billy0227

Can you travel domestically within US using a VALID passport alone with NO VISA on it?(merged)

19 posts in this topic

In that situation you would follow this guide: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=i130guide2

Since you're F-1 then you are likely not incurring any overstay, but you are illegally present.

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Here in Yuma AZ, and border citie airport like Nogales, AZ or McAllen, TX... Beside TSA, CBP officers walk around and ask for your immigrant status (visa, green card...) So if you are not traveling border cities, you should be fine. But there is no guarantee at all you would not have any troubles.

Google Jose Antonio Vargas. He was detained in McAllen, TX when flying with Philippines Passport only.

http://time.com/2987520/jose-antonio-vargas-detained-at-mcallen-texas-border-town/

This was my exact thought! I actually met him in McAllen just a few days before he was detained. Thanks for sharing!

Wishing all of your luck on your immigration journeys.

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So is the girl in Boston your wife or your girlfriend, because in any of this thread you mentioned none of that.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/542498-married-for-2-months-wanted-a-divorce-to-remarry/page-6#entry7545705

Edited by Shauneg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I came to US legally as a F-1 student visa holder for 4 years, no criminal records, arrests, or even bad driving records. None of those bad records at all. However, i got some family issues that i ended up getting away from home and living alone making my F-1 visa expired since i'm not going to school, i had my driver's license valid for a year more after i ran away from home, after that i didn't got a chance to renew it as i was scared to do so, plus it may require me to submit proof of evidence that i am studying in order to renew it, which i can't since i stopped going to school.

It has been 2 years now after my driver's license was expired. Meaning to say, i have been living illegally now for 2 years though i have lived legally presence for 5 years in US before that.

i suggest studying the megabus routes, instead.

its fun, to travel, and cheap!

My question now is, i'm living in California and i have a girlfriend that lives in Boston, she visits me from time to time here. We plan to get married soon but its kind of shady to get married when i never met her parents yet since they live in Boston and parents just won't come to visit a fiance LOL, and so, i plan to visit her in Boston. Since there is a new passed law in California called AB60 that will allow illegal immigrants to get a driver's license to drive legally, is it possible to use it as an ID to travel domestically within US? If not, i do have VALID foreign-passport that was reissued last year (2013) but has nothing on it, no visa etc, only my personal information. Will that foreign-passport alone is good to travel?

I do not plan to travel out of the country, i just basically want to visit my girlfriend in Boston from California to meet her and her parents, get bonded until she moves here in California with me and possibly get married. An answer from an experienced person that had the same experience before is greatly appreciated or at least someone who has the knowledge on this kind of matter.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.