DarkKiss

Is it rare for the Medical Results to be Sent to the Embassy?

45 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

My fiance had his medical last week and went yesterday for the results. That asked him for a urine test and told him to call today to see if they are ready to be picked up.

When he called today. they told him that all the results would be sent to the embassy on Monday. His interview is Wednesday. :help:

Of course we are worried that something is wrong. Is this a rare thing that they don;t give you the results to you.

Just in case anyone is wondering, he does not use illegal drugs. I'm worried that there is a medical condition that he was not aware of. Could this be why they will not give him the results but are electing to send them straight to the embassy? Please Help! We are dying to know, Why? :help:

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My fiance had his medical last week and went yesterday for the results. That asked him for a urine test and told him to call today to see if they are ready to be picked up.

When he called today. they told him that all the results would be sent to the embassy on Monday. His interview is Wednesday. :help:

Of course we are worried that something is wrong. Is this a rare thing that they don;t give you the results to you.

Just in case anyone is wondering, he does not use illegal drugs. I'm worried that there is a medical condition that he was not aware of. Could this be why they will not give him the results but are electing to send them straight to the embassy? Please Help! We are dying to know, Why? :help:

Sorry got this off your embassy site:

"The medical results will be given to the visa applicant as soon as the results are ready. However, if there is any problem with your medical condition the results will be sent directly to the Consular Section."

http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/iv-medical-exam.html

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Sorry got this off your embassy site:

"The medical results will be given to the visa applicant as soon as the results are ready. However, if there is any problem with your medical condition the results will be sent directly to the Consular Section."

http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/iv-medical-exam.html

Yes, I just read that before I got your response. I'm really scared now. Wondering what it could be. How can the medical results or better yet what can be in the medical report that could negatively affect a visa, other than a serious infectious disease, which I know for sure he does not have?

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline

So I just spoke with my fiancé and he told me that last month he began to have insomnia because of the immigration stress so he went to the pharmacy and the pharmacist gave him this pill and I can't pronounce it, but he told me that he takes one every night to help him sleep.

He said that it is given by the pharmacist and not illegal. That's the only thing that he thinks could be the reason. He does not take any other drugs except that one. I'm thinking that this was the reason for the urine test.

I don't know how things work in the DR as far as getting medicine from Pharmacist versus getting prescription from doctor. Anyone with information, please let me know how this works and what affect this can have on him at the interview.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

I hope everything works out for you guys and its nothing alarming. My fiance got his medical results today. That is a strange thing. Im sorry you have to go tru this.

Edited by Stefani

AOS Timeline (L)

March 23: Marriage

June 10: Mailed AOS via USPS 2 day priority delivery

June 12: USCIS Received paperwork

June 17: NOA1-Text messages confirming AP/EAD and AOS

June 23: NOA1- Hard copy AP/EAD and AOS

June 27: Biometrics Letter in the mail for July 7th

July 7: Biometrics Appointment

August 21: EAD Approval (Email Notification)

August 24: AP Approval (Email Notification)

August 25: Hard Copy NOA2 Received for EAD/AP

August 25: EAD/AP Card is Mailed/Document Production

August 28: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

October 8: AOS update: Card/ Document production (NO NPIW letter or Interview)

October 9: AOS "Decision"

October 13: Notice to Conditional Permanent Resident Alien letter received

October 19: Green card delivered :-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So I just spoke with my fiancé and he told me that last month he began to have insomnia because of the immigration stress so he went to the pharmacy and the pharmacist gave him this pill and I can't pronounce it, but he told me that he takes one every night to help him sleep.

He said that it is given by the pharmacist and not illegal. That's the only thing that he thinks could be the reason. He does not take any other drugs except that one. I'm thinking that this was the reason for the urine test.

I don't know how things work in the DR as far as getting medicine from Pharmacist versus getting prescription from doctor. Anyone with information, please let me know how this works and what affect this can have on him at the interview.

Here's a thread here from 2012 but all report their results were sent to consult no issues for them.

And it does say ion your info page "Medical results will be delivered to the Embassy following the exam."

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Dominican%20Republic&cty=Santo%20Domingo

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

I hope everything works out for you guys and its nothing alarming. My fiance got his medical results today. That is a strange thing. Im sorry you have to go tru this.

Thanks Stefani!

