Cristin

November 2014 Filers - Texas Service Center

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Please keep us updated. Now I'm terrified my fiance won't be here for the birth of our child (due date is 6/27/15). Will he even he able to visit???

11/14/2014: Filed 1-129F

11/17/2014: NOA1 received

11/20/2014: NOA1 text/email

11/24/2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

06/12/2015: NOA2 approved :dancing:

06/19/2015: Hard copy NOA2 received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Please keep us updated. Now I'm terrified my fiance won't be here for the birth of our child (due date is 6/27/15). Will he even he able to visit???

Oh no... I hope you have everything in place by then. Since you're a Virginian like me, try emailing Senator Mark Warner... he's the one who has a specific team dedicated to USCIS issues (http://www.warner.senate.gov/public//index.cfm?p=HelpwithFederalAgencies).

If you want the letter I wrote let me know.

Cristin

Our story!

04/29/14: Met on a Mediterranean Cruise on the MSC Armonia

04/30/14 to 05/08/14: Traveled together on the cruise - Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Croatia
09/06/14 to 09/14/14: Visited Morocco - Casablanca, Marrakech, and Essaouira

02/11/15 to 02/17/15: Planned trip back to Morocco!

Our Immigration Story!

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Consulate: Casablanca, Morocco

10/31/14: I-129F submitted
11/03/14: I-129F received

11/05/14: I-129F NOA1 Notice Date

11/07/14: Alien Registration Number changed
11/13/14: I-129F NOA1 received in mail

45aXm5.png

Timeline

Oh no... I hope you have everything in place by then. Since you're a Virginian like me, try emailing Senator Mark Warner... he's the one who has a specific team dedicated to USCIS issues (http://www.warner.senate.gov/public//index.cfm?p=HelpwithFederalAgencies).

Cristin

Do you mind sending it to me? btw.. are you gonna be gone Feb 15? We are gonna stay in Georgetown on the 14! Just curious if you were gonna be around!

Timeline

Do you mind sending it to me? btw.. are you gonna be gone Feb 15? We are gonna stay in Georgetown on the 14! Just curious if you were gonna be around!

Aw man... I won't be here. I won't be back until the evening of the 17th. I could meet you guys after if you're still in town :)

I'll PM you my version. Obviously you'll need to update the personal stuff

Our story!

04/30/14 to 05/08/14: Traveled together on the cruise - Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Croatia

Our Immigration Story!

45aXm5.png

Timeline

Aw man... I won't be here. I won't be back until the evening of the 17th. I could meet you guys after if you're still in town :)

I'll PM you my version. Obviously you'll need to update the personal stuff

He won't... but im not too far from there.. We should figure something out!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Cristin

So glad I read this thread tonight. I had no idea about this. Thank you so much!!! This will be helpful if we don't hear anything soon :)

Timeline

So glad I read this thread tonight. I had no idea about this. Thank you so much!!! This will be helpful if we don't hear anything soon :)

I hope you hear something soon! You've been waiting forever. Good luck!

Our story!

Our Immigration Story!

45aXm5.png

Timeline

Yes, it does feel like that sometimes :P Thank you!

Anytime :)

Letting everyone know that I received the following:

"Thank you for contacting me about the processing of fiance/e visa applications. I am honored to continue to serve Virginia as your United States Senator. As we work in the Senate to meet the enormous challenges facing this country including the federal deficit, efforts to strengthen our economy, create new jobs, and establish energy independence, your concerns and those of our fellow Virginians are very important to me.

Due to The Privacy Act of 1974, you should first submit a letter to my office. The letter should include your home address, phone number, and email address. The body of the letter should include a description of the problem, all of the action taken to remedy the problem, a description of a favorable outcome for the case, and the role that my office can take to achieve that outcome. Finally, sign and date the letter.

Additionally, send all recent correspondence that you have received from the federal agency involved, and a completed Privacy Release Form, which is enclosed. Mail all of these documents to the address below."

There's hope! Gonna keep doing down this route and hope it'll help.

Our story!

Our Immigration Story!

45aXm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Anytime :)

Letting everyone know that I received the following:

"Thank you for contacting me about the processing of fiance/e visa applications. I am honored to continue to serve Virginia as your United States Senator. As we work in the Senate to meet the enormous challenges facing this country including the federal deficit, efforts to strengthen our economy, create new jobs, and establish energy independence, your concerns and those of our fellow Virginians are very important to me.

Due to The Privacy Act of 1974, you should first submit a letter to my office. The letter should include your home address, phone number, and email address. The body of the letter should include a description of the problem, all of the action taken to remedy the problem, a description of a favorable outcome for the case, and the role that my office can take to achieve that outcome. Finally, sign and date the letter.

Additionally, send all recent correspondence that you have received from the federal agency involved, and a completed Privacy Release Form, which is enclosed. Mail all of these documents to the address below."

There's hope! Gonna keep doing down this route and hope it'll help.

Hmmm.. had your letter not already done what he said?? Tell him they need to transfer cases from TSC to CSC if they are that damn ahead of us that CSC apps from DECEMBER are now being processed. -_- They need to immediately expedite people who have been waiting 5 months or longer, that's totally unacceptable.

