Gorkhali

PCC India - Help

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Finally i am back from all the paper work in Nepal. Almost all the documents are ready. Thank you guys for your valuable information and help.

I am yet to get PCC India. I am living in India since long time and i understand i need PCC from India (being the place i am residing) and Nepal (being the citizen of Nepal - I have PCC Nepal)

1. Can anyone guide me through the PCC India? I saw the form which i can fill online and submit. It says "Country for which PCC required" Shall i put India or U.S.A

2. I am not an Indian National (i am a nepali national) so what all documents do we need to get PCC

I would appreciate if someone with prior experience of PCC India would reply me back.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Finally i am back from all the paper work in Nepal. Almost all the documents are ready. Thank you guys for your valuable information and help.

I am yet to get PCC India. I am living in India since long time and i understand i need PCC from India (being the place i am residing) and Nepal (being the citizen of Nepal - I have PCC Nepal)

1. Can anyone guide me through the PCC India? I saw the form which i can fill online and submit. It says "Country for which PCC required" Shall i put India or U.S.A

2. I am not an Indian National (i am a nepali national) so what all documents do we need to get PCC

I would appreciate if someone with prior experience of PCC India would reply me back.

Apply online

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink

Step 1 Register through the Passport Seva Online Portal. (Click on "Register" link under the Apply section on the Home Page).

Step 2 Login to the Passport Seva Online Portal with the Login Id created in Step 1.

Step 3 Click "Apply for Police Clearance Certificate" link.

Step 4 Fill in the required details in the form and submit.

Step 5 Click the "Pay and Schedule Appointment" link on the "View Saved/Submitted Applications" screen to schedule an appointment.

Online Payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments at all Passport Seva Kendras.

Online Payment can be made using any one of the following modes:

• Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard and Visa)
  • Internet Banking (State Bank of India (SBI) and Associate Banks Only)
  • SBI Bank Challan

Step 6 Click the "Print Application Receipt" link to print the application receipt containing Application Reference Number (ARN)/Appointment Number.

Step 7 Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) where appointment has been booked, along with original documents.

Edited by pink_niru

F4 - India - PD - 23rd March 2003

- Received COA 14th May 2015

- Received Visa and reached to US in Feb 2016

Timeline

for your question "I saw the form which i can fill online and submit. It says "Country for which PCC required" Shall i put India or U.S.A"

If you are going to USA ....put "USA"....

IF you are going to UK...put UK

So the place for which you need PCC

Timeline

Hi Pink_niru

Thank you for clarifying the doubt about the country name.

I already read the website and i have also created my account. Question is, i am not Indian citizen therefore what documents should i have to present for PCC.

• I have Nepali Passport
  • I have nepali passport copies certified
  • I have nepali citizenship and its certified copy
  • I have nepali citizenship translated as well as its certified copy
  • I have nepali birth certificate

I do not have rent agreement (as i am living in same house since more than 6 years); getting a rent agreement is not a problem. I can get the same. Do i need rent agreement ??

I do not have Indian bank account. Can i pay the fee in Cash or make cash deposit?

As far as i know the cost for PCC is 700 Rs. Am i correct ?? And for what duration is this PCC valid ??

Looking forward to hear from you.

Timeline

Open below link , the document advisor

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/docAdvisor/pccPassport

Hi Pink_niru

I already read the website and i have also created my account. Question is, i am not Indian citizen therefore what documents should i have to present for PCC.

• I have Nepali Passport

I do not have rent agreement (as i am living in same house since more than 6 years); getting a rent agreement is not a problem. I can get the same. Do i need rent agreement ??

I do not have Indian bank account. Can i pay the fee in Cash or make cash deposit?

As far as i know the cost for PCC is 700 Rs. Am i correct ?? And for what duration is this PCC valid ??

Timeline

Thanks Pink_niru

I need Rent agreement. Not a problem. I will get the same

• I do not have Indian bank account. Can i pay the fee in Cash or make cash deposit?
  • As far as i know the cost for PCC is 700 Rs. Am i correct ?? And for what duration is this PCC valid ??
  • They also have a question called "reference in your village / town / city". Do they mean reference where i am living at present or reference from Nepal?

Timeline

Thanks Pink_niru

I need Rent agreement. Not a problem. I will get the same

• I do not have Indian bank account. Can i pay the fee in Cash or make cash deposit?
  • As far as i know the cost for PCC is 700 Rs. Am i correct ?? And for what duration is this PCC valid ??
  • They also have a question called "reference in your village / town / city". Do they mean reference where i am living at present or reference from Nepal?

Dont know amount but i guess it's 1000

validity is 1 year (Plz confirm at office)

You can submit cash using SBI Bank challan option ...it will give you one challan which u need to print and go to SBI with that & submit amount...

Reference of here at India where you r showing as ur living place

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Pink_niru

• I have Nepali Passport

You need to get PCC from Nepal Passport office ... also you should obtain police clearance from nearest police district

Timeline

Dnp-2014

what do u mean by pcc from nearest district.

I have pcc from nepal. I also asked them if i have to get any more pcc they said no. PCC in nepal is issued from crime investigation department

about pcc india i am working on it. I will apply by jan 1st week coz i dont want to be dragged by the holidays thats upcoming

~~moved to India regional forum so OP can get regional help as they are interviewing in India from IR1/CR1 process and procedures~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Dnp-2014

what do u mean by pcc from nearest district.

I have pcc from nepal. I also asked them if i have to get any more pcc they said no. PCC in nepal is issued from crime investigation department

about pcc india i am working on it. I will apply by jan 1st week coz i dont want to be dragged by the holidays thats upcoming

I meant you should get police clearance certificate from district police officer (since you reside in Delhi)..

Timeline

God this is so confusing. When i read and researched for pcc india, i thought i had to go get from passport office. That is what pink_niru too said.

I have no idea where is this district police office in delhi. Dealing with these local police in delhi is a tough case. They are local goons who wont move a piece of paper without bribe and i hate to bribe people.

I would appericiate if anyone who has recently got the PCC from India (if from delhi, it would be awesome) shine some light on this topic.

Timeline

God this is so confusing. When i read and researched for pcc india, i thought i had to go get from passport office. That is what pink_niru too said.

I have no idea where is this district police office in delhi. Dealing with these local police in delhi is a tough case. They are local goons who wont move a piece of paper without bribe and i hate to bribe people.

I would appericiate if anyone who has recently got the PCC from India (if from delhi, it would be awesome) shine some light on this topic.

You are not a citizen of India.. why you going to Indian Passport office?? .. PCC from Indian Passport office issued only to Indian Passport holders.. you get a letter stating your passport does not have any restrictions... You have to get a PCC from Nepal Passport office.. If you living Delhi for more than a year then you are required to have local police certificate stating that you have no restriction... I am not sure if you need to get it.. since you guys don't need Visa to travel to india or live there.. Check with consulate or any VJ member from Nepal...

Edited by dnp2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.