JoelyLeidy

RFE at the service center

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Why exactly would the California Service Center issue an RFE on an I129F for my petition of my fiance? We actually over submitted information and followed the best practices as outlined by an immigration attorney...

This is crazy. Now have to wait to recieve this:( and delay of the case:(

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why exactly would the California Service Center issue an RFE on an I129F for my petition of my fiance? We actually over submitted information and followed the best practices as outlined by an immigration attorney...

Thanks

Those Attorneys are in it for the money as Extra Income for filing simple papers/forms. A RFE is RARE with a 129-F so what a Screw up on your Attorney's behalf. Now you need to do One of 2 things:

Wait for your Attorney to answer the RFE or just Fire the Attorney and go this alone.

There are timelimits to answer REF's.

I, from experience fired my Attorney.

Again, a 129-F is rarely sent. Someone screwed up or you gave the Attorney wrong information on filing out the forms. HINT YOU SUPPLIED THE INFORMATION TO YOUR ATTORNEY for the Forms.

Now, you must take-over.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

You just have to wait for the hardcopy RFE in order to see what is missing or requested. Sometimes it's just because you forgot to sign a form or fill out a particular line.

This is why a Attorney is hired to see No Mistakes. HELLO?

The Hard Copy will go to the money hungry Attorney and not the Petitioner.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

This is why a Attorney is hired to see No Mistakes. HELLO?

The Hard Copy will go to the money hungry Attorney and not the Petitioner.

Chill out. Whoever gets the hardcopy RFE will see what is missing/requested. Although it naturally gets sent to the lawyer in this case, the petitioner should at least get a copy of it from him to see what is going on and who actually screwed up.

Sure, lawyers are hired to fill out forms and avoid mistakes. However, mistakes still happen frequently, especially with the Affidavit of Support forms. A lot of people have problems with their incompetent lawyer, unfortunately... you can read a ton about it in the NVC Filers thread.

Timeline

Chill out. Whoever gets the hardcopy RFE will see what is missing/requested. Although it naturally gets sent to the lawyer in this case, the petitioner should at least get a copy of it from him to see what is going on and who actually screwed up.

Sure, lawyers are hired to fill out forms and avoid mistakes. However, mistakes still happen frequently, especially with the Affidavit of Support forms. A lot of people have problems with their incompetent lawyer, unfortunately... you can read a ton about it in the NVC Filers thread.

In our Case we had a Lawyer. We had the NOA1 and awaiting the NOA2. Waited 6 months. OUT OF THE BLUE my Attorney calls me and asks for Immediate response for questions. I asked: Is this for a RFE? She said yes. I gave the information hand deliver to meet the Time Response required within days. Then, I asked: How long was this sitting on your desk before you decided to contact me... FIRED.

Edited by Tim/Mav

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Thanks

could be anything. just be happy you got an RFE after such a short time. they send us an RFE after 6 months ! and that after we had to send the I-129f a second time ( and pay for it, of course ) since the first I-129f was denied....and why ? because they claim to have send us a RFE with the first petition....only that we NEVER received it and therefore never knew we had to reply to. could be always worse ;-)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Why exactly would the California Service Center issue an RFE on an I129F for my petition of my fiance?

You forgot something, didn't fill out a form correctly or they may have lost something.

We actually over submitted information and followed the best practices as outlined by an immigration attorney...

What about the VJ Guides? Do you have a complete copy of your submittal? You could look over that and check against the Guides and Example Forms and find if you did make an error.

Yep....happens.

Thanks

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.