Gianluca

bone fides documents on I-130

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I want to start by say thanks to everybody on VJ, everyone is very nice and helpful thank you!!!

I thought bone fides documents were just required on the final interview, but reading the I-130 instructions, it says to include some bona fides documents like jointed bank account property etc etc....for now me and my wife we have been living together for a year and we have a family contract phone that we started about a year an half a go, that is it! should I open a joint bank account to include as a document with the I-130??

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

We are also living together so i have copied our residence card showing same address:)

Joint account is also great, few wedding picture, few picture of u 2 together....something that shows you two together

Edited by Frips

N-400 Timeline
04/02/19 N-400 Submitted online
04/22/19 Biometrics
11/05/19 Interview (Approved)

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

08/11/17 I-751 Packet delivered to USCIS

09/18/17 Biometrics Appointment

08/17/18 2nd extension letter (additional 6 months)

11/02/18 New card is being  produced (Approved)

NVC
11-04-2014 NVC case receive

05-20-2015 Visa received

10-06-2015 Time to kick back and let it fly

Timeline

We are also living together so i have copied our residence card showing same address:)

Joint account is also great, few wedding picture, few picture of u 2 together....something that shows you two together

I see, thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Get as much as you can that shows both of your names on it like utility bills and, of course, the joint bank account would work nicely. As Strawberry said, some family statements would not only prove that your marriage is legit but also would provide them with a little background on you two. It's not as difficult as it sounds and I wish I hadn't been so lazy when I filed our I-130 by leaving out the evidence thinking us being married and living together for 3 years was enough proof. I could've saved us at least 17 days from that, haha.

Myself: US citizen; Husband: German citizen

TransferWise Invitation Link: (first wire transfer is free) https://transferwise.com/u/eec50

(B-2 Journey):

-(then fiance) H-2B work visa application terminated due to qualification difficulties in Aug. 2010.

-(then fiance) B-2 tourist visa denied due to lack of strong ties to Germany in Sept. 2010.
-Third ESTA denied due to his suspiscious visa status on Oct. 15, 2012.
-B-2 tourist visa approved on Nov. 16, 2012!

(IR-1 Journey):

-Extended German residence permit obtained Aug. 23, 2014. (to qualify for DCF)

-Husband's new German passport picked up Aug. 28, 2014. (Old one expires 2015)

-I-130 packet sent to Frankfurt (DCF) Aug. 29, 2014!

-NOA1 issued Sept. 9, 2014 (received Sept.13)

-RFE regarding evidence of bona fide marriage received along with NOA1

-RFE reply packet sent to Frankfurt Sept. 30, 2014

-E-mail response (NOA2) received by USCIS Frankfurt on Oct. 23, 2014 (Petition APPROVED Oct. 20!!!) :dancing:

-Paper NOA2 received in the mail Oct. 29, 2014

-Case number assigned by IV unit Oct. 30, 2014 (Received by email Nov. 3)

-Paper "Packet 3" arrived in mail Nov. 4, 2014

-DS-260 and Document Delivery Registration submitted to Frankfurt Nov. 4, 2014

-Mailed in priority date request found on Packet 3 to IV Unit Nov. 5, 2014

-IV ("Packet 3") package sent to Frankfurt Nov. 17, 2014

-Medical completed by Frankfurt panel physician Nov. 17, 2014

-Received "Packet 4" via e-mail Nov. 20, 2014

-Interview booked for Dec. 3, 2014 (booked Nov. 21, 2014 after email authorization received)
-Visa approved, issued AND picked up by the courier all within 7 hours, Dec. 3, 2014
:dance:

-Visa packet arrived in the mail Dec. 4, 2014

-Visa packet had to be returned to Frankfurt for correction on Immigrant Data Summary sheet (wrong birthplace listed) Dec. 5, 2014

-Corrected visa packet received in the mail Dec. 11, 2014

-$165 Immigrant fee paid Dec. 11, 2014

-POE (through Dublin, Ireland) Jan. 18, 2015

-Registered manually for social security Jan. 27, 2015

-Social security card arrived within 2 weeks after applying in person/green card arrived within 30 days after entering U.S.

kXYGp1.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband and I are living apart, so we included pictures and affidavits from family members, and we got approved. Good luck to you both!

