Krzysiu

Proof of ongoing relationship

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

All this time I have been going to my parent's house to use their long distance to call my fiancee. As I was making copies of the bills I noticed that the bill doesn't actually say their names on it. All it has is their home phone number as the account number. Do you think if I include a page from the phone book with my parents Names and address that should be enough to prove that is their account?

11/17/2006 Mailed I-129f to Vermont Service Center

11/20/2006 US Postal Service Delivery Confirmation

11/21/2006 NOA1 Notice Date

11/25/2006 Received NOA1 in Mail

12/12/2006 NOA2 Email Received

12/15/2006 NVC Sent Petition to Embassy

12/16/2006 Received NOA2 in Mail

12/18/2006 Embassy Receives Petition from NVC

12/20/2006 Received NVC Letter

1/9/2007 Packet 3 Received

1/12/2007 Packet 3 Sent

1/31/2007 Packet 4 Received

2/14/2007 Interview Date

AOS

5/21/2007 Filed for AOS & EAD

5/25/2007 NOA1

6/15/2007 RFE for AOS

6/16/2007 Biometrics for AOS & EAD

6/18/2007 RFE Evidence Sent Out

7/13/2007 Case Transfered to CSC

7/19/2007 Case Received at CSC

8/6/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

8/9/2007 EAD Card Received

8/31/2007 AOS Approved

9/4/2007 Green Card Received

All this time I have been going to my parent's house to use their long distance to call my fiancee. As I was making copies of the bills I noticed that the bill doesn't actually say their names on it. All it has is their home phone number as the account number. Do you think if I include a page from the phone book with my parents Names and address that should be enough to prove that is their account?

Somewhere on the bill it has to have their name & address, how else would the postman know where to deliver the bill/letter? Make a copy of that.

Also, did you use the internet to contact your fiance, like skype? I had 70+ pages of screenshots from all our calls, that was helpful

12140.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Somewhere on the bill it has to have their name & address, how else would the postman know where to deliver the bill/letter? Make a copy of that.

Also, did you use the internet to contact your fiance, like skype? I had 70+ pages of screenshots from all our calls, that was helpful

No internet, she doesn't have a computer. The part with their address is on the slip they send in to pay the bill.

11/17/2006 Mailed I-129f to Vermont Service Center

11/20/2006 US Postal Service Delivery Confirmation

11/21/2006 NOA1 Notice Date

11/25/2006 Received NOA1 in Mail

12/12/2006 NOA2 Email Received

12/15/2006 NVC Sent Petition to Embassy

12/16/2006 Received NOA2 in Mail

12/18/2006 Embassy Receives Petition from NVC

12/20/2006 Received NVC Letter

1/9/2007 Packet 3 Received

1/12/2007 Packet 3 Sent

1/31/2007 Packet 4 Received

2/14/2007 Interview Date

AOS

5/21/2007 Filed for AOS & EAD

5/25/2007 NOA1

6/15/2007 RFE for AOS

6/16/2007 Biometrics for AOS & EAD

6/18/2007 RFE Evidence Sent Out

7/13/2007 Case Transfered to CSC

7/19/2007 Case Received at CSC

8/6/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

8/9/2007 EAD Card Received

8/31/2007 AOS Approved

9/4/2007 Green Card Received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I may be wrong here but here's my logic ........or lack of...........who else would be calling your fiance and why would you have copies of their bill?

I cant see how it would matter who's bill it is.

google.gif

I may be wrong here but here's my logic ........or lack of...........who else would be calling your fiance and why would you have copies of their bill?

I cant see how it would matter who's bill it is.

I think the whole point is to prove as much as you can to the consulate... they want proof & evidence, not explanations. If they would be accepting explanations, lots of people could give excuses for other stuff.

My recomendation is to call the phone company and ask for a statement to be faxed to you or something like that, to have your parents info on it (name & address & tel #). Better safe than sorry :)

12140.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You or your parents can also call them and explain why they need their name on the call log. If that is not possibly they can atleast ask the company to mail them a letter explaining that they are the customers for that phone number. They should not have a problem doing that as your parents are probably long time customers paying them a big fat bill each month for the long distance they use :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.