fkie4

I am US resident. wife and 1st id are Hong Kong citizens.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Hi. I am a US resident (holding green card). my wife and my first kid is in Hong Kong. Wife and 1st kid are Hong Kong citizens.
I am planning to have a 2nd kid. this is my plan: my wife comes to US to deliver the baby and the baby becomes a US citizen. My wife will apply tour visa to come to US.
my question is:
after my wife and baby goes back to Hong Kong. I will file the petition I-130 to apply my family to come to US, it will take 3~4 years. my 2nd kid will be a US citizen, but my wife and 1st kid are HK citizens. is there anyway my wife and first kid come to US? we don't want to be separate for 3~4 years.
please don’t suggest me to become US citizen. I left US for over 1 year, and now it takes me 4 or 5 years to become US citizen. I am working in US now, and I go back to HK to visit them several times a year.
Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You might want to research how much having a child in the US costs.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Unless you have really good health insurance coverage and your wife is on the policy you might want to rethink your idea. If she comes here and has a child at the taxpayers expense that can be used against her when applying for an immigrant visa.

No matter where the child is born it will have no affect on the wait time for the Non-USC child and your wife.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Why on earth would you do this? To circumvent costs of bringing another child here? Chances are if she's pregnant and has an LPR husband she likely will be denied a tourist visa especially if she's visable pregnant.

Edited by Transborderwife

I'm with the others. It's likely to be more expensive to apply for the tourist visa + travel to and from the USA + US health costs of having a baby than it is to just complete the visa process. What's your logic for wanting to have one baby as a USC?

She's not likely to get a tourist visa pregnant or not, with a husband in the USA & plans to immigrate later.

But anyway, nothing stops her trying so here's the visitor visa process for HK: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/hk/hk-niv-typeb1b2.asp

Edited by lost_at_sea

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Bringing Family Members of Permanent Residents to America, from Bringing Family of USC - As the OP is a permanent resident.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.