Caddy

SLEC wants me to do skin test after I received immigrant visa (SPLIT TOPIC)

20 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. Sorry if this is not the proper venue for my question. If this is not the right place please delete or move my message and I apologize for it.

I already have my US visa at a CR1 status. Have on hand my 'Yellow Packet' too, and even have undergone the Commission for Filipino Overseas- Guidance Counseling Program. So, CFO sticker on my passport and the GCP certificate has now been attain on the same date I've done with the CFO-GCP seminar. Which totally means that my Medical exam from St. Lukes Extension Center are all in place together my the 'yellow packet'. I'm supposed to undergo the interview and medical exam together with my mother-in-law. But, she's been held due to further test like 3 day sputum and culture while I got an all go for my interview which was scheduled last November 24, 2014. Have done all of the necessary requirements and been granted a Visa. Now, since my mother-in-law has to undergo on treatmetn due to a positive bacteria from her culture result. The SLEC(St. Luke's Extension Center)personnel called ask for my presence and given me some question if, (Q1) I live at the same house with my mother-in-law? (Answer) No, I live on our ancetral home which is 12 to 15 kilometers away and I've never been inside of my mother-in-laws house. (Q2)How often do I see my mother-in-law?(Answer) Every 3 months to 6 months gap. Which was due to her Cardio/Diabetic check-up.

Then the SLEC personnel told me to undergo skintest. I have my doubt with it because its a 4 hours or almost 200 kms away. And its now holiday season to go through all of that. but, the personnel told me that my visa won't be compremise with the test they'll give me. I ask will the skin test will be the only one to be done? Surely, the're will be another test like blood test, sputum test and another x-ray at worse added payment. It's now December 2014 and since my mother-in-law will surely be left behind. Me and my wife decided to proceed to the US as early as January so we can return by February or March of 2015 to be with my mother-in-law accompany her go through the treatment, another medical exam and interview.

My QUESTION now, which I'm seeking your expert advice and help. What if I just ignore the SLEC personnel for skin test and we just proceed with our flight schedule on January 4, 2015.

Will I be having a problem with my POE?

Edited by Caddy

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good question. Just don't have a good answer. You have already been approved, visa issued, packed and waiting at the airport ;) ... now they want a skin test. My guess... you won't have an issue clearing POE. But that is just my guess.

Just the same, I am big on the saying.... "you can't fight city hall".

I think SLEC is only concerned about you having contact with someone with active TB, but that is obvious. Will they contact USEM on this? That is the million dollar question.

It may be inconvenient to travel to SLEC, but doing so and getting the skin test removes all worries.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Caddy, on 21 Dec 2014 - 01:54 AM, said:Caddy, on 21 Dec 2014 - 01:54 AM, said:

Hi everyone. Sorry if this is not the proper venue for my question. If this is not the right place please delete or move my message and I apologize for it.

I already have my US visa at a CR1 status. Have on hand my 'Yellow Packet' too, and even have undergone the Commission for Filipino Overseas- Guidance Counseling Program. So, CFO sticker on my passport and the GCP certificate has now been attain on the same date I've done with the CFO-GCP seminar. Which totally means that my Medical exam from St. Lukes Extension Center are all in place together my the 'yellow packet'. I'm supposed to undergo the interview and medical exam together with my mother-in-law. But, she's been held due to further test like 3 day sputum and culture while I got an all go for my interview which was scheduled last November 24, 2014. Have done all of the necessary requirements and been granted a Visa. Now, since my mother-in-law has to undergo on treatmetn due to a positive bacteria from her culture result. The SLEC(St. Luke's Extension Center)personnel called ask for my presence and given me some question if, (Q1) I live at the same house with my mother-in-law? (Answer) No, I live on our ancetral home which is 12 to 15 kilometers away and I've never been inside of my mother-in-laws house. (Q2)How often do I see my mother-in-law?(Answer) Every 3 months to 6 months gap. Which was due to her Cardio/Diabetic check-up.

Then the SLEC personnel told me to undergo skintest. I have my doubt with it because its a 4 hours or almost 200 kms away. And its now holiday season to go through all of that. but, the personnel told me that my visa won't be compremise with the test they'll give me. I ask will the skin test will be the only one to be done? Surely, the're will be another test like blood test, sputum test and another x-ray at worse added payment. It's now December 2014 and since my mother-in-law will surely be left behind. Me and my wife decided to proceed to the US as early as January so we can return by February or March of 2015 to be with my mother-in-law accompany her go through the treatment, another medical exam and interview.

