lysander

Consequences of getting my wife pregnant in the Philippines

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm a U.S. citizen who is going to get married to a Philippines citizen in the Philippines, and then we'll go for a CR-1 visa. We were trying to figure out how much extra hassle it will create if I get her pregnant over there and she ends up having my child in the Philippines rather than in the U.S. (which seems like it would be the likely consequence, given how long it takes to get a CR-1 visa). What extra costs, delays, paperwork, etc. would be involved in that scenario? Thanks.

That should not be a problem. Push thru with the paper work. You will have to do the consular report of birth for your child and apply for the passport too..

Just be aware that the visa validity is tied up to the medical exam. 6 months validity.. I think.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That should not be a problem. Push thru with the paper work. You will have to do the consular report of birth for your child and apply for the passport too..

Just be aware that the visa validity is tied up to the medical exam. 6 months validity.. I think.

Aren't there these other fees too:

USCIS Filing Fee: $420

NVC Immigrant Visa Processing Fee: $325

Medical: $200

USCIS Immigrant Fee: $165

Total: $1,015

Aren't there these other fees too:

USCIS Filing Fee: $420

NVC Immigrant Visa Processing Fee: $325

Medical: $200

USCIS Immigrant Fee: $165

Total: $1,015

For the child? Nope. You will pass your citizenship to the child. There will be a fee. Research more on CRBA... But not the same as your wife. Technically. Your child will not be an immigrant since the citizenship will be passed on...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I'm a U.S. citizen who is going to get married to a Philippines citizen in the Philippines, and then we'll go for a CR-1 visa. We were trying to figure out how much extra hassle it will create if I get her pregnant over there and she ends up having my child in the Philippines rather than in the U.S. (which seems like it would be the likely consequence, given how long it takes to get a CR-1 visa). What extra costs, delays, paperwork, etc. would be involved in that scenario? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

Read up on CRBA at the USEM:http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship.html

~Moved from IR1/CR1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry about CRBS at USEM, embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Minimal hassle, you will need to complete CRBA but that is it.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 3 weeks later...

Me and my husband did that :) You just have to schedule an appointment through USEM website thwn just prepare necessary documents and proof of the pregnancy :) we were required to have the DNA test and were give 90days to do it, we had the report on January 28 and my husband did his DNA test last week of March and then we were contacted by SLEC that our daughter was scheduled for her test april 8.. I am not sure how long it took for the result of the test but it was 99.99%match lol and USEM mailed our daughters US passport on May 24, 2014. As for my papers we are currently waiting for our interview and hoping nothing is wrong with it. Started my paper June 2014 and had a checklist so instead of getting an interview schedule information this month we have to wait up to until Feb. 15, 2015 to see if everything is okay :)

Also a very good advice to me was to also get my daugjter a Philippine passport to avoid fees for my daughters stay in the Philippines since if she is not a dual citizen it will appear that she over stayed here in the Philippines.

Praying for you and your wife and your future baby angel :)

Even if child is born in USA, they are dual citizen?

Yes they are. But you need to do a Report of Birth to a Philippine consulate in the USA. The child will then be eligible for a Philippines passport as well as a USA passport.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Yes they are. But you need to do a Report of Birth to a Philippine consulate in the USA. The child will then be eligible for a Philippines passport as well as a USA passport.

Thank you Mr Cary. me love you long time......xoxoxo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.