DarkKiss

Is it rare for the Medical Results to be Sent to the Embassy?

45 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

yay! that sounds like a plan. ask him the name of the medication of try to sound it out so I can better help you understand the drug. I doubt they would give him ambien (zolpidem) but, then again their pharmacies are more lenient than ours over there

ok I'll let you know. Better yet I have him spell it to me. Be back with you soon. I'll try to contact him now.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Timeline

Wow let's hope for the best because most sleeping pills are barbiturates. So in a urine test it can come up as a heavy drug. He should've told them what he was taking cause I think they ask u. At the interview explains the misunderstanding.

ok thanks

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

yep. If you think it could cause an issue, I believe you can go in and edit the DS160 if it has not been submitted. if it has, see if a new one can be 'updated' or simply be prepared to answer (if indeed the sleeping pill is the issue) reason why he takes it. If you want a piece of mind perhaps doctor can write a confirming note or statement proving it medically necessary to take the pill

Timeline

yep. If you think it could cause an issue, I believe you can go in and edit the DS160 if it has not been submitted. if it has, see if a new one can be 'updated' or simply be prepared to answer (if indeed the sleeping pill is the issue) reason why he takes it. If you want a piece of mind perhaps doctor can write a confirming note or statement proving it medically necessary to take the pill

The medicine is called "novo insomnium " . He takes it in 3mg. It's expensive so if he can't afford it he gets a cheaper brand called "dormital". Let me know ok Edited by DarkKiss

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline

dormital is like a sedative or hypnotic as we say. Sounds like it is a barbituate like phenobarbital . These drugs have multi uses those some as sedatives to make you sleep, others to stop you from having convulsions or seizures. His reason is purely to help him sleep. I think the key ingredient is dormital if im not mistaken is just diphenhydramine like In Benadryl. I would say he see if he can get a doctors note for the interview describing medical necessity for the medication. Otherwise, I'd resubmit the form clarifying any medication use. While barbiturates aren't "hard drugs" such as your scheduled II morphines hydromorphones hydrocodonses they can still "show up" in urine .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is a shame that someone cannot take a "prescription medication, from a doctor".,..,.,,for a minor problem.,.,.,.,as I take a 1/2 milligram of Xanax every night, due to anxiety, does that make me an addict? If so, so be it.,.,.,.it is what it is!

Timeline

dormital is like a sedative or hypnotic as we say. Sounds like it is a barbituate like phenobarbital . These drugs have multi uses those some as sedatives to make you sleep, others to stop you from having convulsions or seizures. His reason is purely to help him sleep. I think the key ingredient is dormital if im not mistaken is just diphenhydramine like In Benadryl. I would say he see if he can get a doctors note for the interview describing medical necessity for the medication. Otherwise, I'd resubmit the form clarifying any medication use. While barbiturates aren't "hard drugs" such as your scheduled II morphines hydromorphones hydrocodonses they can still "show up" in urine .

i advised him to re-do the Ds-160 although I got some push back because he still believes that because the medicine from the Pharmacist, it will not be a problem. After explaining how this might be viewed by the CO! He relented and will re-do the DS-160.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline

It is a shame that someone cannot take a "prescription medication, from a doctor".,..,.,,for a minor problem.,.,.,.,as I take a 1/2 milligram of Xanax every night, due to anxiety, does that make me an addict? If so, so be it.,.,.,.it is what it is!

I totally 100% agree with you, but ........we have to please the higher authorities ... I suppose......oh well, as I said before, We don't even really know WHAT the reasons for sending results to the Embassy are, because the doctor gave no information or indications for what it might be. We are just trying to cover all bases. Could be something totally different, God Forbid, but after brain-storming, the medicine is the only thing we could think of. He is hoping to re-do the DS-160 and put the medicine on it and explain the rest to the CO. I'll ask about getting a note from a doctor, if that is even possible. There is a Hospital there but it looks smaller than a walk-in clinic here in Houston. We'll see what happens and keep everyone informed. Edited by DarkKiss

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

The doctor should tell your fiance if there is something wrong. The doctor who did my medical, she brought my medical results to the embassy and she called me informing me that she already submitted my medical results and I am fine, nothing to worry about. I guess, it depends to the embassy or the doctor.

Timeline

The doctor should tell your fiance if there is something wrong. The doctor who did my medical, she brought my medical results to the embassy and she called me informing me that she already submitted my medical results and I am fine, nothing to worry about. I guess, it depends to the embassy or the doctor.

I hope you are right! We will still try to cover all bases just in case. Thanks for taking the time to give me your input.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Good luck! I Hope everything Goes Well.

IR-1/CR-1
Visa Event Date
Service Center: Texas Service Center
Consulate: Dominican Republic
Marriage: 2013-08-13 (L)
I-130 Sent: 2013-11-01
I-130 NOA1: 2013-11-05
I-130 RFE: NO
I-130 Approved: 2014-06-09
National Visa Center
NVC Received: 06/23/14
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 07/24/14
Submit DS-261: 07/24/14
Pay AOS Bill: 07/28/14
Send AOS Package: 07/29/14
Received AOS Package: 07/31/14
Receive IV Bill: 09/10/14
Pay IV Bill: 09/10/14
Submit DS-260: 09/12/14
Send IV Package: 08/21/14
Case Completed at NVC: 10/10/14
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 10/16/14
Interview: 11/05/14
APPROVED!!!
Pourt Of Entry: 12/07/14
Social Security Card Received: 12/16/14

Filed: Timeline

Negative; it is eszopiclone (AKA Lunesta), which is a z-drug (like Ambien). I don't know if they show up on a test that includes benzodiazepines, which I presume USCIS tests would include.

Edited by WestWolf

Timeline

Negative; it is eszopiclone (AKA Lunesta), which is a z-drug (like Ambien). I don't know if they show up on a test that includes benzodiazepines, which I presume USCIS tests would include.

so if it IS like Ambien and he gets it from the Pharmacy, can he get the Pharmacist to give him proof that he gives it to him? Is that even an option in the DR? I know you need a doctor's script for that here in the U.S. Edited by DarkKiss

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline

Is there someone you can call at embassy just in case to see if deemed necessary to redo DS160? Like you said you all don't know what the issue truly is but, if it will bring a piece of mind proceed on. best wishes!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.