LibCampFireClub

No Indictment for New York Police

460 posts in this topic

Not yet. Because the dude who killed Eric Garner won't be convicted. I'd wager until someone more "desirable" gets killed in a similar fashion, change will take its sweet time.

Name one Black person or list the qualities of the "perfect" Black individual who's murder at the hands of a White cop or man would cause a unification of Black Americans? Remember that Bill Cosby is no longer makes the cut.

Filed: Other Timeline

gives credit to the assertion that black victims of excessive force are put on trial by the public straightaway and more often than not, no other trial takes place.

Oh boowah!

Take an event and make it into a movement. The events of Ferguson and Eric Garner in New York are dissimilar. I know that flies in the face of race-baiters on TV who buy free drinks loaded with talk of police randomly killing blacks in the streets of America. It's good consumption for a lowbrow audience, but, will never pass a common sense smell test.

Oh boowah!

Take an event and make it into a movement. The events of Ferguson and Eric Garner in New York are dissimilar. I know that flies in the face of race-baiters on TV who buy free drinks loaded with talk of police randomly killing blacks in the streets of America. It's good consumption for a lowbrow audience, but, will never pass a common sense smell test.

they are dissimilar. but they are both symptoms of the same underlying problem. it's complicated, not really something television does justice.

they are dissimilar. but they are both symptoms of the same underlying problem. it's complicated, not really something television does justice.

It's not complicated. We have laws that protect American citizens from illegal search and seizure. We have laws of probable cause, miranda rights, resisting arrest, and so on, and so on.

What we do have are far too many stupid Americans who cannot even name the Capital of the United States. But, they can tell you the latest and greatest pop star or hottest diva.

Edited by ExExpat

It's not complicated. We have laws that protect American citizens from illegal search and seizure. We have laws of probable cause, miranda rights, resisting arrest, and so on, and so on.

What we do have are far too many stupid Americans who cannot even name the Capital of the United States. But, they can tell you the latest and greatest pop star or hottest diva.

oooooh now i get it, 'laws that protect american citizens' is just a grouping of vague terms that describe the concept of justice and public safety at very basic levels yet actually has no meaning or basis in reality. gotcha.

Edited by val erie

Name one Black person or list the qualities of the "perfect" Black individual who's murder at the hands of a White cop or man would cause a unification of Black Americans? Remember that Bill Cosby is no longer makes the cut.

I'd go with President Obama. But instead of unification, there would be rage. The past is when folks would march and protest. Today? It would be a horrible scene.

And to be fair, desirable is code word for not black. The black men that are killed in question usually have something in their background that disqualifies them for empathy.

Edited by Marvin and Su

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

oooooh now i get it, 'laws that protect american citizens' is just a grouping of vague terms that describe the concept of justice and public safety at very basic levels yet actually has no meaning or basis in reality. gotcha.

What you are missing is that police have a tough job. If a police officer tells you that you are under arrest, then you need to submit to him or her or face an additional charge of resisting arrest.

Cooperate with the police. If they are using excessive force, which does happen a lot these days, then deal with that after you are released. Learn the laws of America, and what to say to the police and how to say it. Our job as citizens is not to make their job harder, but to do our best to cooperate.

For this case, the cop should have been indicted in my opinion of just looking at the video. I was not invited to the grand jury and neither were you. Let justice play out and have a little faith in American justice. Despite the OstrichShit that is being spewed about law enforcement out of control, we still have the best legal system in the world.

I'd go with President Obama. But instead of unification, there would be rage. The past is when folks would march and protest. Today? It would be a horrible scene.

And to be fair, desirable is code word for not black. The black men that are killed in question usually have something in their background that disqualifies them for empathy.

A United Black community filled with rage is only horrible for the folks who have been disillusioned about the racial tension and issues that still infects America.

Being Black period disqualifies Black men, women and children from just and equal treatment. No matter how Blacks behave, think, how they dress, talk, don't talk, who they associate with or disassociate from, how rich they are, their White spouses and biracial kids nor how much they bleach their skin will get them the same treatment as Whites.

A United Black community filled with rage is only horrible for the folks who have been disillusioned about the racial tension and issues that still infects America.

Being Black period disqualifies Black men, women and children from just and equal treatment. No matter how Blacks behave, think, how they dress, talk, don't talk, who they associate with or disassociate from, how rich they are, their White spouses and biracial kids nor how much they bleach their skin will get them the same treatment as Whites.

Problem is, rage translates into property damage when you have ignorance in the group. This is why Ferguson was allowed to be damn near destroyed. If they would have moved a few areas over to St. Ann, St. Charles or any other place where the population was mostly white, the police and National Guard wouldn't have just sat around. There would be a body count, and no one would care since there was looting going on. This is why LA was ravaged when Rodney King was beaten and the cops were acquitted.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

In this case I am surprised, but only surprised based on the video. Grand Juries are conducted in secret only those who are legal participants are familiar with the evidence presented. So what's changed recently to deepen mistrust in American law enforcement? Two things come to mind: Obama, and Eric Holder.

Several years ago we moved away from lynch mobs and favored due process in a court of law. A controlled environment governed by the most stringent legal standards on planet earth. Yet now, we have instant and round the clock news that has evolved into pot of opinion and divisive insight. This case may be the straw that broke the camel's back. The people of America are now more polarized than ever, with the majority siding with law enforcement, but seeing need for change. I'm not sure what the other side wants, but if there is no movement, there will be a lot more violence.

Maybe you saw it this way because you are on the side of the law that actually works.

Finally found a longer video.

That is one big guy and he wasn't cooperative. It's believable that the cop got him in the choke hold initially just because of the sheer size of the guy. But, he just kept it there, even after the guy was down and under control. Looking at it, I'd have to say that the cop killed that guy. It's tough to see how the grand jury came to this decision.

There goes those magic words when it comes to justifying the killing of a black man. I have seen some big white guys and some big asian guys. None of them deserve to die because genetics made them bigger.

It's not tough to see. Some of us knew he wouldnt be charged. Sorry, the system isn't perfect and people who are poor or black or both are always on the bottom.

CNN that he had been arrested 31 times previously.. He should have known the drill. I blame progressives ... $20/pack Poor folks cannot afford to smoke .

There is still the law. You can't choke someone to death because they have been arrested 31 times for selling cigarets.

There goes those magic words when it comes to justifying the killing of a black man. I have seen some big white guys and some big asian guys. None of them deserve to die because genetics made them bigger.

It's not tough to see. Some of us knew he wouldnt be charged. Sorry, the system isn't perfect and people who are poor or black or both are always on the bottom.

Now I know you're stretching J. :lol:

But Eric Garner was of course "a big guy" since blackness is very intimidating.

Now I know you're stretching J. :lol:

But Eric Garner was of course "a big guy" since blackness is very intimidating.

:lol: Not a stretch. Look at this dude. Big Asian dude.

Xi Shun (China, b. 1951), who measured 2.361 m (7 ft 8.95 in) in height when measured in 2005.