11/06: Husband EWI from Mexico
11/08: Started dating

11/11: Husband got deported
1/11/14: Got married
3/13/14-11/2/14:
I-130
1/26/15-3/17/15: NVC

5/28/15: INTERVIEW - denied

6/8/15: I-601/I-212 waivers received

11/17/15: I-601/I-212 waivers APPROVED

12/11/15: HUBBY HOME!! :dance:

Timeline

If you wanted to, you could also include sworn affidavits from family members or friends, stating that they attended your wedding or explaining how they first learnt about your relationship and how it developed over the years.

thanks

Timeline

Get as much as you can that shows both of your names on it like utility bills and, of course, the joint bank account would work nicely. As Strawberry said, some family statements would not only prove that your marriage is legit but also would provide them with a little background on you two. It's not as difficult as it sounds and I wish I hadn't been so lazy when I filed our I-130 by leaving out the evidence thinking us being married and living together for 3 years was enough proof. I could've saved us at least 17 days from that, haha.

thank you, let me ask you something about the joint bank account, we can just open a new bank account or it has to be specifically a bank account that we use to pay bills or where, in this case, my wife deposits her check, since I m not working.....maybe I m making it to complicated then what it is

Timeline

We just went to the bank and had them print out a form that shows both our names and the capabilities of each account member has. (who has the power to close the account, make deposits, etc.) That way they don't have to see private details you don't want them seeing as far as who deposits what and when. They only see who is on the account since which date and what power they have in the account. The bank rep just signed it and stamped it and USCIS accepted it that way.

Edited by Stressed Out

TransferWise Invitation Link: (first wire transfer is free) https://transferwise.com/u/eec50

(B-2 Journey):

-(then fiance) H-2B work visa application terminated due to qualification difficulties in Aug. 2010.

-(then fiance) B-2 tourist visa denied due to lack of strong ties to Germany in Sept. 2010.

(IR-1 Journey):

-E-mail response (NOA2) received by USCIS Frankfurt on Oct. 23, 2014 (Petition APPROVED Oct. 20!!!) :dancing:

-Interview booked for Dec. 3, 2014 (booked Nov. 21, 2014 after email authorization received)
-Visa approved, issued AND picked up by the courier all within 7 hours, Dec. 3, 2014

-Visa packet had to be returned to Frankfurt for correction on Immigrant Data Summary sheet (wrong birthplace listed) Dec. 5, 2014

-Social security card arrived within 2 weeks after applying in person/green card arrived within 30 days after entering U.S.

kXYGp1.png

Timeline

the joint bank account that we will open has to be specifically used to pay bill or deposit checks? or it can just be "a bank account"?

I appreciate your comment on my topic thank you very much for the help.....btw I m from Pordenone in Italy very close to Slovenia I remember going there when I was little to buy cigarette, get gas ans buy meat!!!

Timeline

We just went to the bank and had them print out a form that shows both our names and the capabilities of each account member has. (who has the power to close the account, make deposits, etc.) That way they don't have to see private details you don't want them seeing as far as who deposits what and when. They only see who is on the account since which date and what power they have in the account. The bank rep just signed it and stamped it and USCIS accepted it that way.

thanks for your help, do you think it will look bad if they see the bank account was opened just a week before for example?

Timeline

I don't why I thought you already had an account together...I thought the issue was that you were inactive in your joint account. Well I could see why they'd find it a little weird. Do you have anything else in your names? Any bills or contracts?

(B-2 Journey):

(IR-1 Journey):

kXYGp1.png

Timeline

I don't why I thought you already had an account together...I thought the issue was that you were inactive in your joint account. Well I could see why they'd find it a little weird. Do you have anything else in your names? Any bills or contracts?

we have been living together for one year now, and we have the AT&T family plan that I jointed about a year an half a go, I m sure she still have some mail from last year but I doubt I still have some mail from last year....I might have some bank statement from my personal account...maybe....

Timeline

Well you'll figure something out. Everyone's marriage works differently in how they coexist with one another and USCIS will understand that to an extent. Just gather up whatever documentation you have that shows you guys live together and, if need be, provide them with a statement that explains your situation if you find it to be unique.

(B-2 Journey):

(IR-1 Journey):

kXYGp1.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

the joint bank account that we will open has to be specifically used to pay bill or deposit checks? or it can just be "a bank account"?

I appreciate your comment on my topic thank you very much for the help.....btw I m from Pordenone in Italy very close to Slovenia I remember going there when I was little to buy cigarette, get gas ans buy meat!!!

You are beneficiary? Can you just add your wife to your existing account or she adds you? I did it that way...and got her MasterCard for shopping:)

So we are almost neighbors:) We were going to Trieste to Pontarosso when I was little:)))

Edited by Frips

N-400 Timeline
04/02/19 N-400 Submitted online
04/22/19 Biometrics
11/05/19 Interview (Approved)

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

08/11/17 I-751 Packet delivered to USCIS

09/18/17 Biometrics Appointment

08/17/18 2nd extension letter (additional 6 months)

11/02/18 New card is being  produced (Approved)

NVC
11-04-2014 NVC case receive

05-20-2015 Visa received

10-06-2015 Time to kick back and let it fly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.