YM86

Egypt K1 visa interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was trying to submit this review on my timeline but keeps saying I'm not registered, so if an administrator can tell me what I need to do it would be great help...thanks in advance.

My fiancé had his interview at the US embassy in Egypt on Dec 10, 2014. My review might not be in exact detail since I was not there but I would like to share what I was told.

fiancé arrived to the consulate at 7, was told to join the immigrant visa line, he was the only one on that line. The security guard asked him if he had the Aramex paper (similar to DHL).... He said no and was told to go to a cafe shop where they will have it. He paid $70 pounds for the paper. Once he came back they ask for his DS 160 confirmation. He entered the embassy, went through security. He met a Egyptian lady at the desk, she asked him for the Aramex paper, 134 (affidavit of support) and my 2013 tax return and w2 form. She then asked if I was ever married and if he was ever married. she also asked for the original birth certificate (we had mailed in a copy with translation like packet 3 stated, and when they called us for the interview they never informed my fiancé to bring the original). She gave him a number and paper to read regarding the United States (emergency contact and information on rights he has). He waited quiet a while for the interview, once called up he saw the interviewer (woman) had all the documents I sent for the petition.

She asked him how we met? (They want you to answer this question with great detail) she asked him 3 times to explain.

Other questions were... Has he met my family in Egypt? Did I meet his parents? When did I immigrate from Egypt to the United States? did he buy me an engagement ring? How do we communicate and how many times a day do we talk on the phone and at what times? Where are we going to get married in the US? Is any of his family members coming? Do I speak Arabic? Are we the same religion? Who pays for my flight tickets? Any other pictures to show?

On a side note my fiancé thought that the interviewer had a attitude compared to the other interviewers who were saying congratulations and welcome to America to the people they were interviewing. He would answer the questions and she would say no and then give her opinion on the answer. Before he went into the interview I told him to be himself, that they test your patience and just smile the whole time. From reading past interview experiences I knew it won't be easy.

She then says the visa is approved but he must first send in the original birth certificate, she kept his passport. He said as he looked back while walking away she was starring at him in an unpleasant way lol.

After the interview my fiancé went home got his birth certificate and mailed it to the embassy with the note they gave him to put with off the document. I tracked the package and they received it today. We are still currently in AP, and I know the embassy is closed on Fridays and Saturdays. Hopefully by next week he will receive the visa.

Goodluck to everyone waiting for their interview/date. Once it's over the stress will come off ....until POE ;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you for sharing. Even though we are not going thru the same consulate this still helps to see what may be expected. Best of Luck for a speedy visa issue!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.