simpleben

The Embassy visited me at home

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Dear all,

My case is currently on administrative processing at the US embassy and I have had 2 interviews, during the second interview I was given a contact form to fill which I did, but after waiting for over 4 months and 3 weeks the embassy sent someone to interview me in my home.

Is this the end of administrative processing?

Thank you.

Ben.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Waivers and Administrative Processes - topic is AP ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Not necessarily, no.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Its a very good sign.I experienced such and was approved 2 months later.All the best man.

Thanks very much....I will let u know once I hear any news from the embassy....I so much appreciate ur concern. Remain blessed

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm on AP too. I was placed under AP on the 15th October and after one week I got an email that I should submit a contact sheet which I did. The embassy visited my house after one week I submitted the contact sheet and they met my brother and asked him some questions about me and my girl which he answered well. they called my neighbour the up week and still asked her about me if I'm married or engaged and she told them I'm only engaged. I'm yet to hear anything from them. Please how long does it take after the visit? I'm still within the 60 days given. Thanks

I'm on AP too. I was placed under AP on the 15th October and after one week I got an email that I should submit a contact sheet which I did. The embassy visited my house after one week I submitted the contact sheet and they met my brother and asked him some questions about me and my girl which he answered well. they called my neighbour the up week and still asked her about me if I'm married or engaged and she told them I'm only engaged. I'm yet to hear anything from them. Please how long does it take after the visit? I'm still within the 60 days given. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

60 days is just the buffer they give for you to leave them alone. Doesn't mean they will be done in that time. I have seen these contact sheet AP's last over a year. All you can do is wait it out.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My interview was on the 20th of november 2014 I was interviewed by a white man who ask me to swear an oath which I did and he interviewed me asking me lots of question since I know every thing abt my wife I answered as accurate as possible and gave only the answers and made them brief and concise as possible he was convinced to approve my visa not until another consular came in and they both speak he then ask me to pls help him feel this contact sheet that I should submit all my pictures with me and my wife which I did he then return my international passport and keep one of my passport fotograph I asked him he is holding one of my passport fotograph he said yes he needs it that they are going to call me that my case need an additional administrative processing. Since then I haven't heard from them. My wife has been frustrated she said if after the 60 days she didn't here nothing she will come to nigeria and let them know since they want her dead its better she die in the embassy because she see no reason why they will keep her life on wait for almost 1yr and 8mnths. Our atoney told us they are running back ground check since am from a fraudulent country and couple with nigerian terrorism status. My wife is never going to be able to wait if she gets here its going to be a scene at the embassy. Should I let her go to the embassy ? Because I know her if they don't answer her she will cry to death there I need advice pls

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My interview was on the 20th of november 2014 I was interviewed by a white man who ask me to swear an oath which I did and he interviewed me asking me lots of question since I know every thing abt my wife I answered as accurate as possible and gave only the answers and made them brief and concise as possible he was convinced to approve my visa not until another consular came in and they both speak he then ask me to pls help him feel this contact sheet that I should submit all my pictures with me and my wife which I did he then return my international passport and keep one of my passport fotograph I asked him he is holding one of my passport fotograph he said yes he needs it that they are going to call me that my case need an additional administrative processing. Since then I haven't heard from them. My wife has been frustrated she said if after the 60 days she didn't here nothing she will come to nigeria and let them know since they want her dead its better she die in the embassy because she see no reason why they will keep her life on wait for almost 1yr and 8mnths. Our atoney told us they are running back ground check since am from a fraudulent country and couple with nigerian terrorism status. My wife is never going to be able to wait if she gets here its going to be a scene at the embassy. Should I let her go to the embassy ? Because I know her if they don't answer her she will cry to death there I need advice pl

She comes and makes a disturbance at the embassy they can arrest her than she can forget all this immigration wahala. Coming to the embassy and do what. She acts like they HAVE TO let her in. I don't think so.Tell her to calm down and let them do their job. She has to just be patient. No one promised they would be done in 60 days. Just let them do their work. That's all you can d0 is wait. Sorry.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks I think u right but this whole process sucks its really putting lots of life @ hold

Yall can add me up on facebook on monday chukwudi utum let's always update ourselfs how it goes

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.