements, property documents or anything else to show ties. I did not send any support documents either and surprisingly my mother was issued with a 5 year multiple visa.

On the other hand my father applied on the same documents that my cousin had sent and he was denied.

My understanding is this that if you can’t show strong ties with the country then there is no chance of getting a visa.

How come my mother was granted the visa (which I am very happy about) and my father was denied?

My mother’s case tells me that I can send the invitation and supporting documents so that my father can re-apply and he doesn’t necessarily have to show strong ties.

Advice from VJ members is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey All,

So my parents applied for a US visit visa 6 months back. My father and mother had different interview dates. My cousin sent the invitation along with other documents as a proof that he is financially capable of supporting the whole trip for my parents. My mother did not show any bank statements, property documents or anything else to show ties. I did not send any support documents either and surprisingly my mother was issued with a 5 year multiple visa.

On the other hand my father applied on the same documents that my cousin had sent and he was denied.

My understanding is this that if you can’t show strong ties with the country then there is no chance of getting a visa.

How come my mother was granted the visa (which I am very happy about) and my father was denied?

My mother’s case tells me that I can send the invitation and supporting documents so that my father can re-apply and he doesn’t necessarily have to show strong ties.

Advice from VJ members is highly appreciated.

Thanks

because the decision to approve or deny is typically made before the interview. Quite often no paperwork is ever shown at all. They normally ask for paperwork when they are looking for a reason to confirm their denial.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Timeline

Seems unusual for additional documentation to be requested. The application is usually enough.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.