Alex77

Can i withdraw petition

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I already petitioned my fiance , approved and waiting to scedule interview but for personal reasons i want to withdraw the petition from the NVC or postpone it till i make sure of real love and not using me as bridge. Can i do that and how ? please help me i want to stop before time is over.

Thank yoiu

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Send notarized letter to USCIS and the Embassy.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

If you haven't sent the I-134 and financial evidence to your fiancee, there's nothing they can do with an approved petition even if they paid for the interview, medical and went to the interview themselves without your support.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Timeline

If you haven't sent the I-134 and financial evidence to your fiancee, there's nothing they can do with an approved petition even if they paid for the interview, medical and went to the interview themselves without your support.

caryh

,every thing was already sent I-134 and financial support all sent , her file is complete with NVC and waiting her interview.

what can i do now???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im in the same situation and looking for same advice.My petition is approved and at the embassy in Manila and now she cant come due to family and she took a job there....Ive given her time to reconsider but both have agreed to move on. I may meet someone there soon so I need to cancel. Any help will be great!

You can contact the embassy and withdraw your support for the case, giving them the case number. They will not issue the visa, knowing the relationship has ended. After all, part of getting the visa is an on going relationship, and if there is none they don't qualify. The embassy will then close the case when they get your signed letter. I wouldn't suggest doing this unless you're 100% sure you don't want to go forward. If the beneficiary has the visa, I've heard of them contacting the beneficiary, asking them to send their passports in so the visa can be cancelled.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Send a written letter, not just call, to the service center that approved the petition and the consulate that now has the case. Include a copy of the NOA2 approval notice in each, and state that the relationship has ended and you would like to withdraw the petition.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Thanks so much for the information, this is the hardest thing ive ever had to do but its a messed up situation. All we had left was medical and interview and her family told her she cant come now so she took a job offer there. Its killing us both but she will not disrespect her family. Sad sad sad....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

At least you found out now. There's some heartache now, but envision how much more there would be if she canceled the process after you'd bought the airline tickets, or (worst) if she got here and wanted to go back. She has saved you a LOT of time and money. Do what it takes to heal, then look only forward.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Send a letter to the consulate, cc the USCIS. Send it paper, not email (but scanning it and emaling the scan before you mail the paper certainly does not hurt). And get your signature notarized. And if issuance of the visa is immient, use DHL to stop her. If you have time, just use registered mail.

You do not need to assert a reason for your action. As the petitioner, you have an absolute right to withdraw your petition at any time before the visa is issued.

Even if she does not have your financials and therefore cannot get a visa, send the letter anyway. You don't what an open file hanging around USCIS' computers at whatever point in the future you file again.

I am the voice of experience. Been there, done that. Had to make an emergency stop of a woman who turned evil on me at the last minute. I did it this way, and success.

Edited by Al422

Timeline

Thanks Tbone and Al...yes sge is very close to her father he is aging and her mom very controlling so its best now than later...I will use your advice thanks alot..!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks so much for the information, this is the hardest thing ive ever had to do but its a messed up situation. All we had left was medical and interview and her family told her she cant come now so she took a job offer there. Its killing us both but she will not disrespect her family. Sad sad sad....

I feel sorry for you. That is so sad and disrespectul to you. As someone said, at least you know now. Her behavior is a sign of things to come for the worse.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.