itstakingtoolong

I-129F lost in-between transfer from CSC to NVC (3 months and counting)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Well, my I-129F petition for my fiancee was approved by the USCIS California Service Center on 9/18/2014 . It's now 12/8/2014 and the NVC still hasn't received my petition.

Actions taken:

Calls to NVC; They haven't received my petition as of today.

Calls to the USCIS customer service line; They are useless. I've spoken to five different people and have received five different stories. Bottom line, they can't give me any information, and they outright refuse to patch me to a supervisor ("technical difficulties", "they're not here", "they're gone", etc.).

Emails to NVC Research; 3 weeks and no reply.

Emails to the USCIS Ombudsman; 3 weeks and no reply.

Emails to the USCIS Customer Service Center for Follow-up; One reply last week stating that "the file has been requested. Please allow 14 days for this action to occur".

I've submitted a Congressional Inquiry in the hopes that they can track down my missing petition and see that it gets to the NVC. My congressional was submitted Nov 21.

Has any experienced kind of mal-administration before? What are the typical processing times from NOA2 to NVC arrival? Will the NVC allow an extension to my petition expiration date?

I'm out of ideas, and need guidance/hope/support.

Well, my I-129F petition for my fiancee was approved by the USCIS California Service Center on 9/18/2014 . It's now 12/8/2014 and the NVC still hasn't received my petition.

Actions taken:

Calls to NVC; They haven't received my petition as of today.

Calls to the USCIS customer service line; They are useless. I've spoken to five different people and have received five different stories. Bottom line, they can't give me any information, and they outright refuse to patch me to a supervisor ("technical difficulties", "they're not here", "they're gone", etc.).

Emails to NVC Research; 3 weeks and no reply.

Emails to the USCIS Ombudsman; 3 weeks and no reply.

Emails to the USCIS Customer Service Center for Follow-up; One reply last week stating that "the file has been requested. Please allow 14 days for this action to occur".

I've submitted a Congressional Inquiry in the hopes that they can track down my missing petition and see that it gets to the NVC. My congressional was submitted Nov 21.

Has any experienced kind of mal-administration before? What are the typical processing times from NOA2 to NVC arrival? Will the NVC allow an extension to my petition expiration date?

I'm out of ideas, and need guidance/hope/support.

I didn't read where you spoke to a Tier 2 Rep at USCIS.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: Timeline

So far they've refused to patch me through to a Tier 2 Rep. I'm trying again today after work, but the last five times have been denied for various reasons (See above: "Technical difficulties", "They aren't here", "They're gone for the moment", "Try again tomorrow" etc.)

Up till now I've been civil on the phone, but I'm starting to reach my limit with these people... This is nuts!

Edited by itstakingtoolong

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

NOA-2 on Sept. 25. A bunch of us are in this predicament. We've done everything you have and no one can give us an answer. One of the pack got his case number today so I hope there's light at the end of our tunnels, too.

Timeline

Crazy. I'll keep you posted on any developments.

We're all chatting about it here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/516361-post-noa2-nvc-stage/page-45

• 4 years later...
On 12/8/2014 at 9:47 PM, itstakingtoolong said:

Hi,

It's 2019 and I am in a similar situation. No one seems to know. Did you find a solution? 

Timeline

~~Zombie thread locked to further replies. Please start a thread for your question as something that was 5 yrs ago may not apply today.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.