My QUESTION now, which I'm seeking your expert advice and help. What if I just ignore the SLEC personnel for skin test and we just proceed with our flight schedule on January 4, 2015.

Will I be having a problem with my POE?

I think Hank brings up some questions that need visiting by you and your fiancée.

Hank_, on 21 Dec 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:Hank_, on 21 Dec 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

Good question. Just don't have a good answer. You have already been approved, visa issued, packed and waiting at the airport ;) ... now they want a skin test. My guess... you won't have an issue clearing POE. But that is just my guess.

Just the same, I am big on the saying.... "you can't fight city hall".

I think SLEC is only concerned about you having contact with someone with active TB, but that is obvious. Will they contact USEM on this? That is the million dollar question.

It may be inconvenient to travel to SLEC, but doing so and getting the skin test removes all worries.

Hank I think your right. My thought is even if she jumps on a plane and passes the POE.... she still needs to complete her AOS at which time this could show up and deportation proceeding could begin. This could blow up in their face.

I too recommend that the OP should return to SLEC and follow their protocol or face a huge and expensive problem down the road.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If it were me in this unique situation I would return for the skin test. TB kills and SLEC is concerned that you are potentially a contagious carrier of TB. I think it is likely the simple skin test will be negative at SLEC, however you might want to go to a local doctor in your area now and have a skin test, probably cheap way to clear your mind and give you good confidence to complete a SLEC skin test. Even if SLEC does additional testing it is all being done for your safety and the safety of others, no matter what inconvenience you might experience now. You could find yourself delayed months if you have to so sputum testing, then again SLEC might just do a skin test and send you on your way.

Edited by luckytwo15

Thanks so much guys for those advices. I will be getting that skin test. First have to call the airlines for a change in flight schedule. Oh, do anyone also have any slight idea if I get my skin test on a private physician and not the SLEC? Just wondering if this will be possible. Anyways, Happy and blessed Christmas and merry new year everyone.

Thanks and more power VJ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thanks so much guys for those advices. I will be getting that skin test. First have to call the airlines for a change in flight schedule. Oh, do anyone also have any slight idea if I get my skin test on a private physician and not the SLEC? Just wondering if this will be possible. Anyways, Happy and blessed Christmas and merry new year everyone.

Thanks and more power VJ

remember the medical center has been mandated by the embassy to carry out all such medical examination and tests and they communicate. don't underestimate the intelligence of the United States; so please i beg u in the name of God go ahead with the test. it is better to pay for the cost now than for it to affect the rest of your processes! hope this helps .. but the decision is entirely yours to take just remember you are responsible for the consequences of all decisions you take! good luck

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks and more power VJ

Skin test has to be done by SLEC, won't be accepted from other doctors

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

There are no short cuts. Do the exam with SLEC exactly how they want it done. You can't pass "GO" till you stop at SLEC.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Have undergone the skin test last January 5, 2015. Just to know that I can go without it and proceed to our flight last January 4, 2015 with no problem nor issue at all. As per advice and comments of the attending personnel/doctor(I assumed he is). And I quote," Puede naman ng umalis kayo at walang magiging problema sa point of entry, kaysa nagbayad pa kayo ng fee sa change flight schedule nyo. Sigurado, mahal ang binayad niyo sa change flight". Try to translate it in English. "You can also leave and proceed with your flight schedule, there'll be no problems to your point of entry. I'm so sure that change flight schedule is expensive."

SERIOUSLY???? REALLY? Some deportation word, huge expensive problem I'll be facing... Just one thing it is correct right now. Is that it blows right in may face to learn that I can go without the skintest. Expensive it is. US$200 and the time you have to get to SLEC. The disappointment I have, they even lost my SLEC official receipt. Waited until closing time just to know that my O.R. is missing. What an experience.

Still appreciate all your inputs. More power and God bless

Edited by Caddy

• 1 year later...
Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi caddy,

i think that i got similar problem that im facing rite now. i got 3 kids that i filled for seperate petition.. my 2 kids already got their visa and yellow packet with them..but my eldest is udergoing treatment now at slec for tb. And now slec wants them to give their visa and packet to them because they want my two kids to undergo x ray again this coming jan 19. but im planning to buy ticket now and just ignore them since they already got the visa and the yellow packet..i need ur suggestion caddy. thank u!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.