Jordandawg05

affidavit required?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

hi all,

starting on my ROC for my wife.

got a lot of stuff that i've collected the last two years as stuff came in the mail so i am sorting through it but i got alot of good stuff. my question is the affidavids required for ROC?

i currently have the following:

tax returns in our names filling jointly the last two years

bank account statements ( two seperate banks)

life insurance beneficiaries

insurance information ( medical, car, home owners, life insurance showin beneficiaries)

travel iteneraries /boarding passes of vacations ( including pics)

installment loan papers

electric, phone bills

car registrations in both our names

misc items (holiday cards and thank you letters in our names)

is this a good list so far? i am still digging through papers but these are the categories that ive found so far.

Another question popped, do i send a check for the total of 590 ( fillin fee plus bio metrics)?

thanks for your help !

Day 11/14 Mailed AOS Package

Day 11/16 AOS Package Accepted

Day 11/20 Received Text with receipt numbers

Day 11/21 Checks cashed

Day 11/26 -Letter for Biometrix - its on 12/20

Day 12/20/ went to do biometrics, turn away as wife has a cut on thumb - will try to walk in next week

Day 12/28 - bio metrics done ! - walked in San Diego as we were visiting my in laws.

Day 1/4/2013 - received text/email that case is ready to be scheduled for interview !

Day 1/15/2013 - received hard copy letter to let us know interview is on 2/12 !

Day 1/17/2013 - received text/email that EAD has been approved

Day 1/26/2013 - received EAD card

Day 2/12 - interview done - approved on spot!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Affidavits are not required. If you have plenty of other evidence, then you can skip them. If you live with friends or family, then yes, have them write an affidavit to state you live together with them as a married couple.

You can send complete tax returns or tax transcripts. There is no requirement for transcripts only. The instructions even mention complete joint tax returns. Just make sure to include all forms, schedules, W-2s and/or 1099s from each joint filing.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Have you created wills, medical powers of attorney, HIPAA releases, etc.? These are excellent evidence, and they're even more important to have in life.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Affidavits are not required. If you have plenty of other evidence, then you can skip them. If you live with friends or family, then yes, have them write an affidavit to state you live together with them as a married couple.

You can send complete tax returns or tax transcripts. There is no requirement for transcripts only. The instructions even mention complete joint tax returns. Just make sure to include all forms, schedules, W-2s and/or 1099s from each joint filing.

thank you ! we don't live with other family/friends so i think i have enough evidence from what i gathered.

i think i have tax transcripts that i've downloaded from the IRS website. it shows two years of filling married jointly ( first year with her maiden name since at that time it wasn't changed then her married name).

I don't have a 'lease' or documentation showing that she owns our house because i've owned our home prior to us getting married. when i called to change the ownership my mortgage company said that we have to re do the papers and close on the house ( which cost several thousand ! ). i do show her on bank accounts, some bills, life insurance, car loans...etc so i have plenty to show co mingling financials. not sure how other couples handled this.

Have you created wills, medical powers of attorney, HIPAA releases, etc.? These are excellent evidence, and they're even more important to have in life.

i don't' have any of the above...probably should as you stated they are important in life to have not just for ROC.

Day 11/21 Checks cashed

Day 12/20/ went to do biometrics, turn away as wife has a cut on thumb - will try to walk in next week

Day 12/28 - bio metrics done ! - walked in San Diego as we were visiting my in laws.

Day 1/4/2013 - received text/email that case is ready to be scheduled for interview !

Timeline

If the house is only in your name, then that is ok. You provide the type of proof you do have. Not everyone will have every type of proof. You provide as much of what you do have. The joint taxes and co-mingling of finances are the biggies, and you have those along with other accounts and insurance together.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

If the house is only in your name, then that is ok. You provide the type of proof you do have. Not everyone will have every type of proof. You provide as much of what you do have. The joint taxes and co-mingling of finances are the biggies, and you have those along with other accounts and insurance together.

thanks !

Day 11/21 Checks cashed

Timeline

Hi, need help too...

1. do i need to send the 1040 ITR or just the Tax transcript?

2. the only insurance we have is the apartment renters insurance, is it enough?thanks

1 - tax transcripts should be fine

2- you don't have medical insurance? car insurance? like it was stated above. you don't have to have every single insurance out there. mainly cover financial cominglin documents and other life maintenance papers ( life insurance, bills, pics, documents show both your names..etc)

Day 11/21 Checks cashed

I don't get how the affidavits are optional if it says in the instructions on the USCIS form for the i-751 to include them with the application?

I'm getting things prepared for my husband's ROC and was wondering the same question

Timeline

It gives a list of items you should(not must) include to prove your valid relationship and gives examples of some. The affidavits are included in that list and also state they must be supported by other types of evidence listed above on the list. They are not absolutely required to include. If you have plenty of the solid evidence they care about most, such as joint taxes, joint bank and other types of joint accounts, joint lease/mortgage, etc., then affidavits are not really needed. They are weak evidence and don't hold much weight anyway. That is why it states you must provide other evidence along with them.

This has been discussed on VJ quite a few times over the years. Plenty have been approved without including affidavits from friends/family. If you want to include them though, you certainly should go right ahead and do so.

Timeline

ok peeps, i am finalizing my packet. below is the list of evidence i have...along with the SIGNED I751, copies of perm resident card ( front/back) and the FEE of 590 . We live in Tx so it'll be the vermont service center.

am i missing anything else? just wanted to get second eyes before i mail on Monday.

thanks !!!

--------------

12/6/2014

USCIS Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden Street
P.O. Box 200
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

RE: I-751 JOINT PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF STATUS ON:

immigrant spouse name, A#

Dear USCIS examiner:

Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding my wife (name of immigrant spouse). Please also find a check for $590, the fee for this form. We also attached a copy of the conditional permanent resident card for reference. We are happily living together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my wife (immigrant spuose name).

Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

• Copies of green card and Texas driver license of (immigrant spouse).
  • Tax return copies (2012 and 2013) for both US citizen and immigrant showing married filing jointly.
  • Bank account statements for two accounts (bankking instutions) showing statements throughout the last two years.
  • Insurance information such as medical, car and home owners. Also beneficiaries showing the immigrant spouse as beneficiary for IRA and life insurance purposes.
  • Travel itineraries and boarding passes to trips throughout the last two years.
  • Pictures of trips together
  • Installment loans and car registration documents
  • Bills – including wireless bills and electric bills showing both names as users
  • Miscellaneous items such as mailings, cards and advertisement coming to mailing address of the couple.

Please note that we have not included a lease or title as my wife (immigrant spouse) moved into my residence which I have had for over 5 years and therefore I (US citizen) am the only one listed on the house title/loan and most of the utilities associated with our home.

You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documentation for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so. Please advise me if you have any further questions or problems related to this petition.

Sincerely,

Mr. JD ( US petitioner)

SSN

Day 11/21 Checks cashed

Timeline

any feed back before i send? just wanted to make sure i didn't miss anything major.

Day 11/21 Checks cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.