Elle&Kyle

Got our MNL case #, NVC -AP status, can we schedule an appointment now?

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

i didnt make my timeline yet cause i cant remember the exact date we files but will make my timeline soon.. :)

*filed

The file date is on the NOA1.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Administrative Processing at NVC

The NVC has a process of randomly pulling a certain, unknown number of "K" visa petitions for further administrative processing. It is unknown what exactly takes place during this process. As it is in AP post interview. It may be background/name checks and/or document verification. Some CSR's at NVC have said that they are "verifying documents". But the most common answer will be that "There is no timeframe for the process". There actually is a very predictable timeframe based on VJers experience that has been shared since December 2008. The average time that a case is held during this AP is around 50 days, give or take a day or so. You can call at least once a week to ask if your file has been released out of AP and forwarded to the consulate. Most petitioners that are pulled for random AP DO receive a standard letter from NVC stating that their file will be forwarded to the embassy "within a week", this is a standard letter which is mailed out whether one is in AP or not. If you find that your case has been held at NVC for longer than a week or so; it is advisable to call and ask directly if your file is in AP.

Timeline

hello ,i am under tsc and our petition approved after 2 months and 3 weeks.. nvc received our papers after a week but unfortunately and i cant believe we will wait this long that we dont really expect.. we keep calling nvc and said its under ap and no time frame.. the last time my fiance called is they said it could take 30-60 days.. we are on our 5 weeks now so hopefully they will send it soon.. i got my case number already but cant do the medical as we dont know when they are going to send our case :(

Oh, I see. We are from TSC too. I hope we don't really have to wait that long. You've been waiting for more than 30 days now. I really hope they'll send it soon. All of our petition. Yea, I've learned that we can't schedule it yet because our case is still at NVC, I was under the impression before that once we get our MNL case # we can schedule an appointment for interview and medical already as it is automatically will be sent as soon as possible to Manila. Apparently I was wrong. Update us about your case if there's any development, that could help :) Thank you!

Timeline

yes we cant schedule it yet cause what if our date in interview is coming really close and our case is still at nvc then we need to reschedule it again and we can only rescedule twice..so all we can do now is wait and wait.. this is sucks i know and very stressful but we dont have power over it..what we can do is to pray. in Jesus name..

Timeline

Administrative Processing at NVC

The NVC has a process of randomly pulling a certain, unknown number of "K" visa petitions for further administrative processing. It is unknown what exactly takes place during this process. As it is in AP post interview. It may be background/name checks and/or document verification. Some CSR's at NVC have said that they are "verifying documents". But the most common answer will be that "There is no timeframe for the process". There actually is a very predictable timeframe based on VJers experience that has been shared since December 2008. The average time that a case is held during this AP is around 50 days, give or take a day or so. You can call at least once a week to ask if your file has been released out of AP and forwarded to the consulate. Most petitioners that are pulled for random AP DO receive a standard letter from NVC stating that their file will be forwarded to the embassy "within a week", this is a standard letter which is mailed out whether one is in AP or not. If you find that your case has been held at NVC for longer than a week or so; it is advisable to call and ask directly if your file is in AP.

Yea, I have read this one. I'm just not sure if its still the same since 2008. My fiance just called them last Monday and we just got our MNL case # then. I think it took him an hour or so to get connected. We'll give them a call again next week.. ahh :/ .. thanks Gemspace!

Timeline

have u read the reason about ap at nvc..thats so frustrating and so unfair cause its a random check.. but the average waiting is 50 days so lets hope we will ge out from this ap stage less than that

will update what will happen soon and when we will get out from this.. :) salamat din :)

Timeline

have u read the reason about ap at nvc..thats so frustrating and so unfair cause its a random check.. but the average waiting is 50 days so lets hope we will ge out from this ap stage less than that

will update what will happen soon and when we will get out from this.. :) salamat din :)

I did! When we check our status online, it says "At NVC" and wait for instructions or if we didn't get any to click the link under it.. When we checked it , it lead us to a page saying "Notice" and an explanation of how busy they are right now at NVC processing approved cases. I think its just their way of telling us to just wait. lol.

Timeline

I did! When we check our status online, it says "At NVC" and wait for instructions or if we didn't get any to click the link under it.. When we checked it , it lead us to a page saying "Notice" and an explanation of how busy they are right now at NVC processing approved cases. I think its just their way of telling us to just wait. lol.

haha..yes..thats all we can do for now is to wait.. i was expecting the same too like if we got our case number its rock and roll time but i dont know there is additional waiting at nvc stage.. woohh

Timeline

haha..yes..thats all we can do for now is to wait.. i was expecting the same too like if we got our case number its rock and roll time but i dont know there is additional waiting at nvc stage.. woohh

Yea! We were expecting that too. We know that there is a waiting at NVC, but we were not expecting it could take that long. Its making me feel nervous and a bit frustrated.

Timeline

Yea! We were expecting that too. We know that there is a waiting at NVC, but we were not expecting it could take that long. Its making me feel nervous and a bit frustrated.

upon looking your timeline u only waited a short time for the approval.. congrats on that.. yeah its like we are waiting for noa2 again this time. hehe.. what i always do is check my status every day and hoping it will change.. but for now its stuck at nvc .. i hate that.. i want to see is in transit.. hehe

Timeline

I just checked our case number on CEAC , it says "In Transit". Does it mean we can now pay and schedule the interview???

This is what I see when I check the case #: "Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

-What interview date are they talking about???

Timeline

upon looking your timeline u only waited a short time for the approval.. congrats on that.. yeah its like we are waiting for noa2 again this time. hehe.. what i always do is check my status every day and hoping it will change.. but for now its stuck at nvc .. i hate that.. i want to see is in transit.. hehe

Yea, we waited for about 45 days, it was a lot sooner than what we really expected, as what we have read it could take up to 6 months or so, also we were processed in TSC, and we have seen that they are slowest service center and have read that many people are complaining about how slow they are. I jsut checked my status and it says "In Transit", try to check yours too! I hope we can get the same schedule for interview or CFO or medical at least, so we can meet each other :) That'd be really awesome! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.