spookyturtle

The Official Outrage Over Obama Immigration Reform thread

280 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yeah, in canada we just make everyone permanent residents once they ARE in :P

This is true. The place I worked had people from all over the world. Never seen anything like it. I was living there for the World Cup in 2002. Pretty cool seeing all the different flags at everyone's cubicles.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

Yup, I was working in a call centre center. In a department of 35 about 5 of us were born in Canada.

Fixed. :content:

I've just had to dig out my forum details to reply to this.

Wife and I are pretty pissed about Obama's Executive Order, given what we and what you all have had to do to get to this point. I was thinking about writing my State Senator an email, but wife reminded me that Obama doesn't care what the senate thinks.

Could we as a community start a protest or petition? If thousands of people or more start demanding a refund on the thousands of dollars spent for the Green Card and all of that, do you think they'd listen?

My best man nearly wasn't allowed in because he had 3 DUI's on record. They made him show them the invitation and then they (after 4 hours) gave him a visa for the duration of the wedding plus one day. Then they told him not to come back.

ETA, btw, my wife's family was turned down by Australia and the US when they left Hong Kong. Canada let them in.

Canada won't let American soldiers cross their borders to get to AK if they have a DUI that Canada catches at the border. They have to fly into AK.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

There should be no AOS stateside, except for those cases where AOS is expected such as K-1s for instance, provided one did get married within 90 days as stipulated by the conditions under which the visa was issued. Other than that, everyone else should have to come in with the right visa from the get go. I would also support that if you came in on a K-1 visa and didn't get married within 90 days, you should go back and start the process again either as a K-1, or if you got married beyond the 90 days, as a CR visa. No breaks to anyone. Let's make the same rules apply to everyone.

Except illegals. Thanks Obama.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Canada won't let American soldiers cross their borders to get to AK if they have a DUI that Canada catches at the border. They have to fly into AK.

We should just annex Canada and be done with it. Maybe we can sell it to the Russians in exchange for some cheap oil.

I've just had to dig out my forum details to reply to this.

Wife and I are pretty pissed about Obama's Executive Order, given what we and what you all have had to do to get to this point. I was thinking about writing my State Senator an email, but wife reminded me that Obama doesn't care what the senate thinks.

Could we as a community start a protest or petition? If thousands of people or more start demanding a refund on the thousands of dollars spent for the Green Card and all of that, do you think they'd listen?

Hi,

If you haven't signed this petition you should. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/issue-refund-those-who-paid-fees-legally-enter-usa-or-require-illegals-pay-those-same-fees/VrldcCGP

This is the "talk" about it do nothing outrage topic only. If you and others plan to get together and really try to make a difference and help people going through this process legally please let me know. I want in.

Thanks

Edited by Janelle2002

Timeline

Imagine CABA and RUB chicks together in one country? Talk about gasoline and matches.

The RUB chicks would eat them for lunch. Remember they can make an entire meal from a potato.