UncleBeer

Obamacare Architect: Lack of Transparency Was Key Because ‘Stupidity Of The American Voter’ Would Have Killed Obamacare

64 posts in this topic

That's about 2% of the healthcare system. Not even close to being a solution.

And there you have it. That is what your newly elected Congress will attempt to do - leave you with nothing.

Not jsut leave me nothing, leave the whole country saddled with an mediocre health care system that costs us twice as much as every other system in the world,

Filed: Other Timeline

There is a solution. It's not the first alternative, but it's getting closer all the time. WAR. Then, afterward sort it all out, spread it around, and start all over again. We've done that quite a few times. Ghengis Khan, Alexander the Great, the french guy with a stomach problem. Maybe it's just time to use all those bombs and chemical weapons to make the decisions. I'm not a prepper, so I might go in the first wave.

single payer. like the dems could have done with the complete control they had, when they pushed this BS on us. now the republicans will do it & take the credit.

the dems passed 0bamacare all by themselves. check the votes. got it!

Give up smoke. Just like the video says "the bill depends on the stupidity of the american voter" Your replies will not penetrate such dense ignorance.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Timeline

single payer. like the dems could have done with the complete control they had, when they pushed this BS on us. now the republicans will do it & take the credit.

the dems passed 0bamacare all by themselves. check the votes. got it!

Republicans will do single payer? Is that what you're saying. If so, please pass the bong!

Republicans will do single payer? Is that what you're saying. If so, please pass the bong!

its the only solution to fixing 0bama & the dems train wreck. they had complete control, they could have done it. but, no. they decided to screw everyone.

Edited by SMOKE
7yqZWFL.jpg

its the only solution to fixing 0bama & the dems train wreck. they had complete control, they could have done it. but, no. they decided to screw everyone.

What we have today is far from where we need to be but it's a hell of a lot better than where we were. I have always been supportive of a single payer system and maybe one day America will wise up and get itself one of those. But given the current state of affairs, it won't be Republicans bringing it about. One would have to be either disconnected from reality or high on dope - or maybe both - to think otherwise.

What we have today is far from where we need to be but it's a hell of a lot better than where we were. I have always been supportive of a single payer system and maybe one day America will wise up and get itself one of those. But given the current state of affairs, it won't be Republicans bringing it about. One would have to be either disconnected from reality or high on dope - or maybe both - to think otherwise.

idk we'll see

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Obamacare as a vehicle for single payer socialized medicine. I don't say that pejoratively - just being clear about what a lot of people seem to think is the political accomplishment.

I think you need to look reality in the face with how insurance company profits are the main thing that was accomplished here. The government promised to underwrite the insurance losses. What they actually got was the keys to the U.S. Treasury.

That is not paying for health care. That is paying insurance companies. Incredibly, they've also been given the legal authority to force insurance on people. Not health care, but insurance. People of this country have been lulled to sleep with manipulative rhetoric about insurance = health care.

Health care is not insurance. Single payer is a euphemism for socialized medicine, and we just need to talk straight about what we are doing. It is better than what we are doing right now with Obamacare. Absolutely. But only if the insurance companies can be fired and the money start going into patient care instead. We have no need for insurance companies AND all of the huge Hospital Administration staff.

Cut them out. Completely.

Edited by rlogan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hogwash. The bill was posted online - everyone had access to see it and see what's in it.

That isn't true.

When different bills pass the House and Senate, a conference committee is called. That conference committee produces a political compromise of some kind including logrolling - trading votes on other bills like highway construction, military spending or whatever...

We can't know beforehand what a conference committee (joint bill) is going to look like. So we have to wait and see. Just like Pelosi said. I don't mean this in the same sneering condescension it is peddled as. Rather, this is just what our system of checks and balances was set up to do: Reconciling Senate vs. House bills that differ.

Now the bad news. Guess who has the ear of the conference committee members? Goldman-Sachs, Berkshire Hathaway, Prudential, MetLife...

You ever been to a $50,000 a plate fundraiser dinner? Oh, I sure have. Just about every week. I'm so rich my servants have mansions.

Edited by rlogan

That isn't true.

When different bills pass the House and Senate, a conference committee is called. That conference committee produces a political compromise of some kind including logrolling - trading votes on other bills like highway construction, military spending or whatever...

We can't know beforehand what a conference committee (joint bill) is going to look like. So we have to wait and see. Just like Pelosi said. I don't mean this in the same sneering condescension it is peddled as. Rather, this is just what our system of checks and balances was set up to do: Reconciling Senate vs. House bills that differ.

Now the bad news. Guess who has the ear of the conference committee members? Goldman-Sachs, Berkshire Hathaway, Prudential, MetLife...

You ever been to a $50,000 a plate fundraiser dinner? Oh, I sure have. Just about every week. I'm so rich my servants have mansions.

The ACA didn't go to Conference Committee.

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/01/04/tnr-no-conference-committee-for-obamacare/

"Democrats have decided against using a conference committee to pursue a compromise on ObamaCare that can pass both the House and the Senate, The New Republic reported yesterday and The Corner confirmed today. Instead, they have decided to play ping-pong in an attempt to pass one version that can go to Barack Obama’s desk:"

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

The ACA didn't go to Conference Committee.

Correct. It didn't. The Senate bill is what eventually became the ACA - and that bill was available online.

That isn't true.

More hogwash. See above.

How many changes have been made to the ACA since it became law? Doesn't that speak to how much of a pos it is?

By law or by the Pen of the Preznit

How many changes have been made to the ACA since it became law? Doesn't that speak to how much of a pos it is?

42 so far to date. The preznit does not have this power.

Ill-conceived, poorly-executed, intrusive, expensive, widely-reviled by a majority of citizens, burdensome and absurdly written. Thanks O'bama.