jd1982

List of I-140 employers?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am looking into moving to the US on a permanent basis in the future, and I think the i-140 visa is my best bet. I have a degree and I am building my work experience. I have no diseases and no criminal record, etc. But I am 32 and I like to make this ambition happen. I love to own a house there as it's far cheaper and bigger there than it is here.

Just wondering whether there's a list of employers - or any known employers - where I can start applying for jobs? I am looking at unskilled/skilled/professional - I have administration experience in education and the media, just below management level (no management experience though).

Can anyone give me any pointers or places to start looking? I've tried googling and no luck. Thanks

Edited by jd1982

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The big operators are the Indian outsourcing Companies. Any company could sponsor, obviously you are looking for someone who needs your particular skill set and can not find it elsewhere.

Best for them to come to you, networking, LinkedIn etc.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

On most job application online it will say whether they will sponsor immigrants. But sure, certainly call

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

What about emailing employers in the US and asking if they're willing to sponsor me before applying for jobs there?

Fair to ask, just remember that typicall path is temporary work visa then potentially EB based green card. Finding an employer that essentially doesn't know you to petition you for GC and incur all the costs is pretty unlikely - unless you're exceptional talent employers are looking for.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Unfortunately I have no 'exceptional' talent - I've been working in administration in education and now the media for the past few years, and hold a general degree.

But I have no disease and have no criminal record, and I speak English well so surely that should help some?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Unfortunately I have no 'exceptional' talent - I've been working in administration in education and now the media for the past few years, and hold a general degree.

But I have no disease and have no criminal record, and I speak English well so surely that should help some?

Well, think about what makes you a better candidate to "earn" the petition and make employer invest money in you than hundreds of thousands of other people that want to work in US ? Is there a shortage of people with that skill set locally ? These are basic questions you need to ask yourself.

My company brought people in on EB - majority of them were high level executives. So - to be honest - your chances are pretty slim and I would start with work visas rather than go for I-140... Doubt anybody will want to even talk about that kind of sponsorship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Actually you start with a job offer from a Company that is willing to sponsor you.

Getting that is a challenge enough without being picky as to what particular route the Employer will take.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.