Elle&Kyle

Got our MNL case #, NVC -AP status, can we schedule an appointment now?

62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone. My fiance called the NVC today, we got our MNL case number, however they told him that our case is under "Administrative processing" and they didn't give a time frame for how long it will be there and when they are going to send it to Manila. Now,my question is here.. since we already have our MNL case number, would it be fine if we pay the visa fee now and schedule an appointment online as soon as possible? Even though they have not sent it yet? OR, should we wait until they inform us that they already sent it or our case status online shows as "transit" and just pay and schedule an appointment then? We just don't want to waste more time waiting if its really not necessary. Any relevant information and response will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much! :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved form K1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~INquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone. My fiance called the NVC today, we got our MNL case number, however they told him that our case is under "Administrative processing" and they didn't give a time frame for how long it will be there and when they are going to send it to Manila. Now,my question is here.. since we already have our MNL case number, would it be fine if we pay the visa fee now and schedule an appointment online as soon as possible? Even though they have not sent it yet? OR, should we wait until they inform us that they already sent it or our case status online shows as "transit" and just pay and schedule an appointment then? We just don't want to waste more time waiting if its really not necessary. Any relevant information and response will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much! :)

You can not complete your interview if your case file is still at NVC, so I would suggest waiting until you know the case file has shipped to USEM before scheduling the interview. For now be patient.

Once you know the file has shipped then start the process. Details in my link below, follow the flashing arrow.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Right.. I see. I assume that most interview dates could be like a month from now or so, I thought it'll be better to schedule ahead of time. But yea, that they cannot process it if its still at NVC. I was looking up the normal waiting time for cases with "Administrative Processing" status. I saw that it could take about 50 days, but for some only took a week or so., ridiculous. Eh, anyway, I guess we have no choice but to wait again and keep calling them and keep checking status online. Thanks Hank_ :)

Timeline

Right.. I see. I assume that most interview dates could be like a month from now or so, I thought it'll be better to schedule ahead of time. But yea, that they cannot process it if its still at NVC. I was looking up the normal waiting time for cases with "Administrative Processing" status. I saw that it could take about 50 days, but for some only took a week or so., ridiculous. Eh, anyway, I guess we have no choice but to wait again and keep calling them and keep checking status online. Thanks Hank_ :)

Yes once your case file reaches USEM everything can be done in about 5 weeks. Everything moves fairly fast if you want it to.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

once it says the status is READY. you can get ur mrv slip and pay at BPI and sched ur interview date and you can do a medical two weeks from your interview date

09.06.14- Sent I-129f

09.11.14- NOA1 email

09.15.14- Alien Reg. changed

11.18.14- NOA2

02.02.15- Interview at US Embassy 

02.24.15 - POE San Francisco CA.

Timeline

Yes once your case file reaches USEM everything can be done in about 5 weeks. Everything moves fairly fast if you want it to.

When we check our case on CEAC it says "At NVC" , and follow the instructions that we received from NVC for the next step. We haven't gotten anything from them yet. I guess we should wait for that too. I wonder, are they going to mail that to us? Or should we call them again? Do you guys have an idea of what it is that they possibly will ask us to do? Thank you so much! :)

once it says the status is READY. you can get ur mrv slip and pay at BPI and sched ur interview date and you can do a medical two weeks from your interview date

Yea.. its still says "At NVC" :( .. thank you!

Timeline

When we check our case on CEAC it says "At NVC" , and follow the instructions that we received from NVC for the next step. We haven't gotten anything from them yet. I guess we should wait for that too. I wonder, are they going to mail that to us? Or should we call them again? Do you guys have an idea of what it is that they possibly will ask us to do? Thank you so much! :)

All NVC will mail to you is a letter with your case file number (MNL#), they don't mail you any instructions that pertain to the K-1 visa.

Once CEAC shows the case file is in transit it is good to get things started with paying BPI and scheduling the interview, etc. We scheduled the interview about 4-5 weeks out from when the case file shipped from NVC

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

All NVC will mail to you is a letter with your case file number (MNL#), they don't mail you any instructions that pertain to the K-1 visa.