My senator had a privacy release form I printed off online and I faxed everything to them... faxing should be enough. Snail mail though :clock:

Excited for you that you got a response though! Even if it seems canned. I haven't heard anything back yet.. but it has only been one day since yesterday was a holiday.

NOA1: November 18, 2014 @ TSC

NOA2: June 24, 2015 218 days

Sent to NVC: July 1, 2015

Embassy Case Number Received: July 10, 2015

Sent to embassy: July 16, 2015

Embassy Received: July 20, 2015

Packet 3 Received/DS 160/Readiness Completed: July 22, 2015

Medical: July 24, 2015

Packet 4 Received: August 11, 2015

Interview: September 4, 2015 Approved

Issued: September 8, 2015

Visa in hand:

POE: September 18, 2015

-----------------------

When filling in your timeline, please understand that all I-129F's are sent to the LOCKBOX in Texas, and then ROUTED (not transferred) to your ASSIGNED service center- the one in Texas "TSC" (not the same as the lockbox!), or the one in California "CSC". If your tracking number starts with WAC, you're at the CSC, you were not transferred! There are no transfers at this time. If your number starts with SRC you're at the TSC and that's where you will serve your entire sentence.USCIS isn't fair.

They don't care about you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Want to complain to someone anyway?

*Email the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV

"The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Odds are, the way things are going now.. no, he will not have completed the visa process by then.

From your timeline:

"Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between May 16, 2015 and June 24, 2015*. "

There is no reason he shouldn't be able to visit here either before you get your NOA2 (or right after..since after NOA2 you still have around 1 month to process at NVC, then another month to transfer to Ireland's embassy.)

As long as he gets a visitor's visa (or a visa waiver... Lewis is from the UK and says is called an Esta. The visa waiver lasts around 2 years so he doesnt have to reapply to come back) and it's approved (unless he already has a waiver) he shouldn't have a problem visiting. He should also be prepared to bring proof with him that he intends and is expected to return home after the visit, and not stay and marry you (which.. I know seems ridiculous since why would you have filed a k-1 and then ruin that by frauding yourself? Alas, the fact that you filed is not proof enough). Proof would be things like a note from his employer.

This thread should be helpful and have more details and experiences/info:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/67796-yes-you-can-visit/

Honestly, I know it's still early for a lot of us taking action and writing letters, but why not do it. What have we got to lose by getting on top of this early? The more of us that write in to all avenues the more likely it is our complaints are heard and taken seriously.

Edited by stef_curls

NOA1: November 18, 2014 @ TSC

NOA2: June 24, 2015 218 days

Sent to NVC: July 1, 2015

Embassy Case Number Received: July 10, 2015

Sent to embassy: July 16, 2015

Embassy Received: July 20, 2015

Packet 3 Received/DS 160/Readiness Completed: July 22, 2015

Medical: July 24, 2015

Packet 4 Received: August 11, 2015

Interview: September 4, 2015 Approved

Issued: September 8, 2015

Visa in hand:

POE: September 18, 2015

-----------------------

When filling in your timeline, please understand that all I-129F's are sent to the LOCKBOX in Texas, and then ROUTED (not transferred) to your ASSIGNED service center- the one in Texas "TSC" (not the same as the lockbox!), or the one in California "CSC". If your tracking number starts with WAC, you're at the CSC, you were not transferred! There are no transfers at this time. If your number starts with SRC you're at the TSC and that's where you will serve your entire sentence.USCIS isn't fair.

They don't care about you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Want to complain to someone anyway?

*Email the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV

"The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems"

Timeline

I won't be on my computer for a while so I can't search the forum, but does anyone know the last time there was a transfer from TSC to CSC? Would like to add as a data point in my letter.

Our story!

Our Immigration Story!

45aXm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

The last transfer was in early August 2014. They transferred a large number, but not all I don't think, of the April and May 2014 petitions. Hope was that that would do some good, but obviously it didn't do as much as hoped since TSC is pushing 7 months now. You can go out to I think aila or whatever it's called (check the immigration timelines or processing times page) to look up the processing date when they did then transfer. If memory serves me, they were processing February at the time they did the transfer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Just re read your comment about not being able to be on a computer for a while so I checked the aila page. As of July 31 TSC was processing feb 2 and as of August 31, TSC was processing March 4. If the transfer was in early August, we can reasonably assume the date would have been somewhere in between but closer to the Feb 2 date.

Timeline

Just re read your comment about not being able to be on a computer for a while so I checked the aila page. As of July 31 TSC was processing feb 2 and as of August 31, TSC was processing March 4. If the transfer was in early August, we can reasonably assume the date would have been somewhere in between but closer to the Feb 2 date.

Thanks, April, for the datapoint!

I just read somewhere that Congressmen don't really have any pull before the standard 5 month window (and granted I'm only at 2 1/2 months), but again... can't hurt for us to get them involved.

Our story!

Our Immigration Story!

45aXm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.