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline

Here's a thread here from 2012 but all report their results were sent to consult no issues for them.

And it does say ion your info page "Medical results will be delivered to the Embassy following the exam."

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Dominican%20Republic&cty=Santo%20Domingo

Thanks dwheels but I think it's old info because the Embassy Page in the DR states that NOW the results are given to the applicant. I just pray that it's the meds.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

if he was taking any form of medication If I were him I would have stated it on his medical questionnaire and the reason being. As a nurse I know patients take chronic scheduled II narcotic drugs to keep them someone what pain free strong drugs such as morphine, oxycontin, oxycodone ect. If there is any reason a person would need a sleeping aid such as zolpidem (ambien) or any other sleeping aid even Benadryl, it is good practices for cases such as these to list any known medications and reason being, (E.G. insomnia, pain, whatever)

Timeline

I have advised my fiance to stop taking the insomnia medicine. I've been doing some research and found that the CO may determine that he is a drug abuser even if it's an over-the-counter-medicine, so to speak. :ranting:

The Embassy may even delay the visa until he passes 4 clean urine tests. :wow: That's harsh because, we can go to CVS or Walgreens and get medicine to help us sleep and this would not even be considered drug abuse. I'm NOT saying that this will be the case during his interview, I'm just preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

I also discovered that a person who lives in a small city in the DR like where my fiance lives, there are no major markets or food stores. When a resident feels sick, he can just go the the Farmacia and tell the Pharmacist what's bothering him and the Pharmacist will just give him a medicine. The majority of the residents are very poor and couldn't afford a doctor if they needed one.

This is what happened to my Fiance. I also remember when I took a not so glamorous spill during on of my visits to see him, he just went to the Farmacia and told the Pharmacist that I had twisted my knee. He came out of store with two pills that seemed to have been cut from a pack of pills. He told me that the pharmacist stated that this would help my knee. I have to admit, that I was pretty skeptical, but I was in pain, so I only took one, and put the other one in my purse. When I got back to the United States, I googled the pill and came to find out that it was plain naproxen, similar to Aleve.

I'm just praying everything works out for us and if he has to take the dreaded sets of urine tests, I guess this will set us back at least another six months or so in AP. Just thinking, thinking, thinking. Thanks for listening guys.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline

if he was taking any form of medication If I were him I would have stated it on his medical questionnaire and the reason being. As a nurse I know patients take chronic scheduled II narcotic drugs to keep them someone what pain free strong drugs such as morphine, oxycontin, oxycodone ect. If there is any reason a person would need a sleeping aid such as zolpidem (ambien) or any other sleeping aid even Benadryl, it is good practices for cases such as these to list any known medications and reason being, (E.G. insomnia, pain, whatever)

I will ask him what he indicated on the Medical form when they asked him if he was taking any medications and also what he put on the DS-160. If he said NO on both, then we have our answer. RED Flag!!! OMG.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline

good idea just to ask. Yes pharmacies in the DR are more free, I did missionary work there so it is the truth. Hope it all works out. wonder if he did forget to disclose any medications he uses if he can resubmit a DS160? Or, he will just have to bite the bullet at the interview and disclose there. Would be great to get a doctor's note but.. doubt it works like that in the DR stateting or proving necessity for certain medications.

Timeline

good idea just to ask. Yes pharmacies in the DR are more free, I did missionary work there so it is the truth. Hope it all works out. wonder if he did forget to disclose any medications he uses if he can resubmit a DS160? Or, he will just have to bite the bullet at the interview and disclose there. Would be great to get a doctor's note but.. doubt it works like that in the DR stateting or proving necessity for certain medications.

Since He hasn't submitted the Ds-160 yet, I think I'm going to tell him to re-do it and indicate that he uses that medicine for insomnia. Great idea . Thanks a bunch!!!!!! It can't hurt me thinks. Edited by DarkKiss

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline

yay! that sounds like a plan. ask him the name of the medication of try to sound it out so I can better help you understand the drug. I doubt they would give him ambien (zolpidem) but, then again their pharmacies are more lenient than ours over there

Wow let's hope for the best because most sleeping pills are barbiturates. So in a urine test it can come up as a heavy drug. He should've told them what he was taking cause I think they ask u. At the interview explains the misunderstanding.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.