aquadude2

Very fast NOA-1 to Noa-2, K-1 visa

59 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi! I had the same concern with you guys. We received the NOA1 on November 3 and after a week ( actually 4 days--November 07, when i checked it online, its APPROVED! I thought they were just having system issue that they got an error. LOL but when I read your comments, i finally have peace of mind! Goodluck to us throughout the process pips :)

Yeah, I thought mine was an error too, hate to say this but we were kind of counting on it taking longer. Both of us have a lot of loose ends to take care of. Not complaining, it will just be a hectic winter for both of us.

Timeline

Suggest that you begin preparing for your fiancee's interview by downloading packet 3 and 4 from the Bangkok embassy and begin the second half of the paperwork (you didn't think you were done did you? Your partnow is to complete the i864.)

applying for her police report (from all residence jurisdictions)

obtaining her immunization records (and beginning any multiple shot series needed so you can avoid later needing to complete a series and finding a local reasonable civil surgeon)

getting her (and for any children whether or not accompanying) birth certificates (remember to get translations for AOS

if previously legally married her divorce decree

if she has children outside of marriage a ' free to marry' letter from the amphur.

Best wishes

Steve and Gob

Thanks, Right now she is on a bus to BKK to get the police records. Yim is very organized and detail oriented... unlike me. I didnt know she needed BC for her daughter who will not be coming with her, will check and she if she know that. Knowing her, she already has it complete with translations. Shot record, sure it doesnt exist for her but not worried, medical services are very inexpensive in Thai.

Timeline

The 864 isn't used in K 1 cases. Submit the 134 as part of the P 3 docs. Good idea to obtain tax transcripts to send with P 3 docs. Obtain free on line from IRS.

She simply requests the police report from one source. The main police station in BKK. She needs to take copy of NOA 2 to them.

Thais often don't have shot records but if they do it would help. Shots can be done at local clinic much cheaper. Follow up shots can be done in the USA and are not required for the visa.

Translations can be done by anyone fluent in both languages.

Thanks for the tip on the tax transcripts, have copies of my returns but got the transcripts too. Was very surprised that the IRS transcripts were available instantly on their website. Just completed the form 134 last night with all the required documentation, was not hard to do.

Thanks again.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

if I remember correctly, since she has a daughter she will need a "free to marry" letter also.

9/16/2013-I-129-F Petition Rec`d-(Dallas lockbox, transfered to CSC)
9/19/2013-Notice Date- NOA-1
10/1/2013-Notice Date- NOA-2-I-129-F Petition Approved!
11/1/2013-NVC Rec`d I-129-F Petition
11/14/2013- U.S.Consulate- BKK Rec`d I-129-F
11/23/2013-Rec`d Packet 3
12/1/2013-Medical Exam
12/9/2013-Packet 3 sent to U.S. Consulate-BKK
12/16/2013-Rec`d Packet 4
1/22/2014-Interview/Approved!
1/25/2014-Rec`d Visa/Passport (Korat)

4/30/2014-POE-Chicago-O`Hare
5/1/2014-Successful S.S.# Application(Chicago office)Marriage License(Cook County)
5/2/2014-Married!
5/16/2014-AOS,I-765,I-131 package received by U.S.C.I.S.
5/19/2014-Notice Date- NOA-1`s
5/23/2014-Rec`d Biometrics Appointment Notice
5/30/2014-Early Biometrics(Chicago location)
7/26/2014-I-765 and I-131 Approved (card production)
8/01/2014-Rec`d Combo Card
9/10/2014-Rec`d Potential Interview Waiver Letter
3/20/2015-Filed form with CIS Ombudsman requesting assistance with AOS.
3/21/2015-Rec`d case# from Ombudsman.
4/03/2015-Sent I-765/I-131 renewal documents to U.S.C.I.S.
4/9/2015- NOA Notice Dates-I-765/I-131 renewal.
4/10/2015-NOA Notice Date-Biometrics Appt.for I-765/I-131 renewal.
4/27/2015-Biometrics Appt.for I-765/I-131 renewal.

5/22/2015-Rec`d RFE for expired Medical Exam.

5/23/2015-Rec`d Renewal Combo Card.

6/8/2015-Updated I-693 Medical Exam sent to U.S.C.I.S. (New York office)

6/20/2015-Rec`d Welcome Letter.

