Plarka

Applying for jobs in US while waiting?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Dh's interview is next Monday, I think he should start applying for jobs in the US already. Once he has the IR-1 he can truthfully say he's legal to work in the US, right? So he might as well say that now? Or at the latest, wait till he gets that? He shouldn't have to wait till he gets to the US and has the actual Green Card right? The kids and I are over here in the US waiting for him, so I would like him to get a job asap!

13th August 2014 Sent off I-130 to London (DCF)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Dh's interview is next Monday, I think he should start applying for jobs in the US already. Once he has the IR-1 he can truthfully say he's legal to work in the US, right? So he might as well say that now?

No and no. He becomes a resident / green card holder when he enters US. Then he will be.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Probably a waste of time until he is in country unless ha has highly sought after skills.

Better to research who he is going to contact. The stamp in his passport is what he needs to work.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

mmm I was told you need job offers for the interview to get an immigrant visa. So according to that, he needs to start looking for a job before the interview, doesn't he?

That is for work visa not immmigrant visa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

A lady who worked in the Ciudad Juarez Consulate told us. Maybe because my husband and I are living in Mexico and plan to move together.

There is a lady in this website whose Husband is from Germany. A pretty similar case to ours. She and her husband got job offers from family members in USA. They went to the interview and got the immigrant visa.

This is a very different case. If you are in USA and I believe you were the sponsor I think we could start looking for jobs, check the opportunities, salaries, but start going to interview until he travels to USA.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

He can start looking for jobs at anytime. There is no problem with that. He won't be able to accept and begin employment until he has his visa on hand though. There is no harm in start looking.

Dh's interview is next Monday, I think he should start applying for jobs in the US already. Once he has the IR-1 he can truthfully say he's legal to work in the US, right? So he might as well say that now? Or at the latest, wait till he gets that? He shouldn't have to wait till he gets to the US and has the actual Green Card right? The kids and I are over here in the US waiting for him, so I would like him to get a job asap!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.