Once CEAC shows the case file is in transit it is good to get things started with paying BPI and scheduling the interview, etc. We scheduled the interview about 4-5 weeks out from when the case file shipped from NVC

Oh, I see.. So, we're really not waiting for any further instructions from NVC. When we check our case, it says "At NVC" and they said follow instructions that they gave us, then there's a link under it, but since we didn't get anything we just clicked on the link. The link route us to this "Notice" it says: "The National Visa Center is experiencing a high volume of inquiries at this time due to the increased number of approved petitions the NVC is receiving from USCIS. You may experience longer wait times when calling us and longer response time when emailing us. We are working diligently to reduce these wait times and we appreciate your patience.".. -So I guess we really should just wait until the case shows in "transit". Ahh.. :/

Thank you Hank_,

btw , your link was very helpful, I've been reading that and using it as a reference when we were trying to learn more about this whole process. Thanks :)

Timeline

we are on the same boat Elle&Kyle..i was thinking about making the same thread as this but I'm just gonna follow your's instead.. :yes:

USCIS BE LIKE.......WE ARE WORKING AS FAST AS WE CAN GUYS!

snail_mail.jpg

28 Sep 2014 -- Mailed I-129F

01 Oct 2014 -- I-129F Delivered to USCIS

06 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 Received via Text/Email

14 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 Hard Copy Received

23 Oct 2014 -- Petition Approved as per USCIS website

30 Oct 2014 -- NOA2 Hard Copy Received

07 Nov 2014 -- NVC Received Petition

10 Nov 2014 -- NVC Case Number Assigned

17 Nov 2014 -- Status Update "Ready for Interview" as per CEAC website

20 Nov 2014 -- NVC Case# Notice Received

22 Nov 2014 -- Medical

16 Dec 2014 -- Interview

18 Dec 2014 -- 221(g) Received via email

22 Dec 2014 -- RFE Instructions received via email

05 Feb 2015 -- RFE Requirements submitted

15 Apr 2015 -- Visa Issued as per CEAC Website

17 Apr 2015 -- Received Embassy Email, Visa on the way!!!!

20 Apr 2015 -- Visa OnHand :)

27 Apr 2015 -- CFO Appointment

Timeline

Hello.. We are in the same case.. Nvc received files 1st week of October and the following Nvc says we are under ap and till now status says at ceac at Nvc.. Hopefully it will change soon..this waiting sucks as we miss each other so much..

Hello.. We are in the same case.. Nvc received files 1st week of October and the following Nvc says we are under ap and till now status says at ceac at Nvc.. Hopefully it will change soon..this waiting sucks as we miss each other so much..

Timeline

we are on the same boat Elle&Kyle..i was thinking about making the same thread as this but I'm just gonna follow your's instead.. :yes:

Hi ChEd! Thanks.. I see you are from CSC, I'm thinking when our cases reached NVC it doesn't matter anymore whether we're from TSC or CSC? . We seem to received our MNL case number just few days apart. I have to be honest, I don't know if its a good thing or not, but somehow it makes us feel a little bit batter, knowing that we're not alone, and there are other people experiencing the same thing. We are worried that we're the only one here and it makes me paranoid. Thanks for following this post. I hope there are other people who see this and could share their experience and insight. I really hope they'll send it to Manila soon.. :/

Timeline

Hi Gemspace! Wow! First week of October??? Oh, I sincerely hope it won't take that long. I have read that it's possible that it could take up to 50-60 days, but i really hope it won't. I'm still hoping for the best outcome. I feel you, this waiting sucks. There is really not much that we can do but to wait. I'm sure there are more waiting along the way.

By the way Gemspace, I viewed your timeline and it says that you don't have a timeline. I was wondering from which service center are you from? And for how long it took for your petition to be approved? Thank you!

Timeline

hello ,i am under tsc and our petition approved after 2 months and 3 weeks.. nvc received our papers after a week but unfortunately and i cant believe we will wait this long that we dont really expect.. we keep calling nvc and said its under ap and no time frame.. the last time my fiance called is they said it could take 30-60 days.. we are on our 5 weeks now so hopefully they will send it soon.. i got my case number already but cant do the medical as we dont know when they are going to send our case :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.