6/24/2015-Rec`d Green Card via U.S.P.S.

Filed: Timeline

I have been reading here for awhile at the lengthy times, 3-4 months, between receiving the NOA_1 and the NOA_2. I submitted my I-129F on Oct 15, notice date for NOA-1 is Oct 20 and NOA-2 Oct 31. Anybody else getting super fast processing or is this the new normal? Should I have any concerns about this or am I just lucky?

You must be very very luck!!. I think CSC is very much on time and they have no backlog like TSC. I submitted my I-129F in Oct 16th and received my NOA1 hard copy on the Oct 20th but haven't seen my NOA2 yet. There's no need to be concerned, you submitted your package somebody went through it and approved it ...enjoy what you got and run with it now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I just wanna know more about FORM I-797 as me and my fiance received SMS from USCIS saying that they received our fiance Petition and that the official Receipt Notice (FORM I-797) to follow in mail. I checked USCIS and found out that FORM I-797 is to acknowledge that The Petition is approved. So can someone tell me what does it mean when USCIS Says Official Receipt Notice (FORM I-797) to follow in mail?

This is the first Notification we received from USCIS after sending The I-129F. If this is the NOA1 then USCIS should say receipt notice (FORM I-797C) to follow in mail But it says on the SMS Receipt Notice (FORM I-797) to follow in mail. Has anyone received the same Message?

Hi Everyone!

I just wanna know more about FORM I-797 as me and my fiance received SMS from USCIS saying that they received our fiance Petition and that the official Receipt Notice (FORM I-797) to follow in mail. I checked USCIS and found out that FORM I-797 is to acknowledge that The Petition is approved. So can someone tell me what does it mean when USCIS Says Official Receipt Notice (FORM I-797) to follow in mail?

This is the first Notification we received from USCIS after sending The I-129F. If this is the NOA1 then USCIS should say receipt notice (FORM I-797C) to follow in mail But it says on the SMS Receipt Notice (FORM I-797) to follow in mail. Has anyone received the same Message?

This means your NOA1 has been mailed to you, which is notice that they have received your i-129f petition.

Following this, you are waiting for an NOA2 (if there are no RFE's in the mean time) which means it has been approved and will be forwarded to the NVC and then your consulate.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Pheebs1201

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Timeline

Hi,

Thank's for reply, I'm just confused with the FORM I-797C NOA1 and FORM I-797 NOA2

I understand that Noa1 is what we received but it says on the SMS that official receipt notice FORM I-797 to follow in mail. What does it mean?

This means your NOA1 has been mailed to you, which is notice that they have received your i-129f petition.

Following this, you are waiting for an NOA2 (if there are no RFE's in the mean time) which means it has been approved and will be forwarded to the NVC and then your consulate.

Hope that helps!

-------------------------------------

Hi,

Thank's for reply, I'm just confused with the FORM I-797C NOA1 and FORM I-797 NOA2

I understand that Noa1 is what we received but it says on the SMS that official receipt notice FORM I-797 to follow in mail. What does it mean?

Hi,

-------------------------------------

Hi,

The SMS is an electronic notification informing you that your NOA1 is in the mail and on its way to you.

What you receive in the mail is the actually hard copy which you need to keep a hold of.

Does that clarify things?

Immigration Timeline

K1

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

ROC

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

I am the Beneficiary

Timeline

The SMS is an electronic notification informing you that your NOA1 is in the mail and on its way to you.

What you receive in the mail is the actually hard copy which you need to keep a hold of.

Does that clarify things?

Yup thank's so much :)

Did u also receive the same notification?

Yup thank's so much :)

Did u also receive the same notification?

Yes my OH received an email on monday night, still waiting for the hard copy to arrive in the post though :)

Immigration Timeline

K1

ROC

N400

I am the Beneficiary

Think your lucky to get the small, I never got one.... and yes I filled out its form and attached to the front of form 129.

Do you mean the email? If so, did you check your spam/junk folder? I have heard of it ending up in there for some people.

Immigration Timeline

K1

ROC

N400

I am the Beneficiary

Timeline

Do you mean the email? If so, did you check your spam/junk folder? I have heard of it ending up in there for some people.

Yeah meant email, sorry post was from phone. Never did get the email and yes checked the spam folders. It doesnt really matter since the approval was so